šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on ROUND 4 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

Yep very trueā€¦ I just didnā€™t understand why they didnā€™t do it for all the event heroes in the portal at the same time.
For me I am not going to pull at the event until the costumes are all finished

3 Likes

I think we should all vote with our wallet!

A potential issue is, I expect the Sand Empires summoning portal to be open for about four weeks, like Springvale was.

If so, thatā€™s a longer time to resist making (extra?) summons.

3 Likes

During GTV saga, this movement fail. However with this costume system, SG actually give incentive not to pull. Why would I pull in a portal knowing that sooner or latter it will be a better portal? At least with partial release on S2/S3/S4 there is an incentive to pull because earlier the specific heroes have higher rate as the pool is not yet diluted, but that doesnā€™t happen in this system, the pool is alredy diluted.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s true, although I wasnā€™t even interested in this portal before. 2 Costumes ainā€™t gonna change my mind on that. I only use EHT for these portals and Halloween/Christmas heroes are more interesting to me anyways. Did the same last year and will skip again unless they reveal costumes for all the event heroes and are remotely interesting (which I highly doubt). Best is to not pull at all

1 Like

Yes there is no point to summon in this portal not when there are new heroes pop out so fast and you can spend gems on better portal where all heroes are great or just overall stronger :+1: Like season 3 or season 4, circus :thinking:

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna wait until they have costumes for Xmas heroes release 2 more heroes and they get costumes. Who knows, maybe by then, iā€™ll just up and quit the game.

The idea of paying for a rebalance is gonna be the straw that will have me close my wallet 100% and Iā€™ve dropped a pretty penny over the last 20 months

2 Likes

i dont see any reasons for a F2P to quit this game due to non-progress- unless its intentinally fed up and boring (which i feel not with the events,seasons and stuff like that).

Competitiveness is inborn for F2p, we compete with our mind daily to control not to add the credit card to this game even your alliance washes your brain on getting this and that and what not new herosā€¦ LOLā€¦

if bored, u can seldom come in the games, collect those EHT and ETT from events and quests and make a huge pile to pull in some good season ā€¦ ofcourse with out expectation do the pulls to njoy being luckyā€¦take care and see you soon in the group
@udee

1 Like

I think it will affect C2P more than F2P.

Long delay sorry. OP updated. @PlayForFun, @ me if there are any errors :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I donā€™t think they should release costumes for any non S1 heroes but hereā€™s what I think:

Yunan isnā€™t bad, I think I like the improvements but thereā€™s a new purple HOTM that will make the mana buff a liability.

Rana is basically the same other than slightly higher stats, water instead of sand damage, and cleanses her and nearby heroes rather than herself. Not bad but I feel with a costume her skills should be more different than that.

2 Likes

I like that the costumes do different DoT so there is an incentive to use the two as a family. But how many people actually use these two heroes as is, and will even if they get their costumes?
Otherwise costumes seem somewhat similar to current version.

Iā€™d level Rana if I got her (over Justice/Leo). Iā€™m less sure if Iā€™d use Yunan. Iā€™ll have to do a Yunan v Bertilla comparison later.

1 Like

Lol Rana with water damage, sheā€™ll just turn into mud

4 Likes

@Guvnor

Master Lepusā€™ special says, in part:

• The caster gets -34% attack for 3 turns. This effect cannot be cleansed.

This part of his special is detrimental to him. Are you sure itā€™s -34% and not +34%. It just doesnā€™t make any sense to me. :woman_shrugging:

Yes, thatā€™s correct @amrath. :slightly_smiling_face:

All Springvale heroes have some kind of drawback, as part of their special skill (sort of balance for their high attack stat, I guess).

4 Likes

Did Ranaā€™s costume get toned down? I thought it was 426 water dot and not 414 dot.

@SamMe

I remember now. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If new seasonal costumes get introduced, also the 3* and 4* heroes should get one. Yunan and Rana are already pretty good while Arman and Jabbar are among the least useful heroes. Most players will hardly ever get a seasonal 5* hero (/costume) and if 4* heroes are left out, the gap between them and costumed 5* increases considerably.

Lower tier costumes wonā€™t affect the spending behavior of P2W players negatively but it would be a big improvement for F2P and C2P. Maybe it even encourages a few C2P to spend gems if they would otherwise not spend (as other portals like S4 or Costumes are clearly better than the seasonal ones)

4 Likes

Agree.

Am opposed to costumes for the special 5* heroes in general. IF that route is chosen, SG should do the full family. The ROI for Zynga looks poor (Money spent on development vs money generated) but the player appreciation probably makes the ROI positive. Players not feeling abused and neglected is worth a lot.

Impossible to say how many summons would be made if the lower level costumes are available. The mid-level player say ā€œhmmm, two 5* costumes. Nah, Iā€™ll never get themā€ vs ā€œah, I have a decent chance at making Gafar useful and maybe get a 5* too. OKā€
How many millions of players are there? Assume $1.50 per summons (assuming no one pays ā€œfull priceā€ for gems), some are via ā€œfreeā€ tokens but some people will do the gems pull.
Say 500k ā€œadditionalā€ summons via gems, so $750kā€¦ pretty sure development costs much less than thatā€¦
Far away from the amounts the elite heroes generate but still, very positive ROI and then there are the players that donā€™t quitā€¦they have a value tooā€¦

(just putting into monetary terms in case someone in Business Development at SG looks at it. Have it language they understand, clearly game balance is a foreign concept (balance sheet, no problem), enjoyment is probably equally alien so we stick with money)

3 Likes

This is just off the costume card, It will probably be bigger as DoT scales with the attack stat; so DoT will be bigger when the costume bonus is appliedā€¦ I just donā€™t have that number on hand current.

1 Like

Makes sense. the 426 was probably a typo