🧪 Early Information on the August 2020 HOTM (Zocc)

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the August 2020 HOTM, Zocc.

Mostly Useless Information from Beta

Don’t get too attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Zocc Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Attack: 739
Defense: 725
HP: 1351

Class: Rogue
Innate Ability: Resist Water Damage – This Hero has an innate resistance against Water damage.
Element: Nature/Green

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Keyblade Keyknife Tornado Typhoon

• Deals 265% 320% 300% damage to the target.
  • Increases the mana of the target by 50%.
  • The target automatically casts Mindless Attack on a random ally when mana is full during 3 turns.
  • When Mindless Attack status effect is removed, the target deals 170% damage back to the caster.
  • Element Link gives all Nature allies +30% defense against Special Skills for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:bow_and_arrow: @zephyr1’s observation:

NOTE: This part of the Special Skill has now been removed.

To clarify this part of the Special Skill:

It does exactly what the card says: when the Mindless Attack status effect is removed (i.e. ends or is dispelled), the target that Zocc originally hit strikes back at Zocc (the caster).

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

7 Likes

5* Merlin with drawback? Maybe emblemed Hansel is better?

13 Likes

So a 5* Merlin but with 170% dealt back? I’m not sure about this one

7 Likes

Not sure about his/her power. So It ends doing damage to Zocc? Sounds absurd.

4 Likes

Would be better to lower attack and remove damage dealt back I reckon, although the attack isn’t exactly op anyway… would be good to have a 5* Merlin but not with the damage back?

Meh won’t pull for that neither average 5* Hansel? Why bother give it the mates ? :roll_eyes:

with this mindless attack the target won’t cast any status ailments or won’t be able to give buffs, am I correct? I am not familiar with mindless attacks and the effects (besides some damage)

1 Like

The hero affected by mindless attack spends it’s mana to attack a random friendly target, same as Merlin’s special.

Yeah assuming it’s the same at Merlin it’s instead of the special they would have used. Plus mana bar back to 0 (unlike Hansel who is 50%)

I think it works like this:

• Zocc casts special on Telluria.
  • When Telluria’s mana is full, she casts Mindless Attack on a random Ally (say Vela)
  • When Mindless Attack runs out, Vela hits Telluria for 170% damage
5 Likes

Lol, that would be insane funny to play

2 Likes

Good point, it does say caster and the original target" casted" the mindless attack? Not clear from description…

lol I hope that’s how it works… perhaps one of the beta testers can enlighten us

Wtf…!!!
3 times in a row trash HOTM?? :see_no_evil:

170% back to ourselves when the mindless attack got cleanse…
Yet he is average and only tickle like 260% damage…

Merlin is way better than this sh**

14 Likes

170% drawback its crazy… If you use Beastboy with Sora’s sword against Titan its suicide after 3 turns

But I thought caster means main one if I’m not wrong which is HOTM

So what happens if I trigger a riposte before target hits caster?

Riposte

10 Likes

I’m not in beta and the wording is strange, but I believe the 170% damage back to caster is meant to be dealt back to the mindless attacker from it’s allies after it’s mindless attacker status wears off. A hope anyway to make this hotm not poo

If it like that then this will be nerfed sometimes

1 Like

the caster referred is probably the dispelling hero, otherwise silly…