đŸ§Ș Early information on the December 2020 HOTM (Reuben)

Well, at the time of that post, Telly was not yet nerfed and we don’t have a clear counter to her. Now she has been reduced that she ain’t much that usable on offense (the very thing I and several players were sad about) and her defense is not as it was before, and now we have buffed Kong, Gefjon, Vanda, Garnet, etc who may be used effectively against Telly.

Yep, Reuben as is is not that much desired anymore, but a lot of players still struggling against Telly and other DoT heroes would welcome the December HOTM with open arms and legs. But I do agree he will be better if his damaging skill multiplier is increased more.

1 Like

Nope actually
 He does not do much and he will fire without right timing by the AI. He won’t do any substantial damage and may hit only 2 heroes if he aim in the wings. Not mentioning his skill can be easily cleaned with Sonya.

Yes but Anzogh is avarage

Reuben has a higher attack stat too, so more damage. Slightly lower defense, more health.

As a fast attack he can easily keep his protection up constantly, charging in 2 or 3 matches depending on troops. And right now there’s no other way to reduce DOT damage. You can prevent it with Grazul, but probably can’t keep that up constantly. You can cleanse it with many
 but not in a red stack.

And that’s really the rub. Red lacks an easily accessible cleanser. Until that changes there’s definitely a use for Reuben, even if we’d rather have something better.

1 Like

You forgot Guardian Kong and Zimkitha.

2 Likes

Thanks. Edited. Neither is exactly easy to get (especially Zim). Of course, neither will Reuben be after December.

I dont have those fire legendaries with cleansing abilities, too. For me to remedy that, isometimes tend to bring my Graz and BT in my monored team.

OMG !! Can you guys discuss cash grab, dead game, debacle, #nospend, cash cow and what-not on some other threads created for such purpose. You are poisoning us and this thread primarily aimed on giving early information on new and upcoming heroes that it is out of topic and irrelevant. If you truly and really hate this game and don’t find enjoyment here anymore, why not quit the game and/or the forum and leave quietly. Please. Thank you.

12 Likes

Actually, what red is lacking is dispeller.

If SG add dispel to this hero, I will chase him.

Even dispell to him and nearby would be enough. Or increase his dmg to 240% to make him usefull as dmg dealer.

1 Like

Means very little to me. Fast or average, as is Reuben doesn’t hit hard enough. If he were like Evelyn or Panther with an elemental defense down I’d be ok with it as is. But again, he’s not the solution before or after the Telli nerf.

Well
 So
 Red still lacks a cleanser AND mostly a dispeller. Kong and Kitty are too rare to consider in the count.

But hey Reub can still
 Hum
 He can still
 Don’t know maybe he fits well at 1/1 at our benchs because his artwork is pretty cool.

Yeah a dispell nearby would be just obvious and fair. Compare him to Eve and Frida and boom you have a perfect example of underwhelming hero. Not sure about him as a damaging hero since he’s a protector (who doesn’t protect anybody very well). At this current state he is even more ridiculous if you compare him to Vanda who is VERY FAST and does a quintillion more things than him. But what can we do. At least he summons a 5% HP minion yay

2 Likes

If you get lucky and pull C.Marjana and pair her with Reuben, his damage should be quite „okay“, maybe around 400-500 on 3 targets. Both are fast speed so to me this looks like a good synergy for now, add another hit 3 in the combo like Gravemaker or Kestrel and your fast red stack suddenly hits really hard.
So a lot of „if’s „ 
 I know that not everyone has those heros, I‘m just trying to find a way to make Reuben a good option in a certain setup because just looking at his card and other recent reds like Gefjon,Garnet,Vanda etc. that got released he looks a bit underwhelming at first sight😅

1 Like

With C. Marjana, even vanilla Gormek will hit like a truck :wink:

My thoughts exactly. I’m prepping to hopefully be lucky enough to pull costume Marj. If I do I still don’t think Reuben makes the team in his current form. Marj, Gefjon, BK, Graz and Tyr would be my Red team more than likely.

