šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Season 3 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat V26 & V27]

So if a hero dies and is revived and a green till is still on board then its special will be decreased

I like it! @WaffleWarriorBrister @Waffleelder

Also sorry if Iā€™m over posting but a hero like fura scares me with the potential power, having a 4* raina is intimidating to say the least

No, it wonā€™t affect Special Skills at all.

It only affects the damage of those particular tiles.

2 Likes

The ice heroes could use a buff, eh? :rofl:

Doesnā€™t effect special skills? How would it effect a defense team at all then? They donā€™t rely on tilesā€¦ It seems to read that specials would be reduced but I could certainly be misunderstanding it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I was confused

His skill affects green tiles negatively on defense.

Ergo, the attackerā€™s green attacks would be weaker.

The thing that keeps the squirrel from being over the top, is that it only affects the green tiles that were on the board at the time of its skill was used :stuck_out_tongue: So even though it can stack beyond Tarlakā€™s cap on offense, and conversely stack with other attack drops on defenseā€¦ itā€™s only for the current green shields at the time the skill was used

3 Likes

So slash attacks just from green heroes? Thatā€™sā€¦ meh. Haha. Glad none of these heroes are screaming need to me, maybe Iā€™ll be able to stick around and be semi competitive for a while longer. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree. Usually skills are balanced both ways or itā€™s just marginally an advantage to one side. Does the tile part of the skill make very little difference or was there a hole that needed to be filled with greenā€™s offense?

1 Like

No, he doesnā€™t strengthen his team at all when fighting him on defense. He decreases your green match damage when fighting him.

He increases your green match damage, when using him on offense.

I.e. Buff for you on offense. Ailment for you when fighting on defense

Yeah, honestly the contrast between the February HOTM and the March HOTM for 2020 is jarring, now that Iā€™m testing these heroes :stuck_out_tongue: Felt so weird not annihilating everything in my path

EDIT: I want to stress that this is a good thing, to actually get good heroes that are balanced, rather than over-the-top 1-man armies that may get nerfed to death thanks to overreaction :grin:

15 Likes

Gotcha. Thanks. Seems a bit confusing and not really something Iā€™d rely on (as I already used my green tiles to get the special up) but I do have a better understanding now.

Also, I completely agree itā€™s a good thing, season 3 was likely a make or break for me as far as if Iā€™d continue on or not and if they stay in this realm of power as usable, good pieces to great pieces, it helps to keep me playing as opposed to just paying.

1 Like

That greatly changes how I feel about that heroā€¦ thatā€™s so sad

I donā€™t mean to say that the squirrel is bad, I just mean to say that his special skill requires some thought to use.

If you use it when thereā€™s barely any green tiles on the board, you will be disappointed.

But if you use it after setting up a green diamond with lots of green tiles on the board, youā€™ll wreck everything :smiley:

Thatā€™s what I meant to say ā€“ this is an example of a very powerful hero, but to get the most reward, it requires thought and planning. In my opinion, I prefer heroes like this, rather than 1-man armies that require no strategy or thought to use. Heroes like this make the game more interesting.

14 Likes

Too early.
Too much heroes.
None that particulary shine.

I pass, thank you.

3 Likes

The squirrel looks totally overpowered :joy::joy:
Imagine him sitting next to Aegir tank? That team will be indestructible. And against titans the squirrel is a must have hero for blue titans so it has multi use as a top hero.

4 Likes

The red one is a one man army. He hits and deals DOT at fast mana, resurrects and heals himself :joy: once he gets going he can be a problem.

How can three 3*, three 4* and three 5* heroes be too many? Atlantis had much more heroes from the beginning on.

Iā€™m quite happy with the number and hope that there will be more in the future (and hopefully not only more 5* heroes but also several additional 3/4*). The only downside is that there is only one yellow.

I also like their specials and that they are not totally overpowered :slightly_smiling_face: very happy that there is a 3* minion caster as most of them have been 5* so far. The new abilities allow new tactics and thus add variation to the game.

Iā€™m looking forward to playing S3 :grinning:

13 Likes

Yeah heā€™s built to stall, but not for much else.

What stops Tyr from being over the top for me is that his damage is absolutely pathetic :stuck_out_tongue: I feel that this is what is keeping him balanced.

Hereā€™s a comparison to Perseus, who is currently the weakest 5* sniper:

Hero Damage before modifiers
Tyr 2166
Perseus 2573.75

And now hereā€™s a comparison to Caedmon, a classic 4* sniper with no costume:

Hero Damage before modifiers
Tyr 2166
Caedmon 2190.75

Damage isnā€™t everything of course, as Tyr also has DoT (but even that is weak), a heal over time, a pierce chance, etc.

Personally I think heā€™s a well balanced hero, from what Iā€™ve used him on. He can become unkillable very quickly, but he canā€™t win matches on his own either. He can get overrun very quickly if heā€™s the only hero left on offense, once his immortal buff is used up and he canā€™t charge it in time.

He will probably be considerably stronger on defense, particularly during field aid wars.

7 Likes

Agreed. At least if he resurrects himself the HOT goes away, but heā€™s also a fighter, so he gets the extra chance at reviving in case his buff isnā€™t up. And then thereā€™s the whole character itself. Are we helping Thor stave off an invasion of the Marvel IP acquired from Fox?