đŸ§Ș Early Information on the January 2020 HOTM (Vela)

Just answered at this → Vela – 5* Ice/ Blue - January 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) - #260 by RockyNutz80

2 Likes

Ao, it looks to me like at 3/70 she won’t be much of anything

Almost no 5* is much at 3.70

4 Likes

Well, I disagree with you there. I frequently use them successfully in the wars. When you have 20 of them waiting for materials, you have to do what you have to do

I”ll 5/0 stack you like a mofo until it hurts! :crazy_face:

Name some 5* who are impressive at 3.70. I never said they were unusable, I said almost no 5* is much at 3.70

1 Like

Maybe non-damaging heroes such as Mother North?

Even GM is unimpressive at 3/70

3 Likes

Sure, but even then they’re often too weak at slow speed to be viable.

1 Like

It is possible to drown with 3rd degree burns. Vela’s special says nothing about the water temperature. There is definitely a scenario where burn damage can continue with water applied (even if fire is out).

I find Miki quite usable at 3/70 on titans. He does need a mana potion to jump start, but that would be the same regardless of whether he was 3/70 or 4/80. I think support type heroes can be useful at 3/70 in the right circumstances.

Miki is a good example, but it gets dicey past 10* titans

3 Likes

Think she is quite good. But water damage exactly same as poison
?

I thought water damage could be same as poison **+ it should lower all fire/red targets attack value with XX% **

If in the card said Deals extra damage against Fire or against Holy for poison, then it is, otherwise it does the same with all element/color opponent.
And in Vela’s card said Deals extra damage against Fire.

1 Like

But for example Athena is doing extra damage agains fire. Without any water damage involved. So still, the introduced water damage is same as poison damage. Or do you mean that the damage over time is increased against fire as well
?

1 Like

The water damage and extra damage against fire is different aspect.

1 Like

All hero tiles do extra damage against the colour they’re strong against (red > green > blue > red & purple > yellow > purple)

SPECIAL SKILLS however only do extra damage if the card says so. For special skill damage (Direct or over time) the natural elemental resistance doesn’t count; exception being if there is an elemental debuff in place (e.g. frida, Evelyn, Jackal etx
)

So heroes who will do additional damage are GM, Athena, Vela. Examples who won’t are Alasie, Arthur, Alice etc
 (Ones where there isn’t that “deals extra damage against xyz”)

Sure?
Imo she does extra dmg against fire with her special, too.

Oops, you’re right. Athena bad example haha

Athena has the “deals extra damage against fire” written on her card (don’t have so forgot & had to double.check)

A better example would have been Arthur or Alice or Alasie

Edited accordingly :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Everyone of a strong element will deal more tile damage to its weak colored opponents. That’s the reason for using a stack. :wink:

Yes, as the card said like that, here is the demo:

1 Like