šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on ROUND 4 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

So after few years theres no 4* dark elemental defense down hero, but some of top 10 heroes get a buff, ye costumes will bring variety and funā€¦?
Also whole coding is rather bad, this might be it for me, game was so fun a year ago, now itā€™s a bit too much and going downhill like avalanche full of ā– ā– ā– ā–  and yellow snow.

2 Likes

Once these are released, and they will be because the bottom dollar is all the matters anymore, Iā€™ll be stepping out of my top 100 alliance. I have zero desire to spend what itā€™s going to take to try and keep up with all of this madness thatā€™s about to be released between S4, new costumes and league of villains. Iā€™ll sit back and enjoy free coin pulls and what I already have. No reason to quit the game, but all this proves is that itā€™s never worth it to empty your wallet for a certain hero as SG will do what SG always does and either nerf them after release or make insanely OP heroes that dwarf them shortly after release.

13 Likes

I can think of one thing that might save the game to some extent in my mind:

Tell us that the only way to get these costumes is to summon a duplicate of the original hero. That would make this a good idea in my view. Bring on the costumes! No more sorrow for drawing duplicate event heroes!

If this isnā€™t the case though, and you just make a new summon portal to make the gameā€™s best heroes obsolete, then why do you post-nerf heroes ever? Theyā€™re going to look like kittens next year anyway. These costumes will look like kittens to the leaderboard next year at this rate.

1 Like

When I saw someone mention this on another thread I thought I had actually misread it. There was this sense of incredulity that not five minutes before I had been reading about the nerfs to Frigg and Odin and now I was reading that some of the most powerful heroes in the game were getting buffed.

Then, when I realised I hadnā€™t misread it at all I found this thread and have just finished reading the entire thing.

I am C2P, though spent a bit more than usual last year since I used some of my train fare on the game since I have been working from home. Even then I donā€™t spend massive amounts. I have none of the heroes that are listed. They are all ones that I wish I had, ones that I come up against and groan because they are so powerful I know the battle will be tough, and likely a loss for me.

If I had to pick a few heroes that do not need buffing, every single one would be on this list of round 4 costumes.

I have seen some money grabs in this game, the Tavern of Legends with its dreadful odds being high on my list of things I will never spend money on, but this today is the worst and most blatant.

It is an insult to every player, whether they have spent money or not. How stupid do they think we all are?

It reveals every announcement about hero balancing to be a lie. They have no interest whatsoever in balancing the game, only in making yet more money from portals that are no longer as popular as they used to be. If they truly wanted to balance the game then the costumes would be for some of the weaker heroes from places other than season 1, NOT for the most powerful heroes from across the whole game.

No doubt when the Ninja portal has been milked for all it is worth, they will announce costumes for those heroes too.

Whether these heroes make it into the game or not, I will not be spending another penny on this game. Not VIP, not PoV, even when the rewards are clear and set out in writing. They donā€™t deserve anything other than my contempt.

PS: @Guvnor Thank you for posting the information about this proposed update and for your personal thoughts on it. I sincerely hope that neither yourself or any of the other moderators have to put up with abuse from anyone for being the bearer of bad news.

28 Likes

I actually donā€™t get it! Can someone please explain the logic behind the Odin and Frigg nerf balance in light of Costumes for these 6 heroes?

It is wildly inconsistent to the point of being ridiculous! SG credibility gone!

17 Likes

Iā€™m not one for conspiracy theories, but amidst the feedback so far, I canā€™t say itā€™s bad timing that thereā€™s an ETT in Recruits 2 today, and Morlovia just popped. :thinking:

26 Likes

Morlovia was on schedule though; been expecting it since earlier today. FR2 was a nice surprise though.

2 Likes

I have seen images circling around and I have to say from my experience that it will be the end of my career here at E&P. I can understand costume being provided to S1 heroes since some of them are weaker than most event heroes and HOTM but transforming the game into a costume fest would be way too much in my opinion and at the long run this game will just turn around to be a recycle from previous heroes with new costumes with the purpose to pay more and more for heroes and costumes. I get it that we help the game by the purchases we make but this is going way to far in my opinion and I have contributed myself but enough is enough. Hope this is just some fan art work making costumes but if itā€™s confirmed to be true. I guess is time for me to move on.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to be honest. Iā€™ve read the title of the topic. Iā€™ve read the first paragraph of the OP. Iā€™ve read ONLY the name of the heroes. Then i stopped. I think thereā€™s not even need to read how this costumes are. Iā€™m genuinely at a loss of words. How, just how on earth could someone come up with such an idea and test it on THOSE heroes. How. Is. That. Even. Possible.
Iā€™ve never experienced something so deliberately absurd. Thereā€™s a limit on how much you think you can make a fool of all the player base. And it doesnā€™t take a mastermind genius to understand that a move like this will enrage everyone, be it heavy spender or casual player.
Iā€™m speechless.

17 Likes

In few months they will create the season 3 heroes costumes, so you have to pay again for getting the costume of your existing heroes

2 Likes

All of these absurd costumes will be nerfed after their respective portals close and Zynga/SG make their money. Sorry, no refunds. Terms of Service. Easiest scam in the book.

This is the end of the game. They couldnā€™t even give players ONE DAY to enjoy the new costumes before they corrupted the whole thing. The devs made their millions and are ready to retire and spend their days jet-skiing in the Bahamas off of your money.

10 Likes

I just feel like pointing out to everyone that they couldā€™ve kept jet-skiing in the Bahamas if they made balanced heroes worth summoning for. You know how much money Alice would still be making them if she wasnā€™t made obsolete already? I personally think this is all more short-sighted than it is greedy. I donā€™t think this is the most effective way to make money. It just limits the longevity of their income.

Serving people & making them happy is healthier for the wallet thanā€¦ This

14 Likes

But then theyā€™d have to keep working. Keeping a game like this rewarding and balanced is hard. I fear Zynga/SG would prefer to do one last craven cash grab and then peace out.

1 Like

If I could give one platinum star for the most accurate sentiment in a beta round, this one would get it

2 Likes

The reason is simple: to give players reason to use gems on Event/Seasonal and other portals not only on Season 4 and Villiians portals :wink: because new hero that appeared in beta are so powerful that there would be no much reason to spend gems/tokens on other portals. I donā€™t like that but business is business :wink:

2 Likes

If it werenā€™t for such heavy power creep, the problem would already be solved before it was created. Weā€™d still want to summon from S4, Villains, AND the old events if these stats werenā€™t so crazy high. Iā€™m sure youā€™re right and youā€™re portraying things accurately, butā€¦

Man, it feels like someone in an office somewhere isnā€™t understanding something rather basic and important. Iā€™m sure everyone knows the feeling

2 Likes

Okey, Iā€™m not inherently opposed to making Costumes for heroes not in S1ā€¦ but by God why these heroes (and why not the Rares/Elites)? Most of them are newer and plenty strong as is. Costumes are a great way to Jazz up stale heroes but these heroes arenā€™t stale in the slightest.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll agree with you that a pareto/power law distribution almost certainly holdsā€¦ But those 20% are more likely those who spend $100-250/month, on average, because most folk canā€™t afford 4 figures a month

1 Like

Iā€™d say if any event hero does need a costume, itā€™s Guardian Owl. But please, donā€™t make a Guardian Owl costume. Just rework him as much as you need to so heā€™s good without having to draw him a second time. That feels low.

4 Likes