šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on ROUND 4 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

Is SGG freaking kidding???

Some of the best heroes in the game are now getting costumes???

@Petri, @mhalttu, have you completely forgot about balance in the game?

@littleKAF an easier and fairer way to make those heroes available is just placing them in the HA, those heroes simply donā€™t need a buff.

19 Likes

Imbalance the game, moreā€¦moreā€¦imbalance :smiley:

Agree with the above ideaā€¦ why not adding old HoTMs like Hel (the 1st HoTM) elemental link? itā€™ll make them again relevantā€¦
Or giving balancing update for stats and skill of trashy heroes like Persius?
ah - I know!!! itā€™ll not bring any $$$ in - so why bother

4 Likes

I actually like some of the old Hotmā€™s not having elemental links! They make great anti finley teams :wink:

8 Likes

Costumes was a way (paying) to make interesting again the vanilla heroes, give a costume to the best (and rarest) heroes make the previous costume nonsense!
This could mark a good time to quit :unamused:

13 Likes

Giving a boost to the last heroes that needs them, yeah, what a fine way to balance the gameā€¦

14 Likes

Whatā€™s next? A costume to Cobalt and Onyx? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

25 Likes

Moderatorā€™s Note

I asked the Small Giant Staff if we could get information on what the game designersā€™ plan is for Summoning or acquiring these new Costumes, and got a reply back:

25 Likes

More or less as I anticipated:

Still not a fan. Original statements all still stand :frowning:

37 Likes

They should add S1 costume sewing machine in the HA then. And without gems.

22 Likes

This will ā€œhelpā€ restrict access, but also means most folks wonā€™t donā€™t have much of a shot.
P2W will now pay to pull Finley in Pirates summons which will generate a lot of money. Then theyā€™ll pay in Springvale. Then theyā€™ll pay in ToL. From a financial decision, this will increase summoning in old portals and is probably good for their revenue, even if 10% of players quit. The whales pay the bills and there are plenty who will keep paying. My Mystic Vision money just isnā€™t that valuable.

I know that order of events is wrong haha.

4 Likes

Iā€™m done with the game after this. Spent thousands over the years and seeing this fills me with regret in having done so. This will kill the game. S1 heroes needed boosting, but heroes that are already OP like Finley, Kilhare, etc. Just an absolute money grab.

15 Likes

Also play in a top 10-20 alliance, have over 60 max 5* heroā€™s and will quit the game if this happens. Itā€™s a joke that S1 heroā€™s will effectively be getting backdoored already. Why buff the most powerful event heroā€™s? Sargasso is crying out for a buff but no Finley the most powerful gets the costume buff. I am not paying twice to improve heroā€™s who should be getting a regular buff. Also not to mention that I spend money getting other seasonal heroā€™s to watch them get nerfed, hmm Frigg and Odin anyone.

24 Likes

Made my day! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

P.S. itā€™s not 1st, April ā€¦

8 Likes

Not true. The whales are a minor source of revenues.

Itā€™s better to have one thousand million people spending 5$ for the VIP pass rather than 1000 whales who spend each 1000$ per months

6 Likes

I know why you would lead with this - Iā€™ve seen some of the nonsense that gets directed the modsā€™ way - but I think (hope) many of us realize that you all are probably our only hope of getting the message to SGG about just how bad this is. I mean, I was just trying to explain to my seven-year-old yesterday what it means to ā€œoverplay your handā€, and lo and behold, SGG gives a textbook example this morning. I canā€™t imagine any player being happy about this - big spenders, small spenders, F2P - who is this supposed to help, other than Zyngaā€™s balance sheet? This feels a lot like killing the goose that laid the golden egg, and it makes me sad.

34 Likes

Canā€™t wait for frigg costume. Hopefully she will become powerful even more :hugs:

15 Likes

Enough of the roster is fed away now to ensure I wonā€™t return. Who knew that you canā€™t feed away an emblemed hero?

Thanks SG for pushing the issue.

Peace

19 Likes

Not an exaggeration, Iā€™m really nauseous to saw this announcement.
Money, money, money. SGG and Zynga are finally willing to steal us a lot of money and kill this game.

17 Likes

:sob:

I miss you already @PooFlingerJr

15 Likes

yep, saw the video tooā€¦ it is a shame, but this is what SGG/ZYNGA is actually doing to players.

5 Likes