đŸ§Ș Early Information on the February 2020 HOTM (Jean-François)

I hope I’m wrong but I’m just judging by what I can see. I tend to lean toward building the best defensive teams and I just don’t see the perks in using him :frowning:

1 Like

I hope you’re wrong too and I mean that in the best possible way :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hope you understood the original answer to your question is on defense the 604 damage over 2 turns would be somewhere like 650-700 over 2 turns depending on talent level whereas you don’t get that bonus on offense! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I actually didn’t know that so much appreciated Ryan!

1 Like

Hi new player here and recently got jean francois. However i noticed his maxed skill as images stated is burn 302 over 2 turns. Mine is only 202 over 2 turns at maxed skill. Is there something i am missing? Thanks for the help

You need to bring him to last ascension and level. That 302 damage scale with his attack stat, with attack emblems it will be more than 302.

Oh i see. Thanks. Because i thought he is the same as others which shows their maxed skill dmg as per images. Sigh. Last ascension. Alrighty

Just got him. Incredible considering I got Vela last month too (though before that last HoTM not from Atlantis was Miki). Now just need two more rings, one would be in Mt. Ember which should appear any time soon. Intending to run him and Vela together. I’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

Congrats bud! I’ve had a few friends say JF is good and they like him. I think Vila is solid- I have 11 tiers of emblems and run her with Frida and Alasie. There is a set of rings at end of POV if you finish as well.

1 Like

Ah yeah, completely forgot about those rings. I will see if I am able to finish Valor, so far it looks ok.

Congrats. I think Vela is an outstanding hero . JF is good, I like to pair him with a few snipers instead of Vela but it is fun stacking DoT.

1 Like

just pulled him.
am I right in thinking he will apply burn without taking damage from hero’s with counter attack ?

Correct. Counter attack does not reflect DOT unless stated otherwise.

3 Likes

I think he will be pretty useful once I get him leveled up

2 Likes

And get ■■■■ after the release because from most desire Hotm become ******* that sit in the bench waiting for buff heroes

1 Like

I just pulled a 2nd JF. what do you guys think, worth having 2?
I still haven’t started leveling the first. I don’t have many maxed 4* . I have scarlet getting close to max at 4, 48. I plan to level bold tusk next.
i do not have mats to max JF. he would be stuck at 3,70.
being a hotm but will be a long time before I will be able to use either of the 2 I have would it be wise to keep both on the bench for the future or just keep 1?

yes keep both, although we do not how is hero academy works, but also maybe JF will get buff who knows :sunglasses:

3 Likes

great point!!! I didn’t even think of that

1 Like

Can we start a petition or something to ask the Devs to add a Buff to JF. Just add 150% damage to his current special.

We can hope right ?

6 Likes

I’m having issues with how Finley interacts with Jean’s special and it’s making me grumpy. Several wars now Finley’s hitting my heroes seemingly far too hard without it saying he bypassed their specials (thanks for making Finley a ranger who counters his counters. >:[
)

Just now he hit Vela for over 600 damage on his first strike. Never said he bypassed her. So with 95% ice protection shouldn’t he be doing maybe 40-100 damage at most. It’s happening multiple times now with no rhyme or reason and making me think the interaction of these 2 are bugged a bit. Because I see him and Kunch in almost every war I leveled Jean as a counter to have available but instead I’m just getting a bit frustrated that things aren’t seeming to work as advertised.