🧪 Early Information on Season 4 Underwild Summon Portal [Part of The Beta Beat V36]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the Season 4 Underwild Summon Portal.

For information and discussion on the Season 4 HEROES, please see: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

For information and discussion on the Season 4 MAP & GAMEPLAY, please see: 🧪 Early Information on Season 4 Provinces & Gameplay [Part of The Beta Beat V36]


Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.


The launch date for Season 4 has been indicated as 2021-03-25T07:00:00Z

Source: Changes to Event Schedule (March 2021 Onwards)



:superhero: Featured Hero

Like the revamped Season 3 (Valhalla) portal, there are 3x Featured Heroes in the Underwild Portal.

Based on the above announced start date, the first featured HotM will be Malicna


:man_superhero: :woman_superhero: Available Heroes

The Underwild Portal currently includes the following Heroes:

  • All of the Season 1 Classic Heroes
  • Akkorog
  • Dr. Moreau
  • Elizabeth
  • Garjammal
  • Lepiota
  • Phileas Fogg
  • Prof. Lidenbrock
  • Russula
  • Griffin
  • Mack
  • Rokkamush
  • Tettukh
  • Zila Lei
  • Blewit Helo
  • Gramps
  • Morris
  • Poppy
  • Vollermork

In total, for Season 4 Heroes that’s:

  • Legendary: 7
  • Epic: 5
  • Rare: 5

Heroes we’ve seen in Beta that are not currently included:

  • Aouda
  • Captain Nemo
  • Zenobia

:game_die: Appearance Rates

Classic Season 1 Heroes

  • Rare Classic Hero: 19.6%
  • Epic Classic Hero: 11.9%
  • Legendary Classic Hero: 0.9%

Season 4 Heroes

  • Rare Season IV Hero: 51.4%
  • Epic Season IV Hero: 14.6%
  • Legendary Season IV Hero: 0.6%
    *non-featured

Featured Hero

  • Legendary Featured Hero: 1.0%

BONUS DRAW

  • Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

:1234: Analysis of Summon Appearance Rates

This table shows the cumulative probability of different Summon events, based on a total number of Summons (1x, 10x, 30x, 100x, 500x, 1500x)

Please note that NO occurrence is ever actually 100%; the 100% entries in the table below indicate cumulative probabilities sufficiently close to 100% that they are expressed as such for simplicity. All other numbers are rounded to the nearest 0.1%.

Occurence 1x 10x 30x 100x 500x 1500x
Cost in US$ pre-tax $3.50 $30.00 $83.99 $281.97 $1,403.86 $4,199.58
Any Season 4 (S4) Hero 67.6% 100.0% 100.0% 100.0% 100.0% 100.0%
Any Season 1 Hero 32.4% 98.0% 100.0% 100.0% 100.0% 100.0%
Any S4 5* Hero 1.6% 14.9% 38.4% 80.1% 100.0% 100.0%
Any S4 Featured 5* Hero 1.0% 9.6% 26.0% 63.4% 99.3% 100.0%
Specific Featured 5* 0.3% 3.3% 9.5% 28.4% 81.2% 99.3%
Any S4 Non-Featured 5* 0.6% 5.8% 16.5% 45.2% 95.1% 100.0%
Specific Non-Featured 5* 0.1% 1.5% 4.4% 13.9% 52.8% 89.5%
Any S4 4* 14.6% 79.4% 99.1% 100.0% 100.0% 100.0%
Specific S4 4* 1.5% 13.7% 35.7% 77.0% 99.9% 100.0%
Any S4 3* 51.4% 99.9% 100.0% 100.0% 100.0% 100.0%

Putting That in Perspective

  • If 1 million players each spent US$30.00 to do 10 Summons, 206,337 of those players would NOT get a S4 4* Hero

  • If 1 million players each spent US$281.97 to do 100 Summons, 199,300 of those players would NOT get a S4 5* Hero

  • If 1 million players each spent US$1,403.86 to do 500 Summons, 188,350 of those players would NOT get any Featured S4 5* Hero

  • If 1 million players each spent US$4,199.58 to do 1500 Summons, 105,220 of those players would NOT get a specific Non-Featured S4 5* Hero.


