🧪 Early information on the December 2020 HOTM (Reuben)

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the December 2020 HOTM, Reuben.

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Reuben Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Attack: 760
Defense: 731
HP: 1310

Element: Fire :fire: (Red)

Class: Cleric
Innate Ability: This Hero has innate resistance against ailments that affect Mana Generation ManaGenDown. Doesn’t apply to status ailments that stop mana generation or steal mana.

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Occult Redemption

• Deals 215% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • All allies get -50% reduction to damage received from status effects for 4 turns.
  • Element Link summons a Fire Minion for all Fire allies with 5% HP and 5% attack inherited from the caster.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

16 Likes

Now this is clearly an Anti-Telly tank hero. He also reduces the DoT made by Vela and GM. I want 3 orders of him please.

17 Likes

Great, 3-damage fast red and the same resist like Anzogh :muscle:

Only status effect? :man_facepalming: :man_shrugging: :sweat_smile:
Well, at least this is okay againts GV (Gravemaker and Vela).

2 Likes

Yes, which basically means DoTs. And it makes sense if he’s meant to be a Telluria counter, given who Telluria is most often paired with :smirk:

Vela, Gravey, Jean, etc.

Sidenote: also includes Hansel and Gretel’s spell slayer effect, I just noted. I’ll have to see if it’s the same for Alfrike and Merlin’s mindless attack.

14 Likes

Why SGG didn’t bring this in July! ?

8 Likes

Too early for people to enjoy what they spent in getting Telly last March, not to mention that even nerfing her, Telluria is still the best tank used by most top players in the leaderboards. Thus, Reuben. Only then starting in December will people start shifting emblems to various heroes and start trying out other tanks.

5 Likes

Quick thought: Telly counter! Another red non-sniper.
Role: partial cleanser?
Innate ability: useful to prevent slower mana generation. Interesting differentiation between mana generation versus no mana generation
Elemental link: I’ve said this for Zulag and Glenda, but this is worse than the 4% heal for 6 turns that Zim has. 10% minion might be too much, but it should be higher than 5%.

Comparison: if you already have Grazul, maybe you don’t need Reuben. Or maybe you can use both and be very protected from status effects.

Do I want Reuben: as f2p I’ll take him. I probably like him similarly to JF. The first 5 HOTMs are the best 5 HOTMs in 2020.

3 Likes

This one definitely looks like the best so far since June

5 Likes

oooooh, I want two :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

So…if I bring a mono red stack to a titan…

I’ll have 10-15 little buggers sucking up my titan seconds? Hm…

Otherwise, looks like a great GTV counter. Enough damage to nuke the lil diddlies and vela/gm/jf/clarrissa all deal half. Nice.

7/10

2 Likes

The question is, will you max a second Reuben (assuming you luckily got more than 1 of him from various portals, i.e. Atlantis, Special and Season Events, Masquerade, Tavern and Valhalla) since most Telly owners will be looking for a better tank due to Reuben’s release? Is a second Reuben worth the mats?

Would that list include Hel & Proteus as well aside from Hansel & Gretel?

And Clarissa, and all the fire ones, and… really, it’s exactly what it says. If the status effect causes damage, then it reduces it.

It’s very much meant to counter the current dot heavy meta. Interesting it’s the same color as Grazul, who does much the same, but in a different way.

1 Like

…He looks useless? Did I miss something? He doesn’t really do damage, and he just cuts DoT by half. Grazul looks far better. Buff please?

Thanks a lot for beta info, btw

2 Likes

Maybe this?

He’s almost like Drake but with the reduction in damage to status effects

3 Likes

Drake does 270% damage. This guy does 215%. That’s even more of a pop gun. I think Drake’s for accuracy down, not damage. Reuben doesn’t do that–He just halves damage over time, which may or may not make a difference, instead of cleansing it like Zimkitha or outright blocking it like Grazul.

2 Likes

I see Reuben as more of a defensive hero you bring along when the entire team has status effect attacks

Drake is probably more versatile I suppose

3 Likes

I could see him being very fast… again, like Grazul.

1 Like

Just as points of comparison

Obviously they have a lot more going for them offensively so I see your point…

2 Likes

Telluria’s-planned-obsolescence incarnate :roll_eyes:

SG’s cycles of blatant manipulation are really starting to stand out more and more

6 Likes