So, by that logic, you mean to say that players are wasting time, effort and resources training in TC20 and summoning in most portals to get 5* heroes because getting them is “too rare to consider in the count”? We know that its only a matter of time and luck for players to get 5* heroes from TC20 and the portals. Its like saying that yellows lack regular defense down hero when costume Vivica can be pulled from the Masquerade portal.

Zimkitha and Kong are recognized cleansers. Though Zim cannot be pulled anymore as HOTM, she can be obtained in the Legends portal or as a result of retraining in Hero Academy while Kong can still be obtained every 5 months from the Teltoc portal. Ignoring their existence in the live game and their cleansing skill is contrary to the claim that reds are LACKING cleansers. To propagate that idea is ignorant to the fact.

He would still be a nice addition to the players still struggling against the defensive core of GTV defenses, even after the fact of nerfing of Velluria, especially since Reuben is just a lucky draw from most December portals while trying to get heroes in the xmas, masquerade, monthly challenge, Atlantis, Valhalla and ToL portals. It is not entirely impossible summoning Santa and get the HOTM, or Zimkitha + HOTM, etc. The odds are slim but it is still possible.

Nope. Well, yes if you’re expecting of a 5* red cleanser.

I said what is written. Kong and Kitty are cleansers but they’re too rare. We ALL need more opportunities. If don’t need, at least it’s welcome. Considering how specific Reuben is, dispelling or cleansing nearby would be a lot welcome for red stacks or even gameplay balance, since comparing him to other HOTM he’s mediocre.

His strong point is being strong against Nerfuria and Nervela? Well he’s hella late.

I personally dislike the fact that red cleansers are locked behind the paywall, but I didn’t said they don’t exist.

Well then, harmonize that statement with this:

I don’t know whether you’re trolling or just dismissive that your statements are contradicting each other. You said said that reds lack cleansers after my post saying there are 2 and now you acknowledge their existence. But I do get your point that they are not readily and easily accessible like the cleanser in Rigard. Some players still don’t have the costumes for Caedmon and Sonya. It took me the second batch of costume to be introduced before I got Rigard’s costume, the last installment of costume before getting BT’s costume, and I don’t even have the costume of Little John. Well, I don’t expect most of the players to get all the heroes as there is RNG to contend with. As long as the player is summoning either by using gems or using EHTs, coins and keys, there is a chance getting them. But if the player doesn’t summon, of course, the natural course to be expected is that the player will not get a chance of acquiring them.

But red cleansers are there and its not that they can’t be summoned anymore as Zim is still available at the Legends portal coming up every 2 months while Kong is also available at the Teltoc portal every 5 months. As I have said, Reuben would be a welcome addition to most players back then when both Telly and Vela were not nerfed yet as most players need a hero to effectively combat the GTV defense trio. Currently, after the Veluria nerf and the introduction of several heroes effective in combating them like Gefjon, Garnet, etc., Reuben is not that required much, unless the player still lacked the depth and the ideal toys in their roster. Whether Reuben is going to be buffed or not on his release next month, he is still a bonus draw when you summon for the heroes you want in the portal you are summoning. SG may have been avoiding making OP HoTMs to avoid the Telly-Vela-GM incident. Just look at the recently released ones. Reuben may not be different. but at least he is fast and has decent stats.

2 Likes

I strongly believe you are smart enough to understand I was talking about a new and more real chance of having a fire cleanser. So my “disharmonious statement” is just that obvious. Zim and Kong are NOT easy to get. Reuben will be “easier”. Period.

:ghost: Dunno why are you writting books to attack me just because I’m saying we lack some dispell/clean red heroes (just like other 90 players here, nothin’ much). Or is that a lie? Does Kelile, Scarlett, Colen and Gormek does that? No. Neither their costumes, not even one.

That’s all you had to say. Good luck on your pulls & boards xo bye

SG gave us another red cleanse. The problem is that , as far i could test it, the hero is really lackluster. Maybe with emblems we can achieve something like a red Aeron but no.

Im talking about Shale.

And sorry, lets continue talking about Reuben.
Personally, i find him an usefull support red with a nice speed (fast) and some damage (Scarlett style) so, not mind blowing, but still usable.

Cheers

1 Like