šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Season 3 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat V26 & V27]

Iā€™m curious what happens, when a hero with max hp decreased by Fura dies and is resurrected. Is the effect reset, or the lowered max stays?

Reduced max HP can never go below 30%. The ability nerfs non minion healing. So you only lose HP between old and new max

Example
800 / 1200 HP becomes 800 / 1000 HP
1100 / 1200 HP becomes 1000 / 1000 HP
1200 / 1200 HP becomes 400 / 400 HP after enough castings.

3 Likes

YAY! 3000hp enemy heroes :heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes:

I really like Ratatoskr, so naturally, I will never get that one. Wifey and I called the Monk class though, surprised to see Nature class though. I am growing slightly more excited with the news on the new seasonā€¦ but can you devs seriously just up the odds by a percent of summoning them?

3 Likes

I think the OP missed the part of the skill where it says she canā€™t reduce max health below 30% of the heroā€™s original max health. So she canā€™t reduce a heroā€™s max health to zero no matter how many times she casts.

Iā€™m more curious about what happens if she deals 100 damage (say itā€™s that small of an amount due to an attack debuff or defense buff) to a hero with full health, but reduces the max health by 200. Does the hero lose the additional 100hp, or get 100 temporary hp?

Edit: whoops, looks like @Gryphonknight already addressed the first part.

2 Likes

Not sure about that. Atomos hits all five heroes. Tyr hits one. So even if he only hits three heroes with no mana, heā€™s dealing more damage than Tyr. But yeah, if you account for mana speed, as well, itā€™s a closer comparison.

But otherwise, yeah, Atomos 3.0 is better in all regards. At least Atomos gets an extra turn for the resurrection effect (to be dispelled).

1 Like

Tyr hits pretty weak. I didnā€™t like him. What good is it to get around defensive buffs, heal yourself (only yourself selfishly), be able to resurrect but deal damage like a 3-star hero? Disappointed! Please return it to the forge.
Heimdall was a good surprise. I like necromancers. Even if itā€™s only a 20% chance of resurrection. Pity to be slow mana.
I also liked Fura and By-Ulf. Apparently a lot of fun.
Ratatoskr is also cool. 5-star healers with medium mana are always welcome. Although he could ā€œenergizeā€ those green shields for 4 or 3 turns, it would make things more interesting.

2 Likes

I donā€™t like Tyr. He hits one target but not hard enough, snipe dmg and DOT are subpar compared to Marj (who is subpar compared to Magni, Joon, Seshat, and Lianna). Can heal and ressurect but only himself.

Itā€™s like they designed this lone wolf char to fend himself by having both offensive and defensive capabilities in itā€™s special, compared to most other heroes who excel at one role and leave other responsibilities to teammates. Kinda reminds me of Sumitomo in that regard and why he never got blades before Colen.

I wish his special was A3E & allies at least

1 Like

He is still a much better version of Atomos. Single target fast special+ DoT + self heal+ self revive. If Atomos is bad now after Tyr is released he will be ridiculously bad.

Not going into details, butā€¦

A lot of 3 and 4 star heroes. Great variety add for earlier stages in the game. And something even for the long players to consider. 4 stars are attainable and not nightmarish to max out. I hope more 4 stars will come along. Season 2 had 2 per element.

None of the 5 star heroes seem particularly OP but they add few interesting mechanics. I am glad SG listens to the power creep concerns, or at least it looks so. But quite likely this will be just first round of the heroes released, I am expecting 3 more every 3 months or so, like we had for Season 2.

Surprising lack of families, thatā€™s likely going to change also.

Overal, nice and neat. Just wonder how many heroes is too many. I already have a lot that I never use, even on wars and class quests. Not to mention dupes. I think we need new mechanics and game modes, not new heroes. I hope s3 will introduce that.

3 Likes

So when is IDRIS Elba gonna appear in the summon portal

1 Like

Iā€™ve only ever met one man crazy enough to ascend Atomos, and that man was in my alliance, so Iā€™ve never faced one to my recollection. That being the case, I must admit ignorance to the matter of how dispels work in regard to their revive. Kage dispelling first makes this irrelevant, but for all other dispels that occur after the hit does Tyr take the damage, die, revive, then get dispelled or does he take the damage down to zero HP, get dispelled, then actually die?

1 Like

He might be better than Atomos but is also universally hated (premium) hero alongside Mom Arr, Thoth Amun, and Perseus. Iā€™d prefer to use moderate/balanced heroes as benchmark as opposed to bad heroes, which is why Iā€™m ignoring all comments around Atomos.

Itā€™s this. He takes the damage, and if he gets KOā€™d he revives first. Dispel happens next, but his revive buff already removes everything when it activates

Kage and the upcoming Snow White, are the only ones who can kill him without activating his buff ā€“ they dispel before hitting.

2 Likes

Honestly not to impressed. Nothing really screams must have. I know itā€™s still early but if thatā€™s all they got Iā€™m good with what I already have.

2 Likes

This is honestly a breath of fresh air that these heroes are good, but not great. I was very nervous that some of the 5*ā€™s would come out with either devastating, raid winning specials or some crazy high stats like 900 attack with 1500 health. Theyā€™ll be heroes you want but donā€™t necessarily chase. This is good for the game. New maps, heroes and added loot, minus the insane power creep

13 Likes

I take back what I said about Sumle, I guess the miss chance is needed because his skill ā€“ for a 4* ā€“ hits all enemies very hard :stuck_out_tongue:

Still, it sucks when he misses. I saw him miss 4\5 enemies :frowning: I know thatā€™s an improbability, but thatā€™s what made it all the more frustrating to just have him hit one enemy

2 Likes

But also, like G.Owl, setting him wing (actually unique position for him), may finish an entire enemy team (if heā€™s the last standing hero.

L.E. Scratch that, dead enemies, not dead alliesā€¦ Bleahā€¦

1 Like

I think that is a good thing, the power creep is already killing the game for many who donā€™t have the resources to spend on the game but enjoys the game for content. More OP heroes would mean the gap would just keep getting bigger. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree his damage from his skill is weak, but letā€™s not overreact hereā€¦ Tyr hits for about the same damage as Caedmon. Itā€™s more like a 4* hero.

The only 3* heroes that comes close to his skill damage, are the best ones (buffed Namahage, Sq. Wabbit, the currently tested Bjorn) ā€“ and even they fall short of hitting as hard as Tyr.

4 Likes