šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the February 2020 HOTM (Jean-FranƧois)

That number is before multiplied by troops and without emblem. Fully emblemed with level 30 mana troop might increase it almost around 500.

1 Like

That number is also per hero so 300 x 5 = 1500 total dmg

1 Like

Iā€™ve played a game with zero counters to new heroes. People stuck with that (and loved it more then than we would today), but it wasnā€™t a desirable situation. Basically it was a never ending spiral of ā€œhereā€™s a new mechanic to counter the old mechanic that was over poweredā€; i.e., ā€œletā€™s make characters that totally shield others on the team from damage when the special is active AND counter attack when protecting;ā€ ā€œok, but now no attacker can damage anyone on the other side and is just dying to some guy with a shield;ā€ ā€œok, so letā€™s add a psychic power and a couple of stealth characters that hit extra hard when stealthy and the protect wonā€™t workā€; ā€œgreat, but now those two or three characters dominate and the players are pairing them with the protect guyā€; ā€œwell, then we have toā€¦ā€ Etc.

While not denying that some heroes in this game are better than others and may make life easier if one has them, no hero Iā€™ve seen is at that level of ā€œIf I donā€™t get this one hero, itā€™s pointlessā€. Stacking, Mana negators, buff wipers, good boards, healing, and the general scarcity of the HOTM make it unlikely that any hero gets there. JF, Telluria, whatever is down the road season 3, itā€™ll probably be not as difficult on defense in practice as weā€™re all theorizing here.

2 Likes

Uh sureā€¦ Remind me to never vote for you if you ever go into politicsā€¦

Really??? YOu really believe this will fix world hunger and poverty??
I suggest you go and look into the history of Zimbabweā€¦

No Iā€™m not saying thisā€¦ Iā€™m saying that the solution to an allegedly OP hero is not to create one who blasts him out of the waterā€¦ Thats just stupidity

No actually I didnā€™t say thatā€¦ I said that not everyone will get the HotM so making arguments that he will help people are falseā€¦ Thats relying on an underpinning assumption which is that everyone will GET the HotMā€¦ which they wonā€™tā€¦

Youā€™re missing the entire pointā€¦ JF previously didnā€™t match up to old heroes, he blew them out of the waterā€¦ NOW he matches up with old heroesā€¦ As I said, go and run some mathsā€¦ Check your numbersā€¦ THEN come back and argue that Heā€™s been nerfed too farā€¦

Iā€™ve said it else whereā€¦ JF in his CURRENT build is balancedā€¦ He is of equivalent power to Gravemaker now.

2 Likes

But thatā€™s the thing I donā€™t get about preventing 2nd GM. Benchmark has already been set and can be hit again instead of always hitting below.

Alby was a game changer hero when he arrived (and still is), and adding MN didnā€™t make things worse. S3 is going to have its own take on Alby as well.

Iā€™m ok with toning down JFs previous build, but nerfing too much just because game canā€™t handle another GM is not a good argument.

I donā€™t believe having first release of HotMs be slightly weaker would solve the problem. Last two fire HotMs have been a support hero, and lots are waiting for a new offensive fire red. If this build were JFs first release granted there wouldnā€™t be this much enthusiasm, but then that doesnā€™t changed peoples preferences.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll retype my reasons as to why JF & GM are comparable (ish)

Direct Comparison

As you can see, JF not only has 2 additional supplementary components to his Special Skill but his DoT is across 5 enemies. This has a massive benefit in that REGARDLESS of how many enemies are on the field, he will STILL burn them allā€¦ When one or two heroes are missing, GM can no longer necessarily do the full extent of his specialā€¦

Damage Comparison

This maths uses the following formula:
[Damage] = 100 * [Damage %] * ([attack stat] / [defence stat])^1.35
(Read more by searching ā€œDamage Calculationā€)

If we look at them on offence where the user has the ability to target specials:

Three major things to point out:

1. JF needs 1 less special execution to kill the entire team
  2. JF does more Damage Per Special than GM.
  3. JF needs 2 less tiles to fully execute the plan than GM does.

If we look on Defence at the number of times needed to kill a specific hero:

From this, you can see that in order to kill each target, JF requires less times to fireā€¦ Reason being that he hits EVERYONE regardless of position, GM must target individuals.

If we looked at extending it to killing the entire team, the result would be the same as above for JF, needing to fire 5 times and the enemy is dead.
GM on the other hand becomes much much much worse as the AI doesnā€™t target as a human wouldā€¦ It is essentially randomā€¦

Summary

Now I challenge you to contradict any of the above & in fact welcome itā€¦

But frankly, JF is still better than GM even after his nerfā€¦

The other thing in all that is that I hardly included the bonus skills that JF has and GM doesnā€™tā€¦ These skills further enhance his durability, even if they donā€™t do anything to his damage outputā€¦ This means that JF is more likely to hang around & execute the entire team as compared to GMā€¦

18 Likes

Jean has WAY more HP than I recall seeingā€¦

1 Like

GM is VF, and JF is F.
It means Itā€™s easier to dispelled than GM.
Itā€™s easier to die before firing than GM.
So itā€™s unfair.

Itā€™s hard to see "VerySlow 1000% to All " as superior to GM

1 Like

Uh sureā€¦ Show me a dispeller who is at Fast speedā€¦ (Iā€™ll save it for you, there isnā€™t one besides Zimā€¦) This argument has been made repeatedly & has repeatedly been shown to not matter to either caseā€¦ Read further up if you care to, Iā€™m not repeating it again.

Reallyā€¦ Thatā€™s the entirety of what you got to argue that itā€™s unfairā€¦ That the speeds are different??? Did you even LOOK at the rest of JFā€™s card or have you stopped reading at the Speed & DoT??

If JF was to become V. Fast he would need to lose ALL the supplementary components to his specialā€¦ But NEVER ONCE in this thread has that been suggestedā€¦

JF is pretty comparable to GM after being nerfed and essentially losing half of his hitting power. So what was he before?

1 Like

Was double the DoT over double the durationā€¦ Can re-run the mathsā€¦ Hang on

Ok Here you go, JF vs GM PRE NERF

Direct Card Comparison

JF vs. GM when AI is Targetting

JF vs. GM when Human is Targetting

3 Likes

Looks about what I guessed. Two hits and youā€™re just about dead. Three if weā€™re generous and you can actually cleanse one of them.

1 Like

Hence the need for a nerf :wink:

1 Like

True but killing one team member at a time quickly is often more valuable than taking a longer time to kill all at the same time :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah but in that, GM doesnā€™t do much extra damage compared to JF per specialā€¦ its ~150 which is equivalent than one tile from a 2-stack on strong colour.

1 Like

GM is not deadly in isolation. Itā€™s the way he weakens his prey for the rest of his pack to finish off. JF will be the same. The killing blow is often not the strongest.

3 Likes

Heā€™s interesting but given I can only hoard for one hero I might just save up for Telluria as I desperately need green and a pally

3 Likes

Personally Iā€™m going for a Guardian ā€“ so very (exceedingly) slim chance I might get Vela. Iā€™d love Panther or Jackal, Iā€™ll probably end up with the Bat.

I wonā€™t be trying for JF.

2 Likes

I donā€™t mind him losing all his other utility. Keep and make him an all out Damage Over Time deliverer. Extremely good at one thing like Lianna.

3 Likes