🧪 Early Information on ROUND 3 Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the ROUND 3 BETA balance changes to TELLURIA & VELA ONLY.

As usual, Beta is undergoing multiple rounds, AND THIS INFORMATION MAY NOT BE FINAL.

For Round 2 discussion, please see: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 2 Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

For Round 1 discussion, please see: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

For information on ALL OTHER hero balance updates, please see: 🧪 Early Information on General Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Special Note about hero-balance Forum Tag

This thread is tagged with hero-balance, allowing Forum members to choose to increase or decrease their visibility of this and similar threads.

For more information, please see: đź”” Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Telluria Change Summary

Stat Beta v3 Beta v2 Beta v1 Original Release
Mana Generation reduction -24% -24% -24% -34%
Inherited Minion HP 13% 13% 13% 18%
HP Regenerated 411 411 243 411

Vela Change Summary

Stat Beta v3 Beta v2 Beta v1 Original Release
Extra Damage Against Fire Reduced Removed Removed Included
Fire Attack Reduction -34% -54% -54% -54%

Full Descriptions

Changes are noted as old and new.

Telluria Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 613
Defense: 832
HP: 1425

Class: Paladin
Resist: Minion Removal – The Hero has an innate ability to resist Minion removal.
Element: Nature/Green

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Force of Forest

• Deals 130% damage to all enemies.
  • Summons a Forest Familiar Minion for all allies with 18% HP 13% HP and 13% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All allies regenerate 411 HP 243 HP 411 HP over 3 turns.
  • All enemies get -34% -24% mana generation for 3 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Nature allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Vela Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 743
Defense: 729
HP: 1303

Class: Druid
Resist: Minion Effects – The Hero has an innate ability to resist incoming negative effects and damage from Minions.
Element: Ice/Blue

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Aquatic Outbreak

• Deals 150% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies receive 208 Water damage over 4 turns.
  • All Fire enemies get -54% -34% attack for 4 turns.
  • Deals extra damage against Fire. Deals extra damage against Fire. [this was removed and then re-added, at a reduced but unspecified amount]
  • Element Link gives all Ice allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

For a full list of items currently in Beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

19 Likes

391 posts were split to a new topic: Sorry moving to insert polls

:question::grey_question::question: Telluria balance change poll (No changes from Round 2)

• Wayyyy too much
  • Possibly a little too much
  • Just right
  • Possibly a little too little
  • Wayyyy too little

0 voters

:question::grey_question::question: Vela balance change polls

• Wayyyy too much
  • Possibly a little too much
  • Just right
  • Possibly a little too little
  • Wayyyy too little

0 voters

Round 1 Poll Results:

Telluria Previous Poll Results

Vela Previous Poll Results

Round 2 Poll Results:

Telluria Previous Poll Results

Vela Previous Poll Results

4 Likes

@Guvnor can you add a poll to this?

6 Likes

Sounds more or less quite good to me when it comes to Telly.

How reduced is “reduced” for Vela, though?

1 Like

@DaveCozy said than it is like 30%.

1 Like

Was 54%, now 34%. So -20%

Hate me or not, that would be perfect for me.

4 Likes

It was a question about damage vs reds, not about attack vs reds.

2 Likes

Looks good. The problem was Tell and you hit more on Vela, though.

Acceptable but what does “reduced” means? SGG needs to be more clear and transparent to receive proper feedback.

5 Likes

I calculated +28% myself while testing her. I’ll remove emblems and try again to see what the exact amount is.

12 Likes

Can a beta tester confirm what the extra attack is? (edit: for vela ofc)

Too much… she’s really strong just with full talents, and till there is long way

3 Likes

I liked the version of vela with -54% attack to red and no extra damage against red instead of this one.

May be, telly still needs a little something more in terms of rebalancing. May be make the minions 10%, or adjust the stat to may be increase attack and decrease health.

2 Likes

The changes sounds good and let me keep my defense of gtv :grin:

1 Like

Assuming that Vela is now about 30% or so extra damage, that’s probably fine. I don’t like seeing the -Attack vs Fire being dropped significantly, but it’s a good middle ground.

Essentially, as I saw it… some people (like me) strongly consider the -Attack to be one of Vela’s key points; others saw the Extra vs Fire to be a key point. This lessens both but takes away neither completely, so… it’ll probably be OK.

Vela will still reduce incoming Fire damage some… 1/3 instead of 1/2, generally speaking. And she will still do some extra damage to Fire enemies. Just not as extreme in both cases, so in the end she isn’t as strong of a hero as she was before, but still pretty good for a Fast hero.

Good gaming!

4 Likes

I don’t mind her staying the best tank. We need some power creep, too.
Just not by so much that using anything else seems dumb.

4 Likes

I am already letting go of my account of more than 20 thousand dollars, I just come to see if they gave up on weakening the heroes bought, but they are only trying to minimize the situation! I prefer not to play at all! It hurts at heart, but doing what is right, I don’t want to have any more bad surprises in the future! I will not spend on ordinary heroes, they will realize that the overwhelming majority will not spend on heroes of the balanced month! And when the profit decreases, they will need to increase the profit and the only way is to bring different heroes! For us Muggles to spend and then they weaken the hero!
And be realistic, we who have already spent a lot of money in the game have all kinds of heroes with varied abilities! We can make a team of several different heroes, there is no longer any need to spend on the game or pursue new heroes, if they will only launch balanced heroes, the fun of the game ends here! nobody wants to buy repeated stickers!

20 Likes

Telluria maybe has a definitive structure… It Will depend by the new Vela… At a first look, if extra damage Is 30% vela seems fine, usable in offence and not devastating, but still strong, against a Red stack in defence. I’m curious for the beta-tester opinions

2 Likes

Anyone else wanna give credit to the Moderators for upkeeping the threads 24/7 over the past 8 days?

I think jumping in and out of BETA and still being able to update changes accordingly and “ensure” peace in the forums is a job too tedious for me to care.

I know it’s off topic, but just wanna say Thanks Moderators @zephyr1 @DaveCozy @Guvnor and anyone else i might have missed

FYI, Moderating is a VOLUNTEER job. They aren’t staff. Don’t take out your anger on them.

EDIT: I’m not sure how much relevance ther is, but I am semