šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the August 2019 HOTM (Miki)

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the August HOTM.

Click for Possibly Useless Information (might change)

Donā€™t get too attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, donā€™t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

Itā€™s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldnā€™t get too attached to any of this ā€” itā€™s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Miki Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 737 712
Defense: 778
HP: 1215 1275

Class: Barbarian
Resist: Special Blocking ā€“ The Hero has an innate ability to resist status ailments that Block Special Skills.
Element: Ice/Blue

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Wrath of Tundra

• All allies get +110% +130% normal attack that only applies when the enemy has more health HP than the attacker. Stacks with similar status effects up to a maximum +160%+170% normal attack. Effect lasts for 4 5 turns.
  • The target and nearby enemies get silenced for 4 turns.
  • Element Link gives +4% mana generation for all Ice allies for 4 turns. This effect canā€™t be dispelled.

Artwork

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

9 Likes

Having his HP raised (even a little) will counter back on his skill, i know its currently consider low, but I believe his HP should get lower and raise the defense
This way his skill will have a much higher chance to be activated at least for him

1 Like

His Defense is already fairly high, so the buff of his HP is sort of a necessity for increasing survivability somewhat, especially at Slow mana.

Miki is clearly most strongly geared toward Titans, whose HP will always be higher. And in that context, he really needs to be able to surviveā€¦and thatā€™s been a challenge with his stats so far, even with a high defense.

The HP relationship for his buff is clearly meant to balance his usefulness in Raids/War, and fits in with the theme of buffs on Margaret, Ranvir, and Ursena that similarly are based on comparative measures of the attacker and target.

5 Likes

Increasing attack and the ability to silence is mint. I think Miki has a ton of potential and maybe to much as his special could be devastating.

1 Like

Agree with this, 4 turn silence on 3 heroes seems really aggressive. Heā€™s an interesting hero for sure.

4 Likes

Four turn silence on three is big.

Slow hero that may or may not give you an attack buff. Titans sure, raidingā€¦not so clear. Slow mana so chances are the enemy has been hurt by the time Miki is primed to fire. Miki silences two or three enemies depending on success to that point. Possible attack buffā€¦if youā€™ve been having a tough time you get a big bump, doing wellā€¦damp squib.

Early days but if I am understanding it correctly it feels like a low priority character.

Low priority, really? As he sits right now, everyone that doesnā€™t have tarlak should want him and everyone that has tarlak that wants additional damage on red titans should want himā€¦ for the cost of 2 more tiles (or a small mana pot) you get 10% more damage then Tarlak and a 4 turn silence on the titan all in a much easier to get heroā€¦ mind you, you lose the small heal, butā€¦ I think heā€™s very desirableā€¦ and if he stays the same, will be an event kingā€¦ time will tell though.

Also Iā€™d just like to get this out there as I canā€™t stop it when I see his name: ā€œOh Miki you so fine, you so fine you blow my mind!ā€ (hey Miki). Sorry.

14 Likes

On top of that, being able to prevent specials from rare titans is also huge. Will be a true stud against the infamous red tiger.

3 Likes

How do yā€™all already know about HotMs this far in advanced?

1 Like

The HOTM through August are in Beta testing.

I listed everything in testing in the main thread: šŸ§Ŗ The Beta Beat (v21) [NOW RELEASED] ā€“ Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta (an experiment)

3 Likes

Fair the silencing of the titan is very helpful. Perhaps I am undervaluing it. Good news is that we have plenty of time until August.

1 Like

I want them to up his mana speed to average so bad. Heā€™d be so much better than he is now. Iā€™ll even take it if he only buffs himself and nearby allies.

1 Like

4 turns of silence is crazy. Hel/Proteus mana blocking lasts for 3 turns (avh mana though) and theyā€™re game changers.

1 Like

They also deal damage where Miki does not and both his effects can be cleansed or dispelled.

Hel/Proteus effect can be dispelled if dispeller had charged mana before they applied the effect.
Mikiā€™s effect can be dispelled if he didnā€™t silence the dispeller.

2 Likes

Hel does direct damage alsoā€¦ so the only way to recover that damage is with a healer. True you can cure Proteusā€™ poison, but youā€™ll usually take at least one hit from it. But if the issue is 4 turns, Miki, 3 turns Hel and Proteus, make Miki 3 turns and average mana speed.

My concern with a potential change to a 3 turn Silence is that a 3 turn Attack Buff would be fairly paltry.

Addressing that by potentially mismatching the durations of the two effects seems sort of confusing to me, though itā€™s certainly a possibility.

I liked that the long Silence was distinctive, and would personally prefer to see Mikiā€™s survivability increased to make him more usable at Slow than to speed him up and shorten the duration of his effects.

3 Likes

For me personally it looks more ā€˜ā€˜appetibileā€™ā€™ than Ranvir, at least from the little we know [plus August is far away and a lot of things can change in beta]. The silence is a big plus especially for titans. I hate slow manas but at least on titans you can fill him with mana potions. With Kiril and Aegir you have 140% attack and youā€™re basically immortal if you manage to turn them on. Add Grimm to the equation and red titans are in trouble.
I do prefer him slow with 4 or 5 turns than average with 3 turns.

1 Like

Is Miki like Tarlak or does his attack boost apply also for speacial attacks?

Iā€™m not in beta, so take this with a grain of salt, but the special description uses the same language as Tarlakā€™s in saying ā€œnormal attack,ā€ so I would assume he is like Tarlak in that the boost doesnā€™t apply to specials.

1 Like