šŸ§Ŗ Early information on the February 2021 HOTM Uraeus

This is what Zocc deserved, a little less. For this one itā€™s a very good hit.

Iā€™m normally against Average snipers but this one seems to be a good package. Perfect counter for Seshat!

He looks balanced, a bit strong than most Average. Specially lastest HOTM. He may get nerfed but worth the mats. Having 2 resists is strange but last HOTMs were so weak it makes sense. I like him. His artwork is also BEAUTIFUL.

3 Likes

An average speed cobra? , nevertheless looks good!

4 Likes

A really decent HOTM, but I think he will be nerf before his releasing. If he keeps his status like this until February, Iā€™ll try to pull for him.

As @Polentinha said, a perfect counter for my dear Seshat. :cry:

2 Likes

What artwork? I am blind or you know the artwork from another source?

Expecting Nerf Hammer in 3ā€¦2ā€¦

3 Likes

Beta testers will have seen him.

Urineus :smiley: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 Likes

After reread his DoT ability, i think its kinda OP, his DoT too big

2 Likes

They seriously need to rethink the name of this HOTM. Otherwise he is going to be the butt of all jokes.

7 Likes

Not good at all. We have lots of heroes so much better like joon, he is fast and does a great damage. This hero is very specific when the opponent has some minions, if they donā€™t have, this hero does absolutely nothing, just a damage charged in the medium mana.

Wrong part of the anatomy to be the butt of jokesā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

In his current state, this is actually the first anti-minion hero Iā€™m interested in! Heā€™ll just melt their whole squad! :skull:

I absolutely agree with you. The DOT needs to be reduced.

Seshat will no longer be a queen in the left cornerā€¦ Gefjon is a realdy a reason to abandon her in defense but when this hereo will be released she will definitely need to be replace.

2 Likes

Yeah, heā€™s going to get nerfed. That DoT is so very much heavier than theyā€™d actually put in the live game, Iā€™m sure.

Iā€™m hoping it stays heavy to a good degree, though! This may be the first minion buster Iā€™d find interesting!

When they started making all these minion heroes, I actually got excited because I thought ā€œYES! Minion busters will finally have a use!ā€ :joy: Yeah, itā€™s sad for the summoners if we get a LOT of anti minion heroes. I think the concentration should stay smallā€“much smaller than the number of summoning heroes. Otherwise itā€™d be like having the same number of rabbits & foxes on the same island, and no place for rabbits to hide. That wonā€™t go over well. But far as Iā€™m concerned, anti-minion heroes are another part of the ecology and they need some love too.

1 Like

I mean seeing things like this make me feel like spending 1 cent on this game is too risky. The fact this even hit beta is NUTS.

This is without emblems. The reason heā€™s nuts is that dot is soooo high, that just having him on defense completely makes any minion creators impossible.

Like krumpus, freya, bera, telluria, Santa, buddy-all dead now lol. Are yā€™all just messing with us? Or did you legitimately release bera as a soft counter to minion creators, followed with gefjon, pushed us all to summon, and then gave us this 1 hotm with higher summon odds that does it all better?

Skadi, grimble, captain of diamonds-this was enough, then you gave us gefjon and bera.

This is totallyyy overkill.

Stop trying so hard to get rid of telluria that you destroy the balance of the rest of the game, and give even more buyers remorse to your customers.

When you let this hit beta as is, it makes us all get nervous, because if it stays this way-we all summon it, then you nerf it again. Then we have telluria issue round 2.

Are you going to buff back telluria to restore trust in you all again, and youā€™re just teasing counters so that there are adequate counters to telluria but she gets to be strong again?

Or are you trying to just destroy an already destroyed telluria meta and then destroy all minion creators too? Yā€™all need help. Serious help.

3 Likes

This post summarized: Uraeus will get nerfed, but even if he didnā€™t, it may not be so bad. If heā€™s on defense just donā€™t bring a summoner. If heā€™s attacking your summoners, who cares? The Uraeus owners will enjoy rolling you over, and you wonā€™t even see what happened and probably wonā€™t care. Everyone should be defeatable anyway.

My original ā€œsteam of consciousnessā€ thoughts:

Wait a sec, Iā€™m considering the implications of OP minion bustersā€¦

If a defense team has a minion buster as nasty as Uraeus, it may be best to not take a summoner to fight it. Uraeus is a hard counter, but itā€™s not like half your heroes are summoners. Minion busters on defense are easy to get around. If you donā€™t bring minions, Uraeus would actually be quite weak against you. Not much of a problem.

On offense, if you bring Uraeus against summonersā€“and @ManiacOfMayhem kindly reminded me of the Telluria metaā€“You have a ā€œsilver bulletā€ counter. I think every hero should have its counters, and as the variety of heroes expands, hard counters will become more common. If the game gets to 1,000 heroes eventually (hypothetically) then every hero should have at least 2 others that spell its total doom.

Nearly all heroes in the game donā€™t raise a fuss. If you donā€™t have any of the top 20 heroes in the game (a small number, seeing how many they are now), youā€™re not relevant in the god-tier meta. If Uraeus were released in his current state (which he wouldnā€™t be anyway, Iā€™m sure), Telluria would still be a top tank because not everyone will have Uraeus. Well, maybe everyone in the top 100 will so we wonā€™t see Telluria up there anymore, but maybe some of us get tired of saying the entire gameā€™s meta is exclusively determined by how things go with those top .01%. But Telly would have a strong counter.

BKā€™s top tier. Counter him with Kageburado. Gravemakerā€™s top tier. Counter him with Zimkitha (or Reuben, though I have the lowest opinion of him). Those top heroes are still good because not everyone has the counter.

Uraeus would still be a problem because heā€™d be so accessible. However, unless youā€™re competing to be in the top 1%, what difference does it make for the Telluria owner? Youā€™d never even know Uraeus was involved. In raids, you donā€™t lose anything by losing anyway. In wars, it should still have been possible to bring you down in one shot if your attacker has the resources. I think itā€™s good for attackers to have an advantage like this because the attackerā€™s the one having fun or getting upset. The defender wonā€™t even know what happened and probably wonā€™t care.

Edit: Further thoughtsā€“Everyone got upset over Telluria because she was insane on defense. Many attackers couldnā€™t get past her, and attackers are the ones actually playing through this fight. Finleyā€™s maybe just as powerful, but nobody bats an eye because attackers love him. Defenders donā€™t care. Theyā€™re not even playing in that fight.

You asked why it matters: short answer-you canā€™t use minion creators on your defense.

Owning this 1 hero makes the option to use minion creators an impossibility.

Grimble is a good counter but not totally game breaking. This guy is crazy because the damage on the single target hit bypasses their minions.

That means heā€™s a 3 math hero who totally destroys anyone with minions.

This isnā€™t good for the health of the game. Minion creators should be viable on defense.

1 Like

Just a little tip about the name. If we had inherited the Greek pronunciation of the name, then yes, it would have been a bit awkward between Uraeus/Uranus. Fact is we inherited the vulgar Latin pronunciation, so that ā€œaā€ is not actually spelled.

3 Likes

Telluria is not destroyed lol