šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the April 2020 HOTM (Malosi)

This is my thoughts on him:

2 Likes

My holy heroes are a complete mess, it honestly canā€™t get any worse. Funny how not getting Drake just made one element almost useless for me.

Iā€™m going to max Malosi instead of Costume Joon, dupe Poseiden or Musashi.

Very fast gives him a better chance to charge up before the tank and neuter it. He may still be useful in the rest of the match to protect your heores from another game changing hero. I would take him affect 1 at v.fast more than affect 3 at fast. I would prefer him to hit 3 though instead of just one, but oh wellā€¦

3 Likes

Sounds like my husband!:joy:

1 Like

What doesnā€™t it means by second note ?

@zephyr1 before alfrike and malosi release i have some questions i have no clue about the answer to. Malosi causes The target to not cast any new status effects for 3 turns. So when referencing alfrike she does 3 things. Launches 5 random dark cubes. Cubes cause targets to have reduced max hp, take on damage, and cause a mindless attack which drains your mana.

So which of these are considered status effects and would be blocked by malosi? Mindless attack? What is that? Reduce max hp? Again what is that? That sounds like a status effect as well. However devs always make their own rules so can you clarify if malosi is already poised to be the alfrike murderer since his mana is very fast?

What if the one who cast status effect is not Alfrike but the cubes so it bypass Malosiā€™s ailment?

Malosi only blocks the mindless attack.

The Max HP increase or reduction is not considered a status effect & cannot be cleansed, removed or whateverā€¦ Only way of countering HP REDUCTION is with a HP BOOST hero (Heimdall & Baldur - Baldur still in Beta). Countering HP INCRESASE is simply done by chipping away at it via damage.

2 Likes

Gotta admit though it is a weird way to go about it

Considering anything done to the other 2 stats is a buff or a debuff

Would think ā€œbuffingā€ health would have been included to fit original design

But it doesnā€™t so pretty irrelevant statement

1 Like

Personally I dont see either as an ailment. But ive had the specials defined for me in the past in ways i still dont understand. I hope your right cuz the hp reduction is huge. And i do agree with you on this one. Just not sure how the developers see it. My last question is thisā€¦ when determining 50% of hp for kage, fenrir and ursena etc do we go off max hp or reduced hp???

Iā€™ve argued this point a heap in Beta threads :stuck_out_tongue:

I standby that the Health Reduction should be a status effect & hence be cleanseableā€¦ Would essentially need 2x special casts to completely reverse the reduction due to order of effects.
Turn 1 = heal to the cap & cleanse the reduction effect
Turn 2 = heal beyond the reduction cap.

Definitely am; weā€™ve tested this many times :frowning: HP reduction & boost are not status effects.

Not sureā€¦ I can ask some of the other beta testers & get back to you

@Tpenn!!

I have an answer for you!!

Beta testing indicates that the 50% skills (Kageburado, Ursena, Fenrir) are determined based on the heroes NORMAL HP.

Repeat the 50% does NOT change based on HP reduction (Alfrike or Fura) or HP Boost (Heimdall or Baldur)

2 Likes

8 Likes

So just thinking of some heroes that Malosi will be really good at right off the top of my head. Will counter Wilbur very well, Proteus, Ares, Heimdall, Telluria, really the list goes on and on and includes a lot of heroes lately. Also will counter HoTs. When you think about it, countering HoTs is a big deal.

The thing when play testing Malosi in beta was at fast mana and him blocking 3 I felt I never got him off in time, and now at v. fast mana and only hitting one I felt like choosing between Clarissa, Telly, or GM wasnā€™t an option at all because 2 out 3 would still fire.

I love Malosi, it just makes your decisions more situational based.

1 Like

Hmm ive been keeping tabs on malosi but he at first looked like a holy hero i could just miss out on but right now i have Vela, JF, Telluria, Rana, Kage that ik have been leveling for my fourth team and if Malosi stays very fast I wonder if Rana should be demoted to my 5th team?

I think it does not ā€œcounterā€ hots, just delays them. So mana remains, spell remains, but cannot be cast.

Is it just me or is april hotm super weak for a 5 star , doesnt hit to hard and no special extras and yes fast mana but hits only 1 target with 370 percent at around 740 so not impressed. Explain to me if hes better than what he looks

1 Like

He is a blocker (blocks buffs), not a killer. What the heck all people think all heroes need to be killers?
Thatā€™s why there is so much hate for Khagan. He is no killer, too. Heā€™s a buffer (+24% mana) and almost on every of my event and map teams.
If you want a yellow killer that is Joonā€™s part.
Leonidas is no killer either, he is a blocker too. Leonidays delays specials up for about 3 rounds in raids and war attacks depending on the mana speed of the target.

Malosis purpose is NOT to kill targets but to weaken their specials.

4 Likes

Think issue with khagan is his mana speed conflicting with his utility

Typically buffs defense and mana after match is already won or lost

But thatā€™s just my opinion

Agree malosi is utility and not a killer

Heā€™s kinda like yellow version of grazul but not as good. Should be decent though.

5 Likes