🧪 Early Information on the Goblin Balloon [Part of The Beta Beat V31]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Overview

The Goblin Balloon is a new loot crate reward system that has players collecting crates from wanted chests and paying a small price to open them, or foregoing the price to destroy the crates and get recycled loot instead.

Your profile must be level 10 to have access to the Goblin Balloon.

Since purchases are disabled in Empires Beta … we can’t actually test this feature in beta.

So how do we share information on this? By looking at Small Giant’s other game. If you’ve read the synopsis of the Goblin Balloon with the option to buy crates or recycle them for loot, then you will recognize that this sounds very familiar.

Indeed, the Goblin Balloon is exactly the same idea as the Fortune Airship from Puzzle Combat. I’ve included screenshots from Puzzle Combat (NOT EMPIRES BETA) to give you a general idea of what might it work like in Empires:

All the details I’ll be posting relate to Puzzle Combat, but if it really is the same as the Airship in that game, they should carry over to the Balloon in Empires.

Crate types

There are three types of crates; regular crates, epic crates, and legendary crates.

The rarer the crate, the rarer or greater the loot.

Regular crates only contain one thing; it can range from 10x loot tickets, x2 Titan flasks, x5 battle items, etc… The possible loot in Empires will very likely be different though.

Epic Crates and Legendary Crates, on the other hand, contain up to 3 items. But you must choose one to purchase. You can always change your selection after you’ve chosen the item.

The selection for items in Epic crates ranges from epic ascension materials (in E&P, these are 3* non-farmable materials), a bundle of epic hero tokens, etc… The possible loot in Empires will very likely be different though.

The selection for items in Legendary crates ranges from legendary ascension materials (in E&P, these are the 4* ascension materials), a large number of 4* hero trainers, etc… The possible loot in Empires will very likely be different though.

Buying vs Recycling

You can buy the crates at any time; the price goes up depending on number of crates in the balloon. The Balloon can hold up to 5 crates.

The amount of crates you have currently in the balloon determines the price you have to pay to buy them all. You can buy the crates whenever you want – but keep in mind that more crates makes the purchase more expensive (up to 5 crates per purchase).

In Puzzle Combat, waiting until the 5th crate results in getting an additional mystery crate if you choose to buy the loot. Possible loot from the mystery crate is randomized, and ranges from epic ascension materials to rare crafting materials. I don’t know if this is going to carry over to Empires.

On the other hand, you can also choose to not buy the items and recycle them instead. This destroys all the items, but gives you some small loot in return. The loot, in my experience, is about as good as the monster chest in that game – so even though the possible loot in Empires will very likely be different, I wouldn’t get your hopes up to expect much from recycling.

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

24 Likes

So for F2P, we can get loot from recycling which is equal to chest, right?

How do we opt for recycle?

2 Likes

The option to recycle loot shows up once you’ve collected 5 crates.

5 Likes

In Puzzle Combat, once you get the fifth crate, there’s a recycle button that appears. The recycle loot is always straight garbage. After seeing this in Puzzle Combat, I knew it was a matter of when, not if, it would come to E&P. For F2P, this feature is somewhere between useless and terrible. In my experience with Puzzle Combat, I wouldn’t even use saved Google Play Credit to get what was actually in the chests.

14 Likes

In Puzzle Combat I also call it the Fortune Air :shit:

:grin:

But yeah, it’s just a way for the game to get more microtransactions. I only bought it once, when my first crate was a Legendary one and it gave me an ascension material for $1.99 (Price in CAD). The price increases from there though as you get more crates, so buying into this continually can seriously add up. Most of the time I recycle too.

You do get some food and iron when you recycle though, so it’s basically an extra wanted chest. I can always use more food and iron in E&P.

Definitely always check your budget and make sure you’re getting something you need from the crates too, if you do choose to buy.

17 Likes

Looks like I will go green on this and opt for recycle.
Please don’t tell me that this means I get garbage or something less than the current rewards for the chests

3 Likes

You won’t get the same things that the crates have. The rewards are more akin to the monster chest. That does at least include food and iron, which goes up if your storages are high level.

But like I said:

5 Likes

I prob wait to see what people post on what they get to see if It worth buying. As the info is sketchy and you can’t test it in beta to see what goodies yah gonna get.
Recyle can probably throw you something decent once in while as even a monster chest does.
Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Very shady deal like always from SG.

8 Likes

Oh good. Because we needed another micro transaction with RNG. Just what we asked for!

As @yelnats_24 said, it’ll just be another chest. I’ll view it that way.

21 Likes

It’s the same for people who do pay :stuck_out_tongue: The price for what you get is ridiculous. The only exception probably being when you get a legendary crate in your first or second slot. But that won’t happen often, if at all.

5 Likes

Can you only recycle when the air :poop: is full?

Otherwise seems you should recycle every time unless it’s a legendary crate. Might get less rewards that way, but if you’re willing to pay, aiming for that 4* material seems worth it.

Yes, only when it’s full

1 Like

Do you know the price points the other game uses for each level of balloon completeness, @DaveCozy? I see that it’s $5.49 for 3/5 in the screenshot above.

I just recycled my airship this morning, but I’m pretty sure it’s:

• $1.99 for 1 crate
  • $2.99 for 2 crates
  • $3.99 for 3 crates
  • $4.99 for 4 crates
  • $5.99 for 5 crates (plus the bonus crate)

All prices in USD.

5 Likes

I would gladly pay $2 for 4* ascension mats :thinking:

1 Like

but do you wanna pay $2 everytime u want a chance at 4* ascension mats? :thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

My prices are in Canadian, this is correct :slight_smile:

3 Likes

it’s a pretty similar deal just with sneakier marketing to the “you get at least 2 of these” RnG pack specials in the shop every day

1 Like

Maybe I read this wrong but I pay $2 for a 4* ascension mat right? Not for a chance. I have plenty of heroes waiting on the bench for mats

3 Likes

Cookie Settings