šŸ§Ŗ Early information on the April 2022 HOTM -- Silvaria

So, what is she, Telluriaā€™s cousin?
I love the name, like the passive ability, the special seems a bit ā€œlimitedā€ for an average hero. She would nontheless be better than all the 5* green i have

3 Likes

The Good:

1. Summons the strongest minion in the game as a Passive when suffering Burn attacks. Gravie fires at Very Fast, HotM will benefit and be more survivable.
  2. Applies the Defense Down first! So that 300% ends up having more impact.
  3. Elemental Link
  4. Canā€™t have her minion/s removed

The Bad:

1. Average speed. Not the end of the world butā€¦
  2. Minions summoned as Special are weak, especially at Average speed
  3. Damage is only against one target andā€¦
  4. Even with Defense Down applied first, damage is quite low for someone firing at Average speed

Honestly this would be a pretty solid hero at Fast Speed, but at Average you really need to beef up either:

a. Beef up the health and damage of the minions to 20% each
    b. Have her direct damage and defense down apply to target and nearby (e.g., 
       -34 Defense to target and nearby + 300% damage to target and minor damage 
        to nearby)
    c. Keep the defense down and damage to target the same, but increase the 
        damage to something more like a proper sniper, say 400% to 450%

Outside of Silvariaā€™s passives and better stats, Thoth-Amun of all heroes actually looks better in comparison.

4 Likes

But the word ā€˜Floraā€™ defines a group of plants of a certain region, not the flowers.

At least in spanish we use the terminology ā€œflora y faunaā€ when speaking about the ā€˜plants and animalsā€™ of an area.

1 Like

That is true, the same in Romanian. But originally, for Romans, Flora was the goddess of flowers.

I openly admit that there are probably heroes I am forgetting, but I can only think of Frigg, cBrienne and Buddy that lower regular defense in green. I donā€™t have Frigg, so I use Buddy or c Brienne vs blue titans ( depending on my mood) :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Can anyone help me out with which heroes Iā€™m forgetting?

Phileas Fogg for example:

• The target gets -58% defence against Nature for 4 turns.
1 Like

But thatā€™s nature def not regular. Need both for big titan scoresā€¦

1 Like

Marcel, Dolgoon comes to my mind first, also costume Isshtak

4 Likes

Or the upcoming hero called Guan Yu in War of the Three Kingdoms.

3 Likes

Thanks, I had no idea what either of those guys did lol

Thanks! He looks quite good :open_mouth:

I wonder if Guan Yu will be available before Silvariaā€¦

i doubt it. Depends on how weel recieved 3 Kingdoms War is. They may need a couple more beta tests before releasing it.

1 Like

Low damage is partially offset by that defense decrease first. Of course this also means you canā€™t use him efficiently with heroes inflicting stronger removable defense down (Isarnia, C-Viv) but otherwise not bad. The summons from Special Skill are weak and innate skill is kinda situational, but it does make him more viable against GM.

i said this in the Iris preview thread: i donā€™t understand why this hero is so timidly constructed.

iā€™m glad that Iris got buffed over what was originally in beta, and while i think Iris is pretty underrated at the moment, i can understand why people are still underwhelmed even with Irisā€™s buffs upon release compared to beta.

i LOVE the concept. AFAIK, dispel-first is the only real special effect thatā€™s been released in a hero before, so itā€™s awesome to see a hero expand on that kind of concept with Silvaria applying defense down before dealing damage.

but why such a weak hit? even 350% for a sniper still wouldnā€™t be overpowered, especially compared to other snipers. or maybe turn Silvaria from a sniper to a hit-three, apply defense down to all three first, then 260% and minor to nearbys. or if youā€™re going to keep the hit at 300% (for average speed!!!), why not make the defense down ailment uncleansable?

and why such a weak minion that does nothing except exist? why not beef up the the minion summoned by special skill with another ability like casting attack down or poison or something on each minion hit?

recent HotM just seem out of line compared to other hero options, even recent HotM. who was the last HotM sniperā€“Uraeus? that was a near-500% snipe at average speed with additional damage effects if minions (and later, fiends) were present. Silvaria just seems so timid.

there should be some sliding scale across a lot of different aspects of hero skills: passives, resistances, stats, class, special skill damage/ healing, special skill ailments/ buffs, number of special skill actions, mana speedā€“all of these things can be calibrated to make sure heroes arenā€™t overpowered but also not underwhelming either. i do think defense down and mana generation ailments are things SG should be careful about, but even then, i still think the execution of this HotM as currently constituted is still really timid.

1 Like

Name a good Green HOTM after Teluria. None.
They are either really bad or mediocre.
Same goes for this one. And please dont tell me about Elradir. Niche niche and niche again. With the great Babar or whatever his name was to be the top of the worst.
This one has some potential but thats where he will stay.
A ā€œcould have been good HOTMā€.

2 Likes

Underpowered hero in general.

Has some use for titans (instead of Frigg or those who dont have her), but the score increase is marginal if not less, since minions take time)

Other role is a niche versus burners, so it has some use on pvp raidsā€¦

Not impressed by anythingā€¦

2 Likes

The worst part of them trying to release mediocre hotm in 2022 is the fact that they just buffed Emilio and Zuri who are alone stronger than any hotm since 2017.

Give us a break of mediocre hotm just because theyā€™re cheaper. Theyā€™re going to be obsolete in 2 weeks anyway because you keep spamming new heroes, why care. Plus you wonā€™t ever buff or adjust them anyway. Just release a bit stronger for QOL hotm once in a while, specially greens who have been trash. If Faline, Octros, Morel and Emilio didnā€™t broke game balance, a better version of this cheap a** Frigg wonā€™t.

1 Like

Beta update:

• Increased debuff range: -34% defense to the target ā†’ the target and nearby enemies
  • Increased direct damage to the target: 300% ā†’ 350%
18 Likes

Thatā€™s nice. Still not a top Hero but looks solid.

1 Like

Thankfully it only happens in beta. Once itā€™s released youā€™re safeā€¦ Oh waitā€¦

Nice hero imo, green 5* defense down heroes are badly needed. Itā€™d be nice if she was fast speed, but I guess summoning minions for all allies justifies average speed. And the defense down happens before dealing damage, so the hit might not be as weak as it seems.