šŸ§Ŗ Early information on the January 2023 HOTM -- Roughian & Nurgib [Part of The Beta Beat V53]

@PlayForFun : if this hero targets a multi-charge hero at 3x, does the hero steal 50% of the 3x accumulated mana ? Thereby reducing that target to 1.5x charge ?

1 Like

I highly doubt it, but I will test it and let you know.

1 Like

Based on how mana steal currently works, you canā€™t push a hero to a lower charge. So likely will only be able to steal 50% of the current bar.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a question for youā€¦ 50% of 12 tiles is 6. 50% of 3 tiles, like styx) is 1.5. Soā€¦ A fully charged hero having 50% stolenā€¦ Is that 10% to each of the 5 heroesā€¦ Or is some weird math happen that converts it based on charge level. I presume 10% eachā€¦ But it is worth asking.

1 Like

Too good to be hotm, nerf hammer in 3ā€¦2ā€¦1ā€¦

2 Likes

I was thinking that tooā€¦ but I didnā€™t want to say anything.

1 Like

Lol better than most of the Styx family snipers, or hell any sniper in the game. No way they will release a HOTM thatā€™s stronger than any paywalled sniper.

1 Like

I have just seen this hero artworkā€¦ I thought that she and the dog will look more like Odin and his wolf or like Noor and her birds, but noā€¦
I noticed that I like new artworks less and less. Monster hunters, new HoTMs, Musketeers.
She looks like an orc, green skin, red hair, wearing fur and leather cloths. The dog, or the wolf is as big as she is and is kind of cartoonish? For me their artwork isnā€™t good. I would prefer seeing more artworks like Odin or Noor.

But Xenda looks cool, I like her/him.

This hero is so OP especially the innate ability. Imagine this hero next to M&M and has 3 kittens. thatā€™s like +20% mana each turn when he has M&M heal and 15% mana with just the 3 kittens! Heā€™ll be effectively very fast mana speed and will be giving mana to all allies when he fires his special. And they nerfed Xnolphod?

So this is the foil to M&M. R&N literally counters every point M&M make.

1 Like

First pump so many minion heros, then send a RNG based auto minion killer. I really hope she doesnā€™t get beaten to death before release. She wonā€™t break the meta as she is offense based.
I like her element link, she can help her red friends with all those s5 passives.

Stealing Mana is good.
Eventhough if you read it carefully, this stealing Mana is just giving you Max 10% mana (if enemyā€™s Mana Bar is full) if you still have a full team. Cause 50% cut it to 5 Allies.
But i donā€™t know if you are the only one left, are you getting 50% or still 10%

Very likely you will get 50%, thatā€™s why the less heroes you bring with you, the faster your team will be.

She is a fun and balanced hero for a hotm. Please donā€™t touch anything, maybe the e-link be dropped to 30/50%. Because if itā€™s 80%, they might as well just have it be turned into an ailment shield at that point

5 Likes

Now you can officially use zocc on cleric or monk. If the MA fails, use her to steal it back :laughing:

1 Like

@PlayForFun is it the full 50% or 50% of the mana the target currently has? So letā€™s say if the target has 80% mana, she can only steal 40%?

From what I can tell in testing, it steals 50% of the current charge. So if they have 2 full charges, it takes them down to 1.5ā€¦ another thing, if the hit kills the target, no mana is stolen. Would be great if that was the 1st special in the list :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you. This Jan HOTM is useful indeed. And yes, I agree that the steal mana special should be First.

Steal first, then murder.

Mimic some RL crimes.

1 Like

It appears that he steals up to 50%. So if they have 40% they go down to zero. So with a full team it looks like each hero gets around 10% boost. I didnā€™t notice much difference in mana gain between hitting a target with 30-40% vs full bar. Iā€™ll keep testing tho

1 Like

Iā€™m still on the fence as to whether or not Iā€™ll level this one if I get it. Most of the time, I think Iā€™d do better to just have used a different hero, but once in a while this hero pulls off a miracle.

From what Iā€™ve seen so far in testing this hero, they tend to either die before you can use their special OR they kill their target and no mana is stolen. Itā€™s really hard to get the mana steal to happen.

That said, when it does work, it can be glorious. One time, hitting a full health, fully charged Anne with this special literally turned the tide of the battle in my favor by charging up the rest of my team (and stopping Anne from firing, of course).

The element link sounds awesome, but as others have noted, damage is still applied. All that is dodged is the ailment(s) themselves, not any accompanying damage. But with so many ailment dispensing defense teams out there, of course it helps.

Iā€™m still trying to puzzle out the precise details of mana steal; when I was testing there werenā€™t many multi-charge (styx/ninja/magic) heroes to test against, so how it interacts with that is something Iā€™d still like to explore.

4 Likes