This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the Fifth Round of Season 4 (Underwild) HEROES.
Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.
It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.
So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.
In addition to the “new” heroes added for testing in V37, I will also list the heroes we have previously seen in Beta but not been released to the live game.
Kravekrush -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)
Element: Fire (Red)
Ability: Decrease Ailment Duration – Duration of the first 3 status ailment this hero receives from special skills is decreased by 1 turn.
Mana Speed: Average
Special Skill: Inevitable Defense
- All enemies can’t revive their allies or themselves for 4 turns.
- All enemies can’t receive status effects that would resurrect them for 4 turns.
- Deals 405% damage to the target and minor damage to the nearby enemies.
Congalaich -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)
Element: Nature (Green)
Ability: Special Skill Damage Reduction – Received damage is reduced by -20% for the first 3 times this hero receives a damage from Special Skills.
Mana Speed: Slow
Special Skill: Spectre’s Flail
- Deals 310% damage to 5 random enemies.
- Stack (Max 10): Each hit gives its target -9% attack.
Per V36, all heroes are a member of the same family (Underwild)
“Underwild Family” effect:
Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:
- a% / b% / c% / d% / e% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill
Underwild Gem deals x% damage to a random enemy each turn.
Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.
Click for additional specific information
The exact damage done by an Underwild Gem depends on what Rarity Hero spawned it; The damge is:
- Rare = 25
- Epic = 35
- Legendary = 50
The exact percentage depends on the mana speed of the hero:
Some more info on the Underwild Gems:
Any S4 hero special skill triggers the proc’ing of potentially spawning an Underwild Gem
- Underwild Gem from attack team damages defence team
- Underwild Gem from defence team damages the attacking team
- Both types of gems appear on the board, replacing a tile;
- attacking team ones have a green up arrow on them;
- defending team ones have a red down arrow on them.
- Not yet clear if its possible to replace a Defence Underwild Gem with an Attacking Underwild Gem on the same tile spot…
Underwild Gems ONLY appear on the corresponding coloured tile to the hero who triggered it
- i.e. yellow hero causes it? goes on a yellow tile
- if there are no tiles on the board of that colour, no gem is formed.
Underwild Gem damage IS NOT affected by inherent elemental resistances (i.e. yellow will do 50 damage when striking a yellow enemy)
Underwild Gems CANNOT spawn on special shields (tiles)… So won’t form on a Dragon Bomb, Diamond or a Runic Rock.
Underwild Gems get cleared from the board in the usual way.
- Matching them
- Exploding them by a Dragon Bomb
- Clearing with a Diamond
Underwild Gems CAN be moved (unlike Runic Rocks).
Damage from Underwild Gems processes at the end of the turn after tile cascades
- 11/17/2021 - Heroes first arrived for testing