šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Season 3 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat V26 & V27]

The Squirrel #FabWants

5 Likes

Just a simple question: If Tyr is fast then why is Atomos slow? Just why? Tyr is simply better in every single aspect. #fixatomos

16 Likes

Thatā€™s the real point!

#FixAtomos indeed

7 Likes

Because one is AoE and one is sniper? I guess the devs had thought this way.

2 Likes

Send me Apple Gift Cards to pull Heimdall, Tyr and the Squirrel and Iā€™ll consider your hard time. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Kadilen is also an AoE and she is fast. Actually her dmg output is the same or even better than of Atomos so i still dont understand the slow speed. I thought that they considered the resurrection so strong that they did not want to give it fast mana so he could not revive over and over. Its obvious that they overnerfed him as his dmg output is pure trash and the revive is not that strong. But as we see this ability at a fast hero the question arises: why is Atomos slow.

4 Likes

They should probably work on improving the description of Ratatoskrā€™s skill. It took me a moment to understand what he is supposed to do.

Kvasir and Fura seem very powerful for their stars. A fast 3* minion summoner seems worrisome, especially for a bloody battle tournament. And Fura introduces a new mechanic, that seems a bit overpowerd to me. But maybe itā€™s not so bad in practice? Letā€™s see how it turns out.

5 Likes

Wow, already s3 info.
This can only mean one thing : bring your paycheck over to SG promptly!

3 Likes

The new 3* heroes

Bjorn Beta Info & Stats

It sucks that heā€™s an average speed sniper, as Iā€™m having a hard time fitting him on a 3* defense team.

But for offense, I quite like him. He might help make purple mono teams for 3* events more popular again. I can see myself running him with Balthazarx2, Chochin and Gill-Ra.

Bjorn is at his best when heā€™s the last hero who fires, since itā€™s the 2nd hit that is much stronger; the first hit deals about 200 damage, and the 2nd hit deals about 700 damage to a holy enemy. If thereā€™s only one enemy left, they take a ton of damage (more if Holy).

And yes, just the 2nd hit is strong against holy. Takes a bit of planning to use him, but heā€™s rewarding for his rarity.

By-Ulf Beta Info & Stats

The 4 turns ailment counter is considered a negative status effect ā€“ thus, heroes like Tyrum (costumed) and Gill-Ra can actually cleanse his ailment counter after he uses his skill. That also means that Gatoā€™s immunity shield will protect him from even getting the negative counter.

So instead of waiting out his ailment counter, you can just protect against it from the start, or cleanse it right away before it kicks in :slight_smile: Good knowledge to have for 3* tournaments.

I absolutely love this hero, he makes his center quite beefy and powerful. Heā€™ll be an awesome one to have for 3* tournaments, Buff Booster particularly.

Iā€™m not sure how effective heā€™ll be on challenge events though. I personally would prefer the Attack Boost to all from Brienne here, as it makes the entire mono stack stronger, instead of just 3 heroes.

Kvasir Beta Info & Stats

Unfortunately Kvasir is in a rarity that isnā€™t plagued with minion spam, which means heā€™s got a really useful ability, for a rarity that doesnā€™t really need it :confused: Stopping new minion generation would be more useful in higher level raiding ā€“ but even with his decent durability for a 3*, heā€™s still not a serious counter to take with you for diamond raiding (at best, heā€™ll fire once)

Well the poison is annoying at least and can stack with Jahangirā€™s burn or Armanā€™s sand twister, so that may be nice for Rush Attack 3* tournaments. The bee minions are kinda tanky, for the rarity anyways, so heā€™ll prove to be useful as a good team support hero in that sense.

11 Likes

Quite the sausage party.

Even if Iā€™m figuring the squirrel is female.

Nuts of Yggrasil has to be one of the most painfully named and confusing abilities Iā€™ve read. Of these, Heimdall and Tyr are probably the two that leap out as solid/intimidating. After them, By-Ulf and Fura seem interesting for tournaments or events, but Iā€™d have to see them in action to be sure.

5 Likes

Why is there still no words on Hero Academy while S3 info is already out? Guess they prioritize making $$ over anything else.

4 Likes

Early impressions but maybe itā€™s cuz Iā€™m still recovering from how powerful Jean-FranƧois wasā€¦ but Tyr doesnā€™t feel as exceptional as I thought heā€™d be.

His snipe damage is very underwhelming. I believe heā€™s one of the weakest 5* snipers so far. But I suppose thatā€™s okay since he has other stuff going on for himself to make up for the lack of damage.

For reference: Tyrā€™s hit is weaker than Perseus hit, by about 300 points avg before DoT. And historically, Perseus has been the weakest sniper in the 5* rarity :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Caedmon, a 4* sniper, hits harder than Tyr. :confused: Oh boyā€¦ This is a 4* hero with no costumeā€¦ mind that please.

He basically has the Ranger and Barbarian talents combined. Thatā€™s pretty cool, on top of that heā€™s got the Fighter class too with the Immortal buff.

Bleed damage is the same as Barbarian talent. Itā€™s nice that stacks with other DoT I suppose, particularly because Fire element has burn ailments in all 3* and above rarities. Maybe thatā€™s why heā€™s designed like he is, since the support he needs is readily available in most players rosters. Thatā€™s fine for offense, Iā€™m okay with that, itā€™s a team game and I expect heroes to play with each other, not singlehandedly (looking at Jean again lol)

A nice HoT lets him play the wing well, and the immortal buff (same as Atomos) letā€™s him do well on flank too. Even with his weak snipe he can stay healthy himself and chip away at the opponents.

Still though, his snipe is pretty weak. Iā€™ll have to test more though to see if that low damage is really necessary with his other skills combined.

8 Likes

Can anyone please explain the squirrels special to me cause Iā€™m confused about the nature shield phrasing

5 Likes

Itā€™s basically an attack buff to all green allies on offense, and an attack debuff to all green enemies on defense.

But because this buff / debuff is attached to the green shields on the board, itā€™s undispellable and unremovable. Also means that it stacks with other attack buffs / debuffs.

13 Likes

Would it be affected by guardian gazelle/chameleons special?

No, because itā€™s not attached to the hero at all, so thereā€™s nothing to remove.

7 Likes

I can see issues with this type of wording cause what happens if a hero is revived does that mean the effect still stands since it cant be removed

2 Likes

Itā€™s not an effect on the hero at all. Itā€™s literally on the tiles that are on the screen as of when itā€™s cast.

9 Likes

the effect is attached to the current board. Not the heroes.

Think of it as a buff to the green matches (or debuff for defense)

7 Likes

Yes I understand that but the wording effects the heros special so once it goes into effect any special after that seems to be decreased