đŸ§Ș Early Information on the February 2020 HOTM (Jean-François)

About emblems
 I would choose atk path. With mana troops too, he’s devastating. Can anyone do the math for his DoT with atk path and lvl 23 troops? I guess is huge

737 base attack up to 871 with full emblems means 18% more attack, so:

604 burn damage over 4 turns -> 712 burn damage over 4 turns

Equip max level mana troops and he will deal 26% more:

712 burn damage over 4 turns -> 897 burn damage over 4 turns

Place him on defense and he will deal even more:

897 burn damage over 4 turns -> 1,076 burn damage over 4 turns

17 Likes

His burn damage even at base is very overwhelming from what I’ve raided with him.

He completely shuts down Morgan Le Fay too. Bypasses her fire defense buff, and laughs at her attempts trying to steal his health.

11 Likes

Yeah, it’s pity that DoT bypasses even elemental defense buffs. My poor Morgan :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Hmmmmmm, I might finally build my DoT oriented attack team only :slightly_smiling_face: him being a wizard will also work nice with Grave for emblems on defense.

If he does not get nerfed significantly he will be one of those must have heroes for sure.

3 Likes

Still early thoughts, but:

Honestly I think his Burn DoT needs to be toned down a bit. Generally speaking, the burn damage from heroes like Azlar or Gravemaker can be at least mitigated a bit with HoT buffs. But not J.F., his damage far surpasses any HoT except
 well Morgan’s but that’s just to her and as covered, he’s built to counter her.

So he requires a cleanse, which isn’t always something that will be around; depending if your cleanser died early to unfortunate chained attacks + skills, and particularly during wars.

I get that he doesn’t hit with his skill, but even considering that, the burn damage has felt pretty overwhelming to me.

As I said though, early thoughts. I’ll see how I feel after raiding him more and more

7 Likes

I looked up my Cat and she has potential to deal 468 damage to all over 4 turns. If paired with J-F, it would mean instant death for all attacking heroes
 in 4 turns :wink:

6 Likes

Does this include elemental defense ailments?

1 Like

Yup, it includes all defense debuffs, elemental included.

4 Likes

We are early november, and rather that finally giving us this g*****n Hero Academy (which i’m sure is already done, they just don’t want to show to us yet) they making us “test” the February and March Hotm.

February and March Hotm. Are you kidding me? This is so sad that it’s almost hilarious.
Literally smoke in the eyes.

You want a feedback? An opinion?
My opinion is that we don’t need to test them right now.

7 Likes

The only problem I can see with this is that if it gets toned down and with Grazul/Ariel etc
 allready available he will become a joke of a HOTM where he does not even tickle.

On the other hand like this he is formidable and you need to plan your attacks against him
 but dont listen to me its the pyromaniac in me talking :slightly_smiling_face:

Him, Jabber, Grave would make any team weep :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Indeed, he pairs well with Vela and minion users too. Delilah and the new green one Telluria for e.g., their minions can deal additional tiny damage
 it’s all small damage but does it ever add up!

Instead of setting up the KO with jabs, you’re just aiming to kill with a thousand jabs :laughing:

yeah and that’s the thing here
 a tricky balance to find. His DoT needs to be high enough such that he doesn’t feel underwhelming either, as he doesn’t hit.

2 Likes

As a Natalya owner, I feel offended. And don’t tell me that she can’t be dispelled so it’s balanced. Any healer counters her special, and all the new “resist to status aliments” make her suffer with each new hero already (Kingston resists that, each Monk with talent resist that, Grazul gives protection against that etc). I am glad they buffed her adding these 8 dmg per turn :joy:

4 Likes

That’s my line of thought too. Unless they give it direct damage, his dispellable DoT should not be nerfed. Otherwise he’ll end up being simply a utility hero.

2 Likes

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF GRAZUL??? Jesus that power creep

2 Likes

To save you from Jean?

7 Likes

I think he is very good the way he is right now. Hope they dont nerf him at all

He’s essentially a better grazul. He protects and does damage.

2 Likes

A french name 
94% ice def buff just like G Kong

Now, I really don’t know who can be accused by genocide in battlefield
 He or Snow White? :rofl:

3 Likes