🧪 Early Information on the August 2020 HOTM (Zocc)

Natalya is mmmhh… Just okay
GM is the only HOTM which is good.
Zim is better after GTV combo comes out.
Anzogh is meh…
Grazul is bit better cause of Telluria
JF is another meh…
The next HOTM is another Meh…

The only nice thing about Red Hero HOTM is only Gravemaker for me :sweat_smile:

What happens after the mindless attack? The target’s mana goes back down to 0?

Yup like Merlin and Alfrike, as opposed to Hansel or Gretel who make it go back down half way only

how about making him into a druid instead, to give him som tankiness for him to survive with his average speed

No, I would prefer to emblem the second Hansel.

1 Like

With such low damage, fast mana would be the minimum.

1 Like

The only drawback on Merlin, is his average mana,…it’s likely going to be this HotM’s snag as well, as it is with most average mana snipers.

So, if it must be average, make him hit two; after all Jabberwock hits two at fast speed and applied undispellable dot.

3 Likes

Maybe make him hit 320% damage to one enemy and minor to the others 2. And only effected one with Mindless attack.

3 Likes

Yes

20 characters…

Beta Update

Zocc has returned to Beta, with a few changes:

• Direct damage decreased from 320% to 300%

• Zocc now increases the mana of his target by 50%, effectively making it easier to trigger the Mindless Attack effect

• Zocc’s Special Skill has been renamed from Keyblade Tornado to Keyknife Typhoon

I’ve updated the top post of this thread accordingly.

6 Likes

Neat, but I would hate to see when Cleric’s mana shield comes into play after that change, or Monk’s resist, or any other ‘debuff shield’ like Grazul’s.

Kinda dangerous move there. Too many heroes can resist the debuff now, and this skill will only help them charge.

2 Likes

Agree with @Suicide_Bunny here, because too many Clerics and Monks here.
Also Grazul come.

They really want to make underwhelming HoTM, I think.

1 Like

It is really a debuff though? I think increasing the mana of the target is more like a positive buff to the target. Thus the Mana Shield won’t block it.

Getting lower and lower :joy::joy::rofl::rofl: lol
Make him hit 3 people with other minor damage to the other 2 and effect one would be consider Normal Hero.

The hatter hit like brick with 370% damage and minor to other 2 with same speed as this HOTM (average). And steal all the buff from enemies.

So why not make this HOTM 300% damage and minor to other 2.

1 Like

Mindless attack is treated as debuff

1 Like

I’m not very well versed with all the lingo here. Would you explain it in more basic terms for me?

Thanx :hugs:

And also this one is a bit tricky.
Is it buff to enemies or ailments? Are we gonna have new icon?
Cause if it’s not gone when getting cleanse by enemy, it’s a disaster :sweat_smile::joy: . Leaving enemy with 50% Mana regeneration.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I like this change. If you fill the target’s mana on round 1 of the skill’s effect, you’d need to max the mana from 0 again to make it trigger a second time–and that’s if the effect doesn’t expire before the skill goes off. (I don’t use Merlin much. Hansel’s much better.)

Trying to max the target’s mana again could be risky business. Better leave the target alone after the first mindless attack, especially if it’s slow. Without the 50% mana boost, you have a place to put tiles for a longer amount of time. I prefer that.

This would be nice if the mana generation speed were increased by 50% instead, so you can still decide how much mana to give the target. Or make the effect last 4 rounds instead of 3, though that’s some deeper waters.

1 Like

It’s not a status effect at all, it’s an instant increase in their Mana.

It’s like a Direct Mana Reduction like Chao/Li Xiu/Leonidas/Neith/Guinevere/Lady of the Lake’s Minions/etc., but in reverse.

MANY excellent threads if you use the Search function. Here’s one I know about, since I created it.

1 Like