đŸ§Ș Early Information on the February 2020 HOTM (Jean-François)

If you take Alice to a raid and if you take Marj to a raid - compare the two scenarios

Alice may do more damage and have an attack down spec. But in raids, you can’t rely on good boards and you can’t assume your snipers will fire off the bat.

You have to assume a ‘pretty bad’ case scenario where you won’t get the boards you want and you will sustain damage BEFORE you get to shoot your specials.

Would I take the hero that has a higher chance of firing their special even if the special is weaker? (Resilience) Absolutely

If all boards are guaranteed to be good, would I take Alice? Yes definitely! Because I know she’d fire.

But common experience tells us that boards are not always in our favour. I just want heroes that live long enough or have the greatest chance to fire their specials. It is a risk mitigation strategy

1 Like

If you need durability then take Marj (eventough in reality its marginal) but to advise any player to invest Rogue emblems into Marj over Alice would be misleading players.

Oh and from a durability viewpoint you are ignoring the -att debuff from Alice.

As for bad board theory, if you get a fairly bad board Marj marginally better durability aint gonna sustain you long enough to get off a good set, and when you get off a good set of tiles you want Alice to fire and not Marj

3 Likes

If she fires of course she’s more durable. I don’t assume my heroes fire early.

Alice = 714def x 2 + 1326 hp = 2754
Marjana = 712 Def x 2 + 1404 hp = 2828

Thats hardly marginal in the world of E and P.

That’s the difference between surviving a hit or two long enough to have a healer bring you back up.

You’re entitled to your own opinion but it’s unreasonable to say Alice is the only worthy rogue in a list that includes Marjana, that is why I entered the fray

1 Like

It is worth taking into consideration that if you need a single target damage dealer (let’s be real, you definitely need one) blues have plenty of viable options. Reds have Marjana and only Marjana. For that reason alone, Marj would be my pick. If color considerations didn’t exist, Alice is a pretty clear winner.

To tie this back into the thread, Jean is going to eat into this consideration noticeably. Who needs a red sniper when you can deal snipe-esque damage to ALL enemies simultaneously, at fast mana, with defense buffs, and with 10% crit

2 Likes

Is it crazy that Jean is going to even shift the emblem meta and make Vela even weaker? If he releases as-is fast cleanses will be at such a premium that nobody can afford to leave emblems off of Zim to place on Vela.

1 Like

If you have to take Marj into your offensive setup due to that slight durability advantage and then that advantage is what wins you the fight well my dear sir you had a pretty crappy board :slightly_smiling_face:

I get your point, but bar what Mr. Style said down with style related to Marj being the only red sniper she would really not be considered worth of emblems over Alice.

Yet again stats and usages back that up and we really should differentiate between mature roosters and middle of the table or low hero roosters, but like you said we are all entitled to our opinion.

Now back to the topic of JF as we really went offtopic now, you bring up a very interesting point @Mr_Style_Points and it seems Grazul, Ariel and Zim are going to come even more in the spotlight and the emblem situation is exactly what I was mentioning above, some heroes will become ignored due to the meta.

2 Likes

Absent Ariel this is who I take against Gravy tanks and it has won me many battles. I expect to take the same team against JF

If I had Ariel I’d seriously consider bringing 4 cleansers or 3.5 healers

Perhaps I’m just too cautious and scarred by experience. I’d say 50% of my boards are not very good and I don’t like taking chances especially in war

Very nice, you are set to go :slightly_smiling_face: and yes Ariel is a monster healer and dispeller, I usually run her in my BK - Grave - Grave - Kingston fun offensive setup and she makes everything so much easier.

Also Grazul, eventough she is not a dispeller per say, is so easy to manage due to her V.fast speed is going to make dealing with JF easier.

1 Like

That is a valid point, and its certainly the way we deal with different situations that will make you prefer one hero over another.

One thing to note is that JF wont care about defense at all, he will just burn through everything :slightly_smiling_face: I am slowly leaning on building that DoT damage team, especially if JF stays like this and I manage to pull him.

2 Likes

Laughing until 2030! :joy::joy::joy:

I don’t think JF is a GM 2.0, it’s closer to a Natalya 2.0 with a hint of G. Kong. DOT, delayed mana gain and elemental defense.
Natalya does not pose a big threat, I hope JF fares better.

