🧪 Early Information on ROUND 5 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v44]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the Fifth Round of Season 4 (Underwild) HEROES.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:man_superhero: :woman_superhero: Season :four: Heroes

In addition to the “new” heroes added for testing in V37, I will also list the heroes we have previously seen in Beta but not been released to the live game.

5 :star: – New legendary Heroes

• Kravekrush
  • Congalaich
Kravekrush -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Kravekrush – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 814

Attack: 786
Defense: 776
HP: 1409

Class: Barbarian
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)
Family: Underwild

Ability: Decrease Ailment Duration – Duration of the first 3 status ailment this hero receives from special skills is decreased by 1 turn.

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Inevitable Defense

• All enemies can’t revive their allies or themselves for 4 turns.
  • All enemies can’t receive status effects that would resurrect them for 4 turns.
  • Deals 405% damage to the target and minor damage to the nearby enemies.

Congalaich -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Congalaich – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 815

Attack: 791
Defense: 782
HP: 1390

Class: Fighter
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Ability: Special Skill Damage Reduction – Received damage is reduced by -20% for the first 3 times this hero receives a damage from Special Skills.

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Spectre’s Flail

• Deals 310% damage to 5 random enemies.
  • Stack (Max 10): Each hit gives its target -9% attack.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Per V36, all heroes are a member of the same family (Underwild)

“Underwild Family” effect:

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• a% / b% / c% / d% / e% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals x% damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

Click for additional specific information

The exact damage done by an Underwild Gem depends on what Rarity Hero spawned it; The damge is:

• Rare = 25
  • Epic = 35
  • Legendary = 50

The exact percentage depends on the mana speed of the hero:

Mana Speed a% b% c% d% e%
Very Slow
Slow 30% 36% 42% 48% 54%
Average 25% 30% 35% 40% 45%
Fast 20% 24% 28% 32% 36%
Very Fast 16% 19% 22% 25% 28%

:gem: Underwild Gems

Some more info on the Underwild Gems:

• Any S4 hero special skill triggers the proc’ing of potentially spawning an Underwild Gem

• Underwild Gem from attack team damages defence team
    • Underwild Gem from defence team damages the attacking team
    • Both types of gems appear on the board, replacing a tile;
      • attacking team ones have a green up arrow on them;
      • defending team ones have a red down arrow on them.
    • Not yet clear if its possible to replace a Defence Underwild Gem with an Attacking Underwild Gem on the same tile spot…
  • Underwild Gems ONLY appear on the corresponding coloured tile to the hero who triggered it

• i.e. yellow hero causes it? goes on a yellow tile
    • if there are no tiles on the board of that colour, no gem is formed.
  • Underwild Gem damage IS NOT affected by inherent elemental resistances (i.e. yellow will do 50 damage when striking a yellow enemy)

• Underwild Gems CANNOT spawn on special shields (tiles)… So won’t form on a Dragon Bomb, Diamond or a Runic Rock.

• Underwild Gems get cleared from the board in the usual way.

• Matching them
    • Exploding them by a Dragon Bomb
    • Clearing with a Diamond
  • Underwild Gems CAN be moved (unlike Runic Rocks).

• Damage from Underwild Gems processes at the end of the turn after tile cascades

:link: Beta Update

• 11/17/2021 - Heroes first arrived for testing

:link: Related Threads

6 Likes

Kravekrush will be sought out for rush wars. Against the MN, alberich’s and heimdalls

6 Likes

Interesting new mechanics. I like the direction.

Kravekrush looks like this idea I just read the other day

Being red, he already has a bit of an advantage against he mostly green revivers. 405% damage to target and nearby enemies is a decent hit, but nothing special. The special skill ordering is helpful here.
I assume this status effect applies to fighter revive?
Basically a red Thorne with less damage but status effect?
You can use Kravekrush on a wilbur team in general or just save for the revivers.

Completely agree. Outside of rush though, how often will we use him? Not ideal for a player with only a few legendary heroes, but a solid depth hero.

Congalaich
The comparison I think of is bertilla. She does 290% to all. He does 310% to five enemies. Assuming the same enemy can be hit more than once, he’ll deal significantly more damage through battles given hitting five even if there aren’t five enemies. The additional stack is a nice bonus on top there. I’m not sure he’s a clear upgrade over Bertilla given her partial cleanse and family bonus. He does come with a big stat bonus over Bertilla with a clear upgrade in each of attack, defense, and HP. Overall power is 31 higher.

He’ll be great in rush wars, but I’m not itching to get him for general uses.

2 Likes

He is even the correct color to counter those greens.

Lets not overlook how devastating Congalaich will be in rush wars. a -9% STACK max of 10. So basically if he fires a few times in rush you could have heroes with -90% attack and no way to get rid of it.

4 Likes

Yup. First thought for me too. Very offensive heroes

1 Like

But on regular raids, he would be slow. Probably will need to pair to up with another defence down

2 Likes

Or imagine him paired with Ludwig and firing 3 times in 4 turns?

1 Like

I wouldn’t bring him along for regular raids unless I had a mana booster on my team.

He will be a valuable addition to a rush attack team.

2 Likes

Thought of that too. :joy::rofl:

He’s pretty much an average speed red master lepus with no defence drawback and anti revive. He’s really for players who have it all and just want to get that niche counter against revivers. Because I can’t see anyone with a deep bench using him outside of rush

IMO outside of revivers, lepus is still a lot better than him

2 Likes

Rush Battles is reviver’s playground and most of them are green, 100% worthy.

5 Likes

I really like the one that prevents resurrection- now I just have to learn to spell the name

But I’m probably not gonna pull this hero anyway lol

3 Likes

I’ll have to disagree somewhat with Kravekush. In diamond tier, I still see quite a few Heimdall’s and MN’s, both slow heroes, on defense. Having an average speed counter to them with a decent damage as well is a huge advantage, especially with the most popular Reverse V formation where the most popular position is flank which is hard to hit with tiles until you kill the closest wing hero.

If you have under 10 fully leveled 5*'s, of course focus healers, def. down and snipers first. But once you hit that 10 mark, even in regular raids he’ll become very useful.

Edit: His name could use some work - Kravekush - Crave Kush??? Hmmm… those in the know will know what I mean.

3 Likes

Question on Congalaich: does each hit deal 310% damage? Or is it spread across the 5 hits? If it’s each hit, that would be insane

The damage is not reduced. I have tested it on a titan. He dealt 5x 500-540 damage to it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks like Alfrike has a new friend

3 Likes

Usually they’re manageable on regular raids unless you’re unprepared for the revive due to crap boards. They’re only really a problem on rush

Also pairs well with xeno fold and I was use eladir with this hero for the mana gain

So we ha a total of 5 new legendary heroes that have not been fearured yet… and only 3 last season events to end the map: should we expect a sixth new hero? a very “big” one…maybe?

SG is sometimes release two heroes in the Underwild portal. So the 6th hero might arrive might not.