đŸ§Ș Early Information on Season 3 Valhalla Summon Portal [Part of The Beta Beat V27]

:+1:

Well, that’s a relief!

7 Likes

As far as we know the Atlantis summon is moved in the month but not canceled. So from Atlantis you maybe still be able to get Alby or Hel.

The issue isn’t the Atlantis Portal not returning (since it is), it’s just that the pattern of returning HOTM we’ve seen the last several months would never circle back to Alby and Hel.

In all likelihood, though, the pattern will change, or they’ll be added somewhere else eventually.

9 Likes

The percentage of rare S2 is way higher than rare S1 but still majority of the time we get rare S1 compared to rare S2 . So I guess that same trend will follow for S3 :man_shrugging:t2:

Never? Wouldn’t it just take longer?

I mean there two featured past HotM each month with one new HotM added to the rotation each month
 unless I’m missing something they should come back eventually (albeit with perpetually increasing time between features) no?

The current pattern is forever rolling forward — so unless there stop being new HOTM, that pattern would indeed never return to older HOTM.

3 Likes

Didn’t you get five Muggy off a ten pull like everyone else when he was first introduced?

Since I’m very likely to get Fenrir, I’ll check him out.

1 Like

231 Summons will give you a 50-50 coin flip chance at getting at least one of Fenrir while featured.

How many Summons do you plan to do?

5 Likes

Sif made the list yay!

4 Likes

I’ll do 10 summons! In the old days that would be a 50/50 chance of Sumitomo, but SGG has got my back.

And
 I’m not excited about Fenrir. Competes with my Magni for emblems.

1 Like

Thanks for the details @zephyr1.

As I see the probability of getting an S3 hero is 0.5% worse than getting an S2 hero from the Atlantis portal.

1 Like

I’m embarrassed by how long I had to stare at that to understand how they could be gone forever. But I think I get it
 just to confirm is this how it works?

You basically get three opportunities to get each HotM. Opportunity one is in it’s initial release month, opportunity two occurs 11 months later on “track 1” at Atlantis and opportunity three occurs 12 months after that on “track 2” at Atlantis. After which the hero is gone forever (barring any changes of course ala Valhalla summons adding featured past HotM starting at Hel, or slowing or stopping the release of new HotM etc. etc.).

5 Likes

You’ve got it :slightly_smiling_face:

The thing is, it didn’t use to be like that — they jumped around based on the whims of the game designers.

But then they eventually settled into this pattern, which, as you noted, doesn’t repeat after the second track passes a HOTM again — which we’ve already done for Alby and Hel in particular, as brought up above.

I personally suspect that’s just an indication that they’ll show up somewhere else at some point.

The game designers have seemed to be very fond of finding ways to bring every Hero back repeatedly. I suspect no Hero will ever become unavailable forever — it’s just a matter of when they’ll eventually return somehow.

Though it could be infrequent — like Seasonal Event Heroes only returning once per year.

Some different Summon Event is always possible, as is (perhaps) Hero Academy — or some other new mechanism.

Time will tell

15 Likes

I still get more Muggys than anything else from Atlantis. It’s always a guaranteed lizard dinner for whatever green I’m leveling :lizard: :fork_and_knife: :kissing_smiling_eyes: :ok_hand:

1 Like

:joy::joy:

Cheers @zephyr1

2 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t mind giving Renfeld, Dawa and Prisca a farewell send-off party forever.

6 Likes

Speaking of Dawa, I LOVE that picture above that shows many Dawas as in the Matrix. In my Alliance, if someone pulls crap, we say ‘I got Dawa’d’. Perfect!

Crazy idea, but can there NOT be S1 heroes included in the S2 or S3 portals?

2 Likes

Summon Portal Spinning

Congratulations, you pulled a Silver Hero Token!

1 Like

And I pulled a 1* Common Villager troop
smh

Somebody may have pointed this out, but with one featured 5* and five non-featured 5* heroes, that makes the odds of any given one effectively the same.

Featured: 0.3%
Non-featured: 1.3%/5 = 0.26%

.04% is pretty much a rounding error, while Fenrir is ever-so-slightly more likely, that’s not going to be noticable.

I guess SG decided that they cannot release a new hero with an expected number of pulls to get it under 300. That would just be 
 wrong !!! :scream_cat:

6 Likes