Thanks for the welcome.

If you had read my post correctly, you would somehow understand I advocate turning JF into a glasscannon, i.e. keeping his outrageous dmg output but making fragile. Conveniently, to support your reply, you left that information out. A nerf doesnt imply downgrading all aspects of a hero. Your main prenise is wrong and thus, both statements can be correct.

Why I suggested removing the ice resistance and changing into rogur class is quite simply - even without defensive ailments he’d still be prone to blue color stacking (rogue doesnt help you with tiles) Therefore, you create a strong red HoTM, BUT who you can work around against. A fast buffing ice resistance hero makes this guy arguably impenetrable, along with his high dot dmg! (just in comparison, a classic (whatever) Domitia gives the same amount resistance only to max three heroes at AVERAGe)

First off, I don’t see Rogue class as arguably the strongest. A fighter class on Delilah or Boldtusk is iconic; a cleric on a healer is also very strong candidate; a monk class may resist ailment you place
 Every class is potentially strong under right circumstances. I like wizzard class on my aoe hitters, for example,but each to their own. Your playstyle may differ to mine, so you value rogues highly - that is your opinion, not a fact.

I dont get to pick which hero will be of which class, thus I only highlighted the disbalance in HoTM classes - not Atlantis, Events, etc
 It is not my opinion, it is a fact. SG didnt create a HoTM sorcerer since January 2018, or a monk since August 2018.
Wizzards and Clerics are just everpresent and if the fear of stacking such heroes in same teams is the sole reason for matching them with same classes - then why dont they just scratch the other classes and round them all to a total of 3 or 4? And if the common logic dictates that we will be having only stronger and stronger heroes in near future - what do you expect then? Only wizzard classes out of the fear of combining or (like you described) the fear of ever pumping heavy amount of unused emblems from other classes?

Now I feel I’d have a question for you of what you want this game to become - to open itself up or to close itself narrowly down with options?
I like having diversity and I like options, if that is what this game offers and promotes.
If not, I might as well play Tetris.

1 Like

Who is the best:
Red HoTM - Gravemaker
Tied for second - Zim, Grazul
Green HoTM - This is a hotly contested color Alby, Evelyn, Kingston
Dark - Hel, Seshat
Holy - Drake, Del
Blue - Aegir (HA HA Just Kidding) Alasie, Frida

So we can talk about power creep, and how heros are now so OP, but most of the top HoTM’s are old. If you only started playing a year ago, then the only way you could get them is if they are featured in Atlantis where it could cost you a zillion dollars to get one.

Speaking as someone who started about a year ago, I RELISH the though of a red hero that is worth the rings, and not just as a support hero. Don’t get me wrong, I like Zim. And I like Grazul. But which one of them should I put on my defence? Well, neither. Zim tries, but let’s face it, she’s never going to cut it.
So please, don’t nerf Jean!

4 Likes

I’m not opposed to the power creeps, it should’ve started with Neith, but he has to be nerfed somewhat. I think the best outcome would be average mana and the buffs for nearby allies only. Maybe knock the attack stat down to 700. A red Guin so to speak.

Would be more like A3E Natalya with some additional buffs. Which would be manageable and much better than actual skill. It’s still early (and I don’t even know why they rushed with this beta when the people wait for HA) and I think the hero won’t remain like this. Because I couldn’t even call him hero. I’d call him superhero :smile:

Lmfao, I considered he might look more like a buffed Natalya in that scenario. I really can’t think of a way to properly nerf without making him a poor man’s gravemaker.

Maybe just make his mana average and knock the added defense by 30 and be done with it.

But you already did and you had a good idea. To be A3E, not AoE. And even so, would be greater than GM with those additional buffs, which like you said, should be a little nerfed. But in this scenario, the mana speed should remain fast, imo.

1 Like

You forgot the one that people loved the most for a long time before Kingston came along, Zeline.

1 Like

So which HOTM for next year would be the best? Vela/J-F/Telluria all look pretty good to me, Vela for titans and the other two more for pvp. And green/blue/red heroes are all welcome right now.