🧪 Early Information on Soul Exchange [Part of The Beta Beat V45]

Thanks for the quick response. I know it was similar to this item they did include in the feedback:

Guess I’m in the minority that I’d rather give up the items and get more credit towards the soul exchange.

4 Likes

I’m with you in wanting to give up items as an input for soul exchange, I have plenty of rings and Damascus blades sitting around that I will likely never use… Other mats will easily join the never use category this year.

1 Like

Returning ascension materials is a feature that should be discussed outside of soul exchange. There needs to be a reset token (the game has needed this for a long time now), not entirely unlike the one available for emblems, that resets a hero back to start and returns the items. It should be extremely rare and difficult to get, but should certainly have existed by now. Soul exchange is a separate feature.

5 Likes

This is wonderful thank you! But just wondering – there are some much bigger fish in this list (5/10/15 being the major) and I’m not wondering whether the request should have just stuck to that. Or does SG prefer a lump. I just don’t want them to say, add the “Stock:0” visual and think that it’s worth the same as reducing the cost to 5/10/15.

Right now if you do 3 Soul Exchanges (which is maximum allowed exchanges), then the “Soul Exchange portal” disappears, so you can not see what were the possible options.
So this is just about that the portal should be there just you should see that you have 0 exchanges left.

So this is a just a visual fix, which most likely will be done if SG agrees as it does not need much effort.

4 Likes

From another discussion

My own math from another disscusion

FIN

2 Likes

I don’t know if it makes you feel better, but I suggested this in beta as a F2P player.

1 Like

Small sample size - I’ve talked to a lot of people (more than alliance but will acknowledge it’s still a small sample size compared to player base), a majority aren’t happy as it has been pitched. Of course there are always a few.

I just want it to come out. If they lower the cost a bit, it would be perfect. At this stage I don’t believe they’ll do big changes to it and if they did, it might delay it even further.

This is a major step in the right direction. We can finally get some use for our duplicates with no RNG involved.

3 Likes

Out of interest, would they prefer NO soul exchange at all, compared to the proposal? Or are they ‘not happy’ because they have their own opinions on what would make it better?

Just hope we don’t lose something decent that’s proposed, because it isn’t perfect.

2 Likes

This just means that most players like that we will be allowed to exchange heroes to a hero our chosing, but we have some suggestions…

4 Likes

Thanks, appreciate the suggestion in beta… Worth a chance

FWIF, I think they will reduce the cost somewhat. It won’t be 4/8/12, but it will be closer to 5/10/15 with some wrinkles.

2 Likes

As long as it’s not 10/15/20

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this information. I think trying to assign a more intrinsic value to heroes sounds great to me, but I can hear the groans of the devs making such a system. One problem is that today’s gems are tomorrow’s garbage, as the meta changes constantly. But having a hard line of hotm vs event heroes is a no brainer.

A personalized list of heroes we don’t have would be wonderful, but if it’s done we need to make sure it’s not overly weighted (event vs hotm).

IMO, the current chamber is a GOOD START. It needs further adjustments. Specially hotm and event heroes being more valuable than S1 and reducing the cost to 5/10/15.

They have a good history of just throwing half complete features at our faces and telling us it’s really beneficial (Like first version of HA and Alchemy lab that were a joke).

Guess it’s not only me that is tired of them releasing good ideas with bad development and them wait for new additions slowly. Why not take our suggestions and release it 100% ready at once?

No need of absurd things like a fully ascended hero from the costume chamber, it’s fine on me to take them at 1/1, but come on. More points from rarer heroes and less cost is just something primordial.

5 Likes

Some flat out can’t use it. Selfishly they see this as even a further way to fall behind.

Why? Because it costs gems to store heroes, gems to pull heroes to replace ones that had to be fed, or like me, they don’t have TC20’s running to generate these heroes. So as free and cheap to play, it costs for this feature to a degree.

Lowering the cost could help to a degree. What would have been nice, honestly, would be to have announced this was an early 2022 feature over the summer of 2021 (at the latest) to give the entire player base a chance to prep for this vs. it coming out probably sometime this month where literally some people can’t use it for some of the reasons mentioned.

I personally would never endorse NOT having this feature, it’s just got some warts that would be nice to work out.

4 Likes

I think it needs to have one of those two (lower cost of input or higher input valuations) but I don’t think it needs both.

There is value being offered here. I just don’t think they’re pricing that value correctly.

5 Likes

I’d be fine with any of those! Still more a fan of lower costs because F2P and c2p obviously don’t have event duplicate legendary Heroes and it would only be beneficial to whales… Who already have most of the soul exchange avaible heroes. I’m still a big fan of 5/10/15 or 7/12/15

3 Likes

Should create it so that the available characters are on a monthly rotation so that more characters are included.

1 Like