🧪 Early Information on Superior Talents for Season 1 heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v51]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the initial release of the Superior Talents.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Superior Talents

When a Season 1 heroes and costumes receive his/her 20th Talent node, then that hero gets the Superior Talent instead of the regular class specific talents.

I have highlighted with green the changes in the new Superior Talents compared to regular ones.

Class Regular Talent with full potentional Season 1 Superior Talents
Barbarian Wound
+30% chance to apply bleeding from any normal attack. This effect deals 60% of the damage done by the normal attack over 5 turns. This effect stacks with similar effects.
Superior Wound
+50% chance to apply bleeding from any normal attack. This effect deals 60% of the damage done by the normal attack over 5 turns. This effect stacks with similar effects.
If this effect is triggered, this hero get +30% attack for 3 turns.
Cleric Manashield
+35% chance to resist any negative mana status effects or effects that prevent use of Special Skill.
Superior Manashield
+60% chance to resist any negative mana status effects or effects that prevent use of Special Skill.
If this effect is triggered, the negative effects are reflected back to the caster.
Druid Companion
+15% chance to summon a Thorn Minion after receiving any damage. This effect is applied at the end of the turn.

Thorn Minion HP: 15%
Superior Companion
+45% chance to summon an Enpowered Thorn Minion after receiving any damage. This effect is applied at the end of the turn.

Enpowered Thorn Minion HP: 25%
Fighter Revive
+30% chance to revive with 1 HP after a fatal attack. The revive is applied at the end of the turn.
Superior Revive
+35% chance to revive with 1 HP and 50% additional mana after a fatal attack. The revive is applied at the end of the turn.
Monk Withstand
+30% chance to resist negative status effects.
Superior Withstand
+50% chance to resist negative status effects.
If this effect is triggered, this hero attacks the caster with 100% damage.
Paladin Protect
+25% chance to get +25% defense for 2 turns after receiving any damage. The effect is applied at the end of the turn.
Superior Protect
+50% chance to get +25% defense for 2 turns after receiving any damage.
If this effect is triggered, this hero and nearby alliies recover 10% health.
The effects are applied at the end of the turn.
Ranger Pierce
+25% chance to bypass defensive buffs when attacking. This includes counterattacks.
Superior Pierce
+60% chance to bypass defensive buffs when attacking. This includes counterattacks.
If this effect is triggered, the enemy receives 168 bleed damage over 3 turns.
Rogue Evade
+20% chance to dodge direct damage from offensive Special Skills.
Superior Evade
+30% chance to dodge direct damage from offensive Special Skills.
If this effect is triggered, this hero and nearby allies get +15% chance to dodge special skills for 3 turns.
Sorcerer Delay
+15% chance to drop the mana generation of the enemy by -50% for 2 turns after dealing damage. This effect is applied at the end of the turn.
Superior Delay
+60% chance to drop the mana generation of the enemy by -50% for 2 turns after dealing damage. This effect is applied at the end of the turn.
Wizard Jinx
+25% chance to deal +15% extra damage per each active buff the enemies have. The extra damage applies to both normal attacks and Special Skills.
Superior Jinx
+50% chance to deal +15% extra damage per each active buff the enemies have. The extra damage applies to both normal attacks and Special Skills.
Dispels all active buffs from hit enemies after the damage is dealt.

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• Sep 01, 2022 – added for first look testing.

:link: Related Threads

37 Likes

Thanks as always @PlayForFun for your hard work putting all this together.

Making S1 heros more relevant in today’s meta… Superior Talents Hmm :thinking:

11 Likes

Now this is a useful feature for f2p/c2p (unlike that family bonus). Kudlos to SGG for this one, its a solution we didnt ask for and better than the family bonus that was asked for years.

9 Likes

Yes, these are more useful, then the Classic family bonus.

7 Likes

Now we’re freaking talking! Laugh at my Thorne +c20 again, will you? :laughing:

4 Likes

Wow. This sounds really useful. Is there any testing yet as to whether it affects an S1 costume or just the vanilla S1?

1 Like

These are affecting all rarities and all costumes for Season 1 heroes.

9 Likes

All of these are nice updates to season 1 heroes. Given how far they are behind other heroes (generally), these help add value to them.

Since season 1 heroes are generally not used in defenses, this also helps give an advantage to the attack and not the defense.

FYI they affect all rarities, even 2 stars. They also affect costumes.

However

If classic heroes get this bonus, how long until season 2 or event heroes get the bonus? This is a good temp buff. But I expect to see season 2 to get the buff within 6 months.

Costumes also get the bonus. C.Kad and C.Marj are arguably the two best costumes. Maybe they aren’t top heroes anymore, but this helps move them in that direction. But, now we’re giving classic heroes a second costume. Are superior talents too much in addition? Or should we just view them as similar to how season 5 heroes have passives?

This will have big effects on tournaments. You still see plenty of classic heroes on defense in Epic tournaments. C.Kiril now has a 60% chance to decrease mana? BT now revives with mana. C.Tibs now can heal.
These tournaments won’t be the same. The bug category and RNG complaints will blow up.

29 Likes

This is my concern about it too :frowning:

9 Likes

It will spread to others just like costumes.

4 Likes

Wow, my maxed C Lianna an C Azlar will really benefit from this!

6 Likes

Questions on Jinx, there is no IF, does this mean costume Kiril is also a dispel all hero?

1 Like

This is a relatively minor thing, but can we find out if the S1s appearing as bosses in class quests, costume quest, and (apparently) contest of elements will manifest these superior talents? 'Cause I could foresee some expensive phone damage from a few of these triggering one too many times! :money_mouth_face:

6 Likes

The thought of that alone is extremely beneficial. Especially when I use him against Krampus.

C-Vivica with both c-bonuses and Superior Mana node … Not really someone I want to fight. :rofl:

1 Like

I’m wrong on this base is wizard, costume is sorc. Base buffs so does nothing to the enemies.

But can add a dispel to say isarnia, sartana, costume marjanna… Probably some others.

1 Like

Imagine how annoying a def team of 5 S1 sorcerers could be with the 60% chance. Never getting your mana would happen way too often and that’s a very negative gaming experience.

3 Likes

Excellent way of doing something to help balance things out. I still think the base stats of the heroes needs to be buffed as many of these heroes are still so under powered without the costumes, they wont survive even with the 20 node buffs

1 Like

old heroes just got too much this days😢 this means only one, greater and stronger heroes/dreagons or second LB is comming and will eat even them😑

1 Like

Counterpoint - what would a team of S1 sorcerers look like? C. Thorne, C. Isarnia, C. Kiril, Quintus, and Skittleskull? You scared of that?

4 Likes