đŸ§Ș Early information on the February 2021 HOTM Uraeus

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the February 2021 HOTM, Uraeus.

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Uraeus Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Attack: 778
Defense: 727
HP: 1324
Power: 786

Element: Holy :sun_with_face: (Yellow)

Class: Sorcerer

Innate Resistance: Resist Sand Damage SandTrap.
This hero has an innate resistance against Sand Damage.

Innate Ability: Health from Dead Minion
This hero gains 50 HP when a minion owned by them is destroyed.

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Strike of the Cobra

• Deals 485% damage to the target.
  • Damage bypasses targets minions
  • All enemies who own a minion receive 426 189 315 Sand Damage over 3 turns.
  • Element Link summons a Holy Minion for all Holy allies with 5% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master beta-beat thread:

16 Likes

Yes there are TWO (2) Passive abilities for this new HotM (and the Jan one too).

This appears to be the start of the 4th generation of HotM which have both a passive resistance AND a passive ability

16 Likes

@Guvnor Thanks for helping keep the community informed!

Can I suggest that SG consider remaining this hero? Shall I spell out why? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

No need to rename, since the term is entirely consistent with the appearance of the hero: Uraeus - Wikipedia

Yes, it will quickly get a nickname, but there is little that can be done about it :smiley:

8 Likes

Thanks for the info. :+1:

I think its well balanced to be average. Huge damage and a secondary skill
 In older times he could have been released as fast with slighty less powerful secondary skills but not nowadays. Im ok with that, i like the concept behind this hero and would be a good tool to have

1 Like

Good hero.

If he fast people will absolutely chasing him. But since SG downgraded all recent Hotm, this hero considered one of the best among them all.

Worth to have.

Regarding class, he is a sorcerer, one of the rarest class of good heroes, so he might considered must have.

5 Likes

With minion killer releases coming out one after another, including Skadi, C.Gormek, and February’s HotM, putting minion summoners on the defense team is likely to be out of date.
Killer hero at Undead Horde. I save darts for him.

1 Like

The Sand damage is equivalent to that from my Rana+11 on attack route. All in all, I like him
 only down side for me is that he is also a sorcerer. I like all my ascended sorcerers (ursena, MLF, Vanda, LotL) and all of them deserve more emblems

Uranus looks pretty decent - hopefully no major changes!!

Just to highligh that Uranus is from greek mytology and uraeus is from Egypt one. Its related to a cobra

5 Likes

Now i get Zulag`s Innate Ability

2 Likes

Looks a very good hero, nice damage and good attack stat. The secondary sand damage for anyone with minions means average is appropriate.

Looks like most recent hotm, better in offence because you can target the targets with minions to make full use of the skill

So much for Telly and Vela resisting minion removal eh
 this will now be a BAD thing.

Honestly, it was autocorrected, and I was too lazy to fix :slight_smile:

Vela doesn’t resist minion removal, except by Noor’s minions.

And the DoT isn’t that massive. It’s basically enough to kill a good minion and pass some damage through to the hero. Multiple minions mean you won’t take any to the hero.

1 Like

I hate all the negativity around hotms before releases. I know you won’t feed them if you get them, so don’t hide in negative comments.

1 Like

Oh that’s right. A bit disappointing then. Still interesting/different at least.

1 Like

This makes me really sad actually, their absurd desire to create an endless number of telluria counters has inadvertently also nerfed Bera and Freya.

The saddest part; whatever data they have for the still heavy handed use of Telluria through the community is not attributed to her still being op. Rather it’s due to not having either the ascension materials to ascend or gems/luck enough to summon someone to replace her.

But these continued anti-minion heroes are inadvertently nerfing other minion creators, enough is enough guys. Give new ascension mats and time for players to get new heroes and telluria will go away without nerfing Valhalla as a whole, Christmas, and the in game minion mechanic.

I’m not a huge fan of average snipers, but this is a huge secondary effect. I haven’t done any DoT research, but I imagine 426 over 3 turns is very high. Especially since it’s Sand, it doesn’t overlap with the common Poison/Fire damage.

At average speed I don’t see him overwhelming changing the game (which is probably a good thing). I’d consider him to be a relatively good hero. I’d probably still choose Joon over Uraeus if I need one hero, but he’d make my yellow mana team over costume Li.

Totally unrelated, I’m definitely going to be calling him Uranus. I know it’s wrong, but it’s all I can see and think of. I don’t think I’m the only one

I would rather this be a health gain when enemy minions are destroyed. I don’t see an extra 50 HP for every time a minion he owns being destroyed as a huge change in gameplay.

I’m sure the question will come later, so I’ll state my assumption that if a hero has 100 HP and 3 minions, then is hit by Strike of the Cobra dealing say 500 damage, that hero is dead regardless of the minions in front of it. I’d be surprised if any other outcome exists.

1 Like