šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Season 5 Provinces & Gameplay [Part of The Beta Beat V47,49]

I first thought it would just negate the troop.

But Ferg brought more facts to light

2 Likes

Cool, enemies who donā€™t take defense down nor any tile damage. I canā€™t wait having to clear my entire weekly schedule just to complete a stage. It sounds like so much fun!

4 Likes

i donā€™t necessarily disagree about making wording more clear, but ā€œtileā€ is a community term, the same way we call Power Shards ā€œdiamonds.ā€ ā€œtroop damageā€ made sense to me because the ā€œshieldsā€ (the official term for what we call tiles) turn into troops when matches are made, so all troop (tile) damage is reduced 100%.

basically, all troops become Common Villagers, except for their stat bonuses haha.

canā€™t wait to try to create autofarming teams for some of these stages :joy:

1 Like

Interesting - heroes with special skills focused on mana werenā€™t much use for the map before, this will give them more utility. Agree with concerns about slowing down gameplay though.

It looks like Staff enabled us the first 9 provicies for testing.
I have adjusted the OP with the infomation about them, and the modified stage effects.
I have also addes some new enemy passives what I have seen.

1 Like

The start date is now official:

3 Likes

Lovely :upside_down_face: Anotherā€¦ 36 province seasonā€¦ filled with 640 stagesā€¦ and a storyline that wonā€™t justify it, and the added bonus that the stages will take forever because I have to deal with elite enemies every stage.

At this point, Normal stage should give 5 coins and Hard stage give 10 because no. I donā€™t feel like repeating the same issues S4 had except made worse. (Iā€™ll even settle with 5 on Normal / 7 on Hard)

Well, itā€™s different things to make us think when composing our teams and attacking, which I think is good. But will have to see how things work in reality before passing judgement. If it turns into a complete grind like some of their recent events, Iā€™ll be pretty disappointed.

Do you mean 36 * 10 * 2 = 720 ? :confounded:
The passives will make the battles harder.
But now at least in the new Beta only every second stage has got a stage effect.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I figured my math would be off. Was doing it quick in my head. But yeah, the little cutscenes in S4 kinda started showing that they probably shouldnā€™t be repeatingly doing 36 provinces. At least go back to 27 like with S2. Or 30.

Good to know about the every other stage thing.

1 Like

Itā€™s always going to be 36 provinces since itā€™s 3 per month and seasons release over one year.

hmmm I guess completionists will be forced to use all the amulets eventually, instead of just sticking to favorites! not sure how I feel about that!

1 Like

Yes. 5 gems! What a bonus!

5 Likes

something is better than nothing, so lets stay positive!!!

5 gems is just ridiculousā€¦ Other games give 100 - 500 gems, some even more, for completing longer missions. Even super-easy daily missions are ā€œworthā€ 20-50 gems in various non-SGG games.

I donā€™t expect 500, but completing such a mission should at least give a noticeable bonus. 5 gems is not even 2 % of a single summon. Fast-forwarding one of the chests for 3 hours already eats up the whole five gemsā€¦

9 Likes

Exactly! Clearing a daily mission in one of my other games gets me minimum 10-15 gems. Depending on the difficulty level chosen.

This game is definitely the stingiest when it comes to in game rewards, besides PC of course. Oh wait ā€¦ itā€™s the same developer.

4 Likes

Is there already any information about how the gem promotions will be? Day 1 will sell a promo with 3000 gems? Or promo with 400 gems and season coins? Or some other promo other than seasons 2, 3, 4? Thanks!

I am just linking to my answer in the other topic:

1 Like

I predict one offer :slight_smile:

4$ for 800 gems

REASON ?
atlantis 1$ = 200 gems
Valhalla 2$= 400 gems
Underwild 3$= 600 gems
Dunes ?

Theres a reason why im OMNI :slight_smile:

Itā€™s $3 for 600 gems for S5. Lol