đŸ§Ș Early information on the December 2022 HOTM -- Balur [Part of The Beta Beat V52]

Yuck.

A question though about the passive. I think it was Zagrog ( brain not cooperating so may be wrong) that couldn’t get attack ailments or buffs. Have they changed it for this so it’s only ailments this time round? Do you think they’d make that update for Zagrog too?

Zagrog can’t be affected by attack down stacks. I assume this guy would

A big MEH from me. I’m always looking forward to the HOTM and it’s color because some I’m a lot weaker than others. Throwing a turd of a Blue out there is going to make me wait another 5 months hoping the next Blue is interesting. This one is a snooze.

1 Like

My sentiments exactly
 I hope I’m missing something because this guy isn’t worth the feeders or the scopes
 Though i do have gaillard
 So redundant.

I really like my hanitra
 Don’t put her in this group with those two.

2 Likes

My December HOTM ranking, if Balur is going to be released like this:

1. December 2018: Evelyn
  2. December 2019: Grimble
  3. December 2021: Haniitra
  4. December 2020: Reuben
  5. December 2017: Perseus
  6. December 2022: Balur

Balur is even worse than Perseus, which is terrible.

8 Likes

I think Grimble is starting to edge out Evelyn since so many heroes can do what she does
 But otherwise
 Spot on.

3 Likes

Another crap blue HOTM.

This hero might have some tiny bit of worth if the heal was on inflicting bleed instead of bleed damage, as it might be able to become a healing machine in a dedicated team. But heal on bleed means at most 100 heals per turn, on the end of your opponent’s turn.

As it is, it’s just blatantly punishing f2p and c2p who save coins for christmas.

2 Likes

Very legit point. “People are already spending on pulls for Christmas event, let’s offer soul exchange food”. This damn game thinks they can slip anything by the stupid consumer.

2 Likes

Awful HOTM. With so many excelent epic ice heroes the only use i see for this 5☆ HOTM is to keep it until soul exchange.

1 Like

I just noticed the special skill’s name is “Double Flail Mayhem”. They missed the opportunity to make him like Zekena or Kullervo. Double flail? Hello?

I am actually fine if he’s normal and deals an additional 500% to another enemy.

2 Likes

The Creativity is reserved for the twenty new events they plan to dump regardless of community input, especially any doing Beta testing. HOTMs are now S1 heroes apparently.

1 Like

Sounds its a ritual for december hotms
December 2017 meh
December 2018 evelyn she’s ok (green DD is cool though )
December 2019 grimble meh too except lately against minions
December 2020 red zombie i cant write his name or i will puke
December 2021 hanitra she’s ok but too passive
December 2022 a little buffed richard
meh

If he was fast, he would still be a bad hero.

3 Likes

Food for SE.

20 characters.

2 Likes

Morlovia will start in October and end in middle of November.
So two HoTMs are obtainable during that event.

2 Likes

Soul exchange fuel, again.
Its getting boring.

2 Likes

Does the bleed heal work from other barbarian team mates or bleed specials like Tahir?

The way it should work, any bleed debuff placed on any enemy would cause the passive to activate, regardless if Balur did it or any barbarian talents activate. Similarly to Russell, I believe, gaining mana whenever an enemy is burned by him or another ally hero.

1 Like