:hammer_and_pick: Bonus Ascension Material Chest

As has been the case with S2 & S3 summons portals, there is a Bonus Ascension Material Chest, guaranteeing a Rare or Epic Ascension Material as well as Rare & Epic Crafting Materials.

The Bonus Chest fills with each 10 Summons, and there is a limit of 9 Chests per event.

Your progress towards the next chest also carries over to the next Underwild Summon event if you still have chests in stock, just like with the Atlantis & Valhalla Summon.


:money_mouth_face: Summon Costs

The Summon Costs for the Underwild Portal currently match the Atlantis & Valhalla Portals:

  • Single Summon: 100 Underwild Coins or 350 Gems
  • Summon x10: 3000 Gems
  • Summon x30: 8400 Gems

:moneybag: Underwild Coins

cross-quoting for easy reference



For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

7 Likes

People will riot regardless lol.

7 Likes

So it’s going to be 95% chance to get a season 1 character and a 5% chance to get a season 4. It’s going to be just as disappointing as every other portal.

15 Likes

Oops; forgot to put that in… Had some technical issues with the updating of this thread… awkies haha

Fixed now.

TLDR these are the same odds as Valhalla, just with some mods to the Legendary Featured/ Non-Featured heroes… But I expect this is how Valhalla Forever portal will look like in 4 mins time.

5 Likes

Copy paste miss? Should be Season IV I’m assuming :slight_smile:

This was changed to Underwild I think too right? I’m assuming the Abyss became a family like Lagoon or Atlantis in season 2?

1 Like

Season 1s again as a filler…

This ■■■■■■ me off more than low odds, high cost or some poorly designed heroes.

I get the need for fillers but could they give us something else instead?

1 Like

Hope that’s helpful, not meaning to be snarky. We all appreciate the amazing time and work you put in to build all these threads for us!

1 Like

Yeah had some issues with this thread when I was updating it… Should all be swapped over now (abyss → Underwild)

3 Likes

Our familiar jovial friend, Friar Tuck, awaits your arrival at the Season 4 Portal!

6 Likes

Well, they tried giving us trainer heroes instead, but that seemed to upset a lot of people.

3 Likes

SG should improve the % chance to get a 5* events Heroes by the time and number of summons.

Each Summon could improve 0,1% for next summon on same portal.

The summons could receive 1% improve in the next month If you realize a summon on same portal last month.

The % could be reseted to starting values after receive any 5* from It at any time.

I think every player that finish any Season, should get at least one or two 5* hero from It.

9 Likes

Might have been a good time for SG to begin adding some of the S2 heroes as fillers instead of or in addition to the S1 heroes as fillers. Then S5 could add S3 heroes in as fillers.

4 Likes

in not so faraway future, there will be season 77 portal that will STILL have the 40% odds of s1 heroes…
SMH
SG had a chance to finally improve the game with upcoming new season but they decided to stick to their old greedy ■■■ ways. What happened to the trainers idea? Why do I have to keep getting Greymane further and further into the game?

3 Likes

Tell that to my S02 and S03, lol. But I like your ideas.

3 Likes

Oh good, another currency. I thought the game didn’t have enough. :rofl:

4 Likes

Season 5 currency will be Bitcoin.

6 Likes

Trainers are for challenge events

Not as much as costuming paywall heros. And they’re still going through with that!

Personally, I think they should of kept trainer heros as it’s easier to level up heros with them. :wink:

6 Likes

I also didn’t mind trainer heroes, as their inclusion didn’t reduce the odds of getting the “special” heroes available :slight_smile: they simply reduced the odds of getting S1 heroes… which is fine for me.

though I am a later-game player and have all the S1 3s and 4s, and most of the 5*s :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I hope they start including trainers in all the future portals since all those 3* S1 are food anyway I’d rather have better food!

4 Likes

Cookie Settings