🧪 Early Information on the February 2020 HOTM (Jean-François)

I believe three turns would have been better suited here. Dropping down to two is a bit much IMO.

1 Like

The vast consensus here seems to be that JF 1.0 was over the top. JF 2.0 is the second coming of Neith. So the best path forward is the middle ground: 450 dot over 3 turns.

1 Like

Ive fought GM for so long on defense I forgot some players have him on offense and can direct his attacks :rofl:

Not looking forward too facing a fast all target DOT with multiple other buffs/benefits. Hopefully all these people having issues with the change will keep their word and not summon him so I’ll have less competition.

And where are the people who always talk about FTP being the only complainers… I want to @ a few specific people.

7 Likes

No, the vast consensus is JF 2.0 a very great hero. Some side consider him on par with the OP GM, another side consider him bad.

4 Likes

So, we’ve all had fun comparing GM and JF. GM wins hands down. How bout another interesting comparison that hasn’t been brought up much: who’s gonna get all those shiny wizard emblems? Is the nerfed iteration of JF gonna be good enough to de-throne the queen tank, Guinevere herself, and take all her emblems? Will the locked in 2% upper echelon of this game we all love get to keep their fearsome combo of guin tank, GM flank? Or will nerfed JF shake things up a bit? Or at the very least give them a hard decision to make?

Where exactly are you getting that from?

I’ve yet to see a single assessment which shows that GM is better… let-alone hands down…

2 Likes

He’s not meant to kill the entire defense team. That is what he did before, and hence why he got an adjustment.

His damage in battle is going to be higher than that 302 too. Troops and emblems bring it up. Here is a guide detailing how Damage over Turns scales with troops and emblems: Understanding DoT (Damage over Time)

3 Likes

Also counterpoint to this, I rarely actually see a Guin-GM combination… at least not consistently… There are some yes, but its not even close everyone who is playing in the top 100 leader-board or top 100 alliances using GM & Guin combo lol

That’s nothing any other hero would not benefit from.
Other heroes get Hp up, too.
Troops too.
It’s your choice how you invest your emblems so that argument of troops and emblems does not apply just to him, it only misguides people

3 Likes

Suggestion:
Actually do some maths & calculations before harping on about how ■■■■ current build JF is.

Hint:
I already did them for you.

And for good measure heres why V1 JF should NEVER EVER EVER see the light of day…

1 Like

See a lot of ursena/kutchen gm combos so agree emblems is not an issue.

3 Likes

All that looks great on paper, but the reality is different. Look at Grazul, by what she brings she should be overpowered making all the status ailments heroes obsolete, but she’s not and most people favor other options over her, myself too.
*note, I’m not using poor Neith anymore

2 Likes

Where are you getting the “Reality is different” from? All the beta posters who’ve posted in this thread are saying that he is good in current build…

Suggestions to increase DoT come at the expense of something else…

Yeah, he’s a great 4* kind of hero.
Plus, as someone mentioned before, we’ve already had 2 support heroes before. Where’s the fun in that?(impo)

Uhh sure… what 4* hero exactly is he comparable to…?

Let say Buddy
20 Buddies

For what he does he must be in the same ligue as JF

Care to elaborate on how he is comparable to Buddy?

Maybe something like the comparison I did between JF & GM showing they were pretty comparable…?

1 Like

That’s a bit of an exaggeration. It seems to me slightly more than half think he’s over-nerfed, the majority of the rest thinks he’s good the way he is, with a small minority thinking he’s still overpowered.

4 Likes

Def down, attk down, damage dealer and minions plus he’s a little tough dude