šŸ§Ŗ Early information on the December 2020 HOTM (Reuben)

ā€¦THATā€™S got to be the part that I missedā€¦ Now I see his purpose. Iā€™m not even close to the GTV cloud, so Iā€™m not fast to consider that meta. I still think Grazulā€™s better, though.

Or maybe use both? Lots of players with more resources than I do tend to stack their colors. Maybe Reuben just wonā€™t be a crown jewel in a 5* rainbow squad, but he could fit as a situational utility item.

I think 5* heroes should always be more than that, but he might save someoneā€™s neck someday.

Heā€™s got half a year before release. Iā€™ve said my piece. Guess I oughta sit down & just see what he turns into

Lol thatā€™s what everyone had in mind :rofl:

But still, I actually think Evelyn and Panther are better all-round heroes.

But Reuben is more specific to nasty status damage and Telly and Co

1 Like

He doesnā€™t hit hard enough to make a dent in Telluria. Heā€™s another offensive failsafe to pair with Grazul to avoid getting DOTā€™d to death.

2 Likes

Heā€™s not a Telluria assassin, no. But Telluriaā€™s job is to stall you while the flanks soften you up and the wings sweep up.

So him being created just to counter that will make some people very happy, but to me itā€™s a bit too prescribed to not feel like a cash grab on people struggling with the current meta.

Iā€™m feeling a bit over SGs tactics lately, as are many people.

Upcoming Gefjon (s3) is the straight up Telluria assassin. Red with 772 attack and 500% snipe and steals targets minions.

7 Likes

And even harder to chase than Reuben!

7 Likes

Oh, I feel the same way about SG. Will only spend for Path of valor, alliance gem shares and maybe VIP from here on out.

Maybe even nix those if things get too out of hand.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve ended the chase. Theyā€™re behaving like crooks so theyā€™re getting nothing more from me

6 Likes

100%. Iā€™ve almost stop spending apart from VIP and POV. SG credibility pretty gone up in flame in a dumpster fire imo. They need to start delivering for players to win back loyalty points. A good start is to just listen to player base and at the very least, the beta testers.

2 Likes

They may never learn but we need a huge boycott to get their attention

6 Likes

A lot of greats, most long gone already, have called for this but nothing has happened.

I am still scratching my head as to why but I think itā€™s because forum voices donā€™t necessarily reflect actual player spending and hence, as bad or reckless as SG are, it just doesnā€™t affect a big chunk of hard revenue. At least not yet.

But yes there are cracks, but theyā€™ve been there for ages

Total meta killer. Two reubens in a team will fully crush GM and vela whilst they wont be affected by tellus mana slow.

Yeah, cant wait for complaints that SG wants us to spend money for reubenā€¦ didnt all of you shout out for reds that help playing on GTV defense? :wink:

5 Likes

Good thing that I am saving all of this year EHT for Christmas Event.

December seems to be the month when my gems will reach 8000 at Atlantis too.

This hero could have been better with additional dispel buff though.

3 Likes

Ohhh, I like the sound of this guy! Telly killer for sure! Will defo save up ascension mats for it as well as the upcoming fire hero for this year. :slight_smile:

They should have released him in julyā€¦

1 Like

This one is better, not an outright sniper. But his second skill is fantastic, covering all allies at fast manaā€¦

ā€¦his elemental link would make him unsuitable against Titans thoughā€¦hate minions delaysā€¦ looks like this yearā€™s designs are mostly about minions.

1 Like

Clearly an anti-Telluria option. The DoT reduction is an interesting mechanic and Iā€™ll be curious to see how well that works out in lieu of a more traditional full cleanse.

I think Iā€™m going to NOT use my EHTā€™s on the summer event because:

1. The Sand heroes donā€™t overwhelm me, nor does the new one. Certainly they look well behind the Christmas heroes, especially because I expect a powerful new one to be added,
  2. The HOTMā€™s that will be available during Sand event also donā€™t seem to stack up with the ones that will be available over winter.
  3. That also allows me to see if the Halloween event gets a big boost and becomes compelling.
8 Likes

Have 10 Rings now. Probably will save my Ringsā€¦ Until Decemberā€¦

Maybe a chance for this HOTM or the Red New S3 sniper.

December and November seem the only decent HOTMs worth chasing. In my case, since I am loaded on Blues, this seems like the best course of action, unless Morlovia makes me an offer I cannot refuse.

3 Likes

I was intrigued by Reuben until I saw the -50% is only to status effects. Thatā€™s lame af when paired with 215% damage to 3.

If it was -50% to all damage and status effects, then yes that would absolutely justify to weaker hit 3 percentage. That would make a really unique tank kind of like a combination of Obakan and Sif without the counterattack.

Unfortunately, itā€™s not and Iā€™m not excited anymore for this hero.

2 Likes

I just realized the comparison to Thoth, long considered an underwhelming hero. Both are fast damage to target and nearby. Slightly different effects. Is the secondary effect enough to make Reuben viable when Thoth is not?

2 Likes