šŸ§Ŗ Early information on the April 2021 HOTM Frosth

Bertila

20 characters

1 Like

Beta Update

Small update mid Beta V35.5

Frosth skill which boosts minion effects increased from 20% ā†’ 30%

13 Likes

Catching up on my reading about this guy now that it is closer to release. Iā€™d ignored him a bit previously as I have few summoners.

Hope Iā€™m reading this right. If I pair him with my LotL her minions will get an additional 30% health? Thatā€™s really nice if correct. Think I may need this one

1 Like

Another Frosth update that moves him in the right direction!
13% hp with 30% boost is 16.9%
16% attack with 30% boost is 20.8%

I wish they just made it a straight 5% buff to the existing minion. So if a minion is 10% health and attack it would become 15%.

Still nothing to be too excited about. His best feature is a small mana elemental link at fast mana speed.

I think Frosthā€™s slight buff implies to me that the developers donā€™t grasp yet how woefully underpowered this guy is. Iā€™m gonna copy here what I put in the beta chat:

I went down the list of all the 78 3* heroes and their skills. I believe 53% of the 3* special skills (including all the 3* healers and snipers) would make a more powerful 5* hero than Frosth. Frosthā€™s skill is better than 32% of theirs. Those that remain were a toss-up for me.

3* heroes whose skills surpass Frosth in my book:
Azar, Hawkmoon, Nashgar, Namahage, Rudolph, Bauchan, Ei-Dunn, C. Azar, C. Hawkmoon, Valen, Gato, Vodnik, Nordri, Jarvur, Frosty, C. Valen, Belith, Berden, Brienne, Hisan, Mnesseus, Muggy, Shrubbear, By-Ulf, Grevle, C. Brienne, C. Berden, C. Belith, C. Friar Tuck, C. Isshtak, Bane, Pixie, Kvasir, Agnes, C. Bane, Balthazar, Tyrum, Bjorn, C. Tyrum, C. Renfeld, C. Balthazar

3* heroes beaten by Frosth:
Jahangir, C. Jahangir, Graymane, Gunnar, C. Gunnar, Ulmer, Chick Jr., C. Graymane, C. Ulmer, Friar Tuck, Dawa, Kailani, Arman, C. Kailani, C. Dawa, Renfeld, Oberon, Prisca, Vlad, Guardian Bat, An-Windr, Jack, C. Prisca, C. Oberon, Sudri

And where Iā€™m still on the fence:
Karil, C. Karil, Carver, Isshtak, Gan Ju, C. Gan Ju, Melia, Chochin, Gill-Ra, Squire Wabbit

I spent the time to go down the entire list, and yes, I do believe most 3* skills (no exaggeration) are better than Frosthā€™s. I counted

Edit: OH LOOK! I rated Kvasir higher than Frosth! Letā€™s make THIS comparison:

Bee Bravado
Mana Speed: Fast

Summons a Bee Minion for each ally. The Bee Minion inherits 15% HP and 17% attack from the caster.

Each hit from a Bee Minion gives the target the following status ailments:
-The target receives 32 Poison damage over 2 turns.
-The target canā€™t receive new Minions for 4 turns.

Kvasirā€™s minions start out bigger than Frosthā€™s. Which would you rather have, a hard minion blocker or someone who might amount to 4* power if serendipitously matched with the gameā€™s best summoners? Iā€™d pick Kvasir. Heā€™s very useful when his moments come

3 Likes

Frosth?

When did Jack get a lisp?

2 Likes

After Kvasirā€™s bees stung his face and showed him whoā€™s boss

2 Likes

Honestly they should just focus all on the health boost, the attack boost is just insignificant at this point and heā€™s going to be compared to Freya, as a way inferior version of her. Have him be the health boost version of Freya instead. Drop the attack, give him 40%-50% health boost. Also this would make him be the minion maker that heals minions

I shall stand with this comment I made some time ago, please just make him summon minions for three. He would genuinely be a lot better at this point. His minions do not fight for other minion space with other summoners faraway from him and they at least get some boost from his skill

Iā€™d like Frosth in my blue stack with Glenda I think. I have a pile of scopes and nothing really to throw them at so sheā€™s welcome in my team.

2 Likes

With this current revelation of how frosth works, I will be using my scopes on Glenda instead

Olā€™ Lispā€™s minions will be larger than Bee Guy at onset:

Fro: 1349 * 13% = 175 hp
Bee: 915 * 15% = 137 hp

Where Fro gets interesting is multiple firings of its special. Normally you donā€™t use a SS that many times a match but the 30% additional health isnā€™t anything to shake your fist at either.

Fro minion: 175 * 30% = 227 hp

Multiple firings of Fro comparing minion health:

• 175 hp
  • 227 hp
  • 295 hp
  • 383 hp

There is a bit of dot from the minions as well, in addition to the meat shield/pseudo heal effect.

Fro minion: 776 * 16% = 124 attack

Multiple firings of Froā€™s special comparing attack stat of minions:

• 161 (after a second special skill is fired)
  • 210 (after 3)
  • 272 (4 SSā€™s activated)

I believe the design is all about that cumulative effect of multiple specials popping off. I also think this HOTM is much better than credit is being giving. Itā€™s hardly likely 4 specials go off, but fast speed and balanced stats might help that. S/heā€™ll be hard to kill with those growing mini heals, self cleanse on minion death and rouge class-even if those minions get bolstered once. I predict this HOTM will be very pesky. Probably not top tier but very serviceable and a lot of fun. Like every minion creator, there are plenty of counters and weā€™ll have to see how things shake out.

3 Likes

I mean Iā€™d prefer the special skill of Kvasir, but I wouldnā€™t actually walk into battle with any 3* instead of Frosth because of the base stat difference. I believe Kvasirā€™s skill, if matched with the stats of a 5*, would make a better hero than Frosth. Same with the skills of Valen and many othersā€“I believe if their skills were placed on the stats of a five star hero, they would be more useful than Frosth.

(Actually, Kvasirā€™s a really good one. I have one at grade 19, using him as a 3 star over Frosth might not always be such a bad idea against other summoners.)

I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to reach 383 HP on a Frosth minion. That old minion #4 would be replaced by the newest one, and Frosth would start replacing his buffed minions with newer shrimpy ones before they can get huge. I also wouldnā€™t expect minions on defense to live long enough for noteworthy buffs unless theyā€™re on the wings. If you get fought down to just your wings left, I think itā€™s unlikely the minions will save your day.

On offense, I could see Frosthā€™s minions sometimes reaching 295 HP especially if you match him with a taunter. But taunters are rare, and I donā€™t have one (unless you count Shrubbear, but as I was saying earlier, he still only has 3* stats and I wouldnā€™t want to bring him for that reason alone).

In contrast to Frosth, I calculate an unemblemed Freya would summon 267 HP minions without any such difficult prep buffs required. These would survive much better than Frosthā€™s uber-buffed 295 HP minions, since Freya also offers a defense boost. The +120% attack boost that her ravens give to other minions is also enough to make Frosthā€™s attack boost look like a single fruit snack in a donut store.

And having given that comparison with Freyaā€™s +120% minion attack boost, I still usually forget that part. I have never used Freya, but I still have in my mind that minion damage is trivial and forgettable. I speak from lack of experience, but I still have no faith that Frosth boosting minion damage will turn many tides even if it gets ramped up to +50% per cast.

Now if Frosth were made into a Very Fast hero, he would become much more interesting for me. Very fast minions sound like fun to me, and it would make his cumulative boosts much more likely to actually happen. Right now, he looks like someone who just might finish getting a revolver ready by the time his assault rifle buddies have already cleared the area.

You said Bee Guy would have a bigger minion, I was just pointing out that he wouldnā€™t.

The rest of my post was just me riffing on that and not directed at you-just my analysis.

Great point about 3 boosts to a minion, I completely forgot the oldest would get the boot!

I by no means saying compare Froā€™s best case scenario to another 5 star minion maker. Itā€™s very unlikely sheā€™ll boost the minions even twice.

1 Like

I never thought anything you said was offensive or personal or anything. Sorry I came across thorny. Please keep going, I appreciate responses to set my analysis straight. Iā€™m really trying to get those, and theyā€™re hard to find. :wink:

What I meant by all the ā€œif the the 3* had 5* statsā€ stuff was if Kvasir had Frosthā€™s 776 ATK and 1349 HP, then Kvasirā€™s bees would be bigger. 15% HP vs. 13%. Iā€™d rather have Kvasirā€™s skill with Frosthā€™s stats over Frosth. I couldā€™ve been more concise

1 Like

Na, you didnā€™t at all. Weā€™re good. You know how the internet can be sometimes. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Here are some suggestions to make Frosth a ā€œcoolerā€ hero.

1. Make him very fast speed and lower the minion stats and buffs to not make him too powerful. It would be cool if he is the only very fast minion generator in the game.
  2. The frost minions should do some DOT frostbite damage (or it would fail the name of the character) should do more damage to red heroes for thematic purposes. This would be similar to Bera but make it less damage as I think Bera is too strong.

Right now this hero is too weak as needs to rely on another minion hero to be effective. You compare his special with S1 snipers who are also fast speed and it is significantly weaker and compare it to Bera and Freya who are also fast but does very little in comparison. If no change to Frosth this will be another Noor and useless hero nobody will fully ascend.

3 Likes

Yes, it is, because 5* with Kvasirā€™s skill is Bera.

9 Likes

He will be good in attack with Krampus and big slow bang like C.Isarnia, because of minions and element link.

Am I the only one who is bored and tired of minions?
Health boost, sure ok, but minions just make games be very slow especially on fast heroes. You are constantly having to kill the minions and wait for the minions to attack you. it slows gameplay so much and itā€™s just a huge bore.

10 Likes