đŸ§Ș Early Information on the January 2020 HOTM (Vela)

No, because DoT bypasses all Defense and deals what people sometimes call “true” or “direct” damage, i.e. what you see is what you get, it doesn’t get mitigated by Defense.

(this, by the way, is exactly why the Jean-François Beta Beat thread is approaching 700 posts, debating the balance of his beefy DoT)

But it would scale up another 20% when Vela is on Defense, since defenders get an unlisted 20% bonus to their Attack stat.

So technically Vela’s DoT can go as high as 355 — assuming she has all Attack Talent Grid Nodes unlocked, a Level 30 Mana Troop, and is on a Defense team.

4 Likes

Ok so do I still go Vela before misandra aegir magni second alasie second Frida? No blue will replace Finley on my defense.

1 Like

Had a really last minute thought that perhaps JF’s two defensive buffs (Defence Status Protection and Elemental Defence Buff) should have been swapped with Vela’s elemental attack debuff condition and vice versa with Vela getting the defence status protection and elemental defence Buff - though naturally the elemental attack debuff and elemental defence Buff would have their element changed to be more suitable for their new hero. Seems silly that both being Fast that JF has both the higher damaging special AND the better defensive buffs. But anyway that thought is probably way too late in the day now
 Ah well.

No need to put ^1.35 on the calculation?

Even half emblemed Rana with unmaxed troop have her DoT increased from 400 to 600.

No, look at the Azlar example I posted a couple days ago, it’s a straight multiplication linearly with the Attack stat:

5 Likes

costumed 5*+20 rainbow teams

This is correct.

They also do not suffer the shallow slope of the ^1.35 curve when their attack stat is lower than the defender’s defense stat.

This is also why 100% DOT heroes like Natalya, Morgan Le Fay, and Jean-François. are so effective against high defense stat, maximum costume, maximum troop 5*+20 rainbow team.

Of the three examples listed, Jean-François is the only attack all enemy, and rainbow 5*+20 defense teams will probably stay more common than non rainbow 5*+20 defense teams.

Gravemaker is still good, but Jean-François is most likely better.

Releasing Jean-François after Vela just seems mean.

Blue DOT

Though Vela’s DOT does not overwrite Jean-François’ DOT, unlike Natalya and Gravemaker, so more DOT damage with both active.

Vela’s most important attribute is blue DOT to all enemies.

We already had red, purple, yellow, green DOT. But knowing the Devs, I expect a Season 3 hero to also have a blue DOT.

8 Likes

The fun part is that, from the beta beat, the trend with S3 heroes seems stacking additional health to heroes, which can somehow be seen as a counter measure against dots (if I undertood corrctly, lol)

3 Likes

What is green DoT? Locke/Morgan?

Yunan and the horse he rode in on.

1 Like

That is more like yellow DoT

For some reason I always though sand DoT as yellow DoT
 even though Hissan and Yunan have it :sweat_smile:

Maybe because the Summer Event have yellow theme color???

1 Like

I’d max Misandra before touching Vela because she is a much better Titan hero and a good one to pair with Ariel and (if you have him) Alberich.

1 Like

Can Missandra strike multiple times in one skill when there is only 1 target such as titan battle?

1 Like

Where would I use misandra for titans?

Miki Frida Finley Alasie Ariel is my current team.

Tried Kiril but Ariel mana buff and cleans seems to give better results.

I get B grade on 3-5 hits so main reason I’m not ascending Aegir.

Take out Alasie. Misandra’s skill is too valuable, especially paired with Ariel.

1 Like

Yes, Misandra can hit the same target all four times.

2 Likes

Well thi thread will be obsolete in about 4 hours. She’s gonna be available then.

2 Likes

Zephyr will probably lock the thread and all discussion will transfer over :slight_smile:

I’ve actually historically left both threads open, based on conclusions in this discussion.

2 Likes

No changes to Vela live.

2 Likes

Yep! I just updated the Vela post-launch thread with images and a note that the stats are unchanged from Beta. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes