🧪 Early information on the February 2022 HOTM -- Iris

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the February 2022 HOTM, Iris.

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Iris Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Power: 799

Attack: 784
Defense: 747
HP: 1365

Element: :snowflake: Ice (Blue)

Class: Wizard
Family: Legends 2022

Innate Ability: Mana on buff Dispell
This hero receives 10% mana each time a buff is dispelled from the hero.

Innate Resistance: Resist Burn
This Hero has innate resistance against burn.

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Erase Strength

• Deals 325% damage to the target and minor damage to the nearby enemies.
  • Dispells buffs from the target at the end of each turn for 3 turns.
  • Deals extra damage against Fire.
  • Element Link gives all Ice allies +10% attack for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

10 Likes

New status effect almost like a reverse Francine

Fast is always nice. Resist burn is good, but not as common as it once was.
Extra damage to fire is great to see, but we had that with Vela and then removed.
Innate ability is weird that you have to have buffs in the first place to get removed. Hero doesn’t cast dispellable buffs on self. Could get a bit trickier to work with.

10% attack elemental link is uncreative, but at least decent. It’s not amazing, but it’s solid.

Overall she seems solid, but not fantastic. Most f2p players or players without depth could use her. Players with more depth will like the buff removal and exta damage against fire at fast speed.

10 Likes

Iris seems more of another offensive hero

@PlayForFun there is a word missing? 10% mana?

1 Like

Yes, I have fixed that now.

1 Like

Thank you for your hard work!

This hotm looks interesting, I wish she hit all 3 targets for 325% or a little lower but equal… I dont use obakan for that reason :thinking:

Still she deal extra dmg to fire (we saw that earlier poor vela :roll_eyes:) and a dispell on one target but 3 turns I don’t know… taunters are already dead on def teams

Plus 10% attack buff for ice heroes

I mean she is better than Reuben at least

2 Likes

This looks like an interesting one to me! Fast hit-3, extra damage to fire. Would be even better if dispel is to 3.

1 Like

Curious: does that mean she gains mana during the clean phase of War Equalizer as well?

3 Likes

I’d hazard a guess that it doesn’t, as the wording for War Equalizer is that status effects are removed, rather than dispelled. Sneaky.

4 Likes

Curious as well; can’t be tested in beta though as we have no wars.

1 Like

Another hero going to see “Nerf”. She is definetely stronger thn Vela.

Anyway, perfectly fits my defense since i only have Magni(no costume) as fast blue hero. Fingers crossed to get her.

Dispell one target, make it target and mearby

1 Like

She is what c Francine should have been in the first place

3 Likes

How much extra is “deals extra damage to fire heroes”?

5 Likes

That’s the feeback from every Beta testers who posted some feedback on her in Beta Lounge.
Let’s hope staff performs this change like they listened to Beta Testers about Viscaro (with the addition damage bypass minions term)

1 Like

Looks pretty solid. Seems that with Hanitra and Viscaro we’re retunring bact to useful HotM (*knock* *knock*).

Also her first Ability works for each dispelled buff separately (ie. she has 3 buffs, they get dispelled, she gets 30% mana) or just 10% per whole dispel?

5 Likes

The reading of the text would seem to indicate 10% per buff. But, that’s a good question.

They need to, there’s no point in that skill if it’s going to dispel just the target

2 Likes

Not just target and nearby enemies, it should be aoe dispel.

My lone ice dispeller is Sonya… So she’s better than Sonya… But is she 6 telescopes better than Sonya. I’m leaning towards… Hey… I got her… But not… Hey I need you have her.

3 Likes