šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the April 2020 HOTM (Malosi)

Is this a buff? I mean, itā€™s pretty cool vs titans but sad to see his very unique cleanse / dispel (preemptively) idea go away and makes him, to meā€¦ a lot less versatile.

11 Likes

Weird. So slash attack and special skill damage drops to zero from the afflicted hero for 3 turns. What about if their special skill has some DoT component? Does that also become zero?

Also, does it still count as an ailment? Let me craft an example to be as clear as possible. Malosi fires his special skill and hits Victor. Victor then fires his special skill and hits Malosi. Malosi gets 0 initial damage. Does Malosi now have NO DoT ailment? Or (and I feel this is more likely) is it that Malsoi has an ailment, receiving 0 damage over five turns. This probably doesnā€™t matter a ton, but there are two cases where I can see it being relevant:

1. For a hero like Snow White, who counts up the ailments and buffs sheā€™s removing to determine her damage percentage.
  2. If Victor fires and hits Malosi again four turns later (thus after the effects from Malosiā€™s special have worn off), the DoT should now increase by 300 meaning 300 over 5 turns (rather than being 225 over 5 as it would be hitting a hero without the Victorā€™s ailment).
6 Likes

It wonā€™t effect dot, I can pretty much guarantee that. Itā€™s a straight forward attack down like any other.

2 Likes

Good. My Boss Wolf likes this lol, maybe so does anyone who owns the Marble Grim family.

I thought they planned to create a counter for recent heroes that produce multiple detrimental buffs.

Really donā€™t mind that though, but for me, preventing the target from either cleansing or buffing is sufficient, both was quite too much especially when it happens to the tank.

1 Like

I have a feeling this is opposite to Back Knightā€™s special. Maybe all damage caused by the target is reduced to 1. We havenā€™t seen anything with ā€˜0ā€™ value.

No, itā€™s not a damage reduction. Itā€™s an attack drop.

Just like Zeline or Scarlettā€™s. But at -100% reduced. It only affects the total attack, the total damage has much more variables that have been documented here: Damage Calculation (and thereā€™s probably more variables that weā€™re not even aware of)

I tested it on an 8* titan, their slash attacks normally deal 400ish to my heroes. Under Malosiā€™s attack drop though, their strikes deal 200ish damage instead.

5 Likes

The total change in direction for his special attack felt pretty odd to me. I left feedback on that.

But I do believe this is a buff, he wonā€™t block status effects now but he makes any damage hit close to a goose-egg.

4 Likes

100% reduction implies 0 resulting final atk start, but o doubt this is the case. Does this act more like a lot of mmoā€™s where 100% written decrease is really ~50% decrease in actuality?

3 Likes

Correct, that is not the case. Itā€™s written as -100% attack drop, not as a -100% damage reduction (the game is very specific too when itā€™s a reduction ā€“ i.e. see G. Gazelle, upcoming S3 hero Sif)

Yes, it actually is like that in E&P.

2 Likes

Can you ask for him to be nerfed back to his original state please? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I canā€™t help but feel like this is still not quite up to snuff, though itā€™s definitely better than it was (unless they wanted to try the original at VFast). Alice and King are still better, but live in the same basic lane. His damage reduction is a nice bit of utility but killing the enemy should still be Plan A. If maintaining some of that utility just in case you cannot finish them off is a priority, better to distribute damage vs utility more like them than Malosi.

1 Like

I am not sure whether this is intended as buff or nerfā€¦ :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

The change feels underwhelming in beta. Sure he reduces the damage an enemy can do, but now he really is just a one hit, not that strong punch like in game.

He doesnā€™t feel threatening and at 370% he isnā€™t quite a sniper, nor a decent flank. Iā€™m finding it hard to see why I should choose him in comparison to any other damage dealing 5*.

3 Likes

Yup, make him a hit 3 with drakeish damage and a 2 turn duration

I did relay my confusion regarding the change in direction with his special. They really did a full 180 here ā€“ before it was a unique concept, a hero that block status effects from enemy skills. But now he is totally different from that ā€“ he now basically disables one target from doing much physical harm with a skill, but they can still cast their status effectsā€¦

Part of me is actually wondering if they made a mistake, and meant to release him back in Beta with both a -100% attack drop and a status block effectā€¦ will just have to wait and see.

7 Likes

I hope, because change just feels terrible.

2 Likes

Tell them to leave his speed and meager damage alone but make him dispel target + nearby and cleanse all. Then they can have all the monies.

2 Likes

Iā€™m only half-kidding. I genuinely think thatā€™d be great design and not OP. It provides all of the utility yellow needs in one place, but since it is all part of the same special unless the stars align perfectly itā€™ll force tough timing decisions. Do I fire it now for the cleanse, or wait two turns until the opponent buff goes off so I can dispel it? Do I use it now to finish the opponent off, but then risk facing their status effects with no cleanse? He would be the primary utility of Sesh and Zim rolled into one, but none of their secondary effects, and more of a jack-of-all-trades situation.

Soā€¦ SG just neutered another one? Malosi was much better before in his original incarnation. Please SG, just put him back.

6 Likes

Before it was bad, now it is worseā€¦

Nerfing bad hero :man_shrugging:

2 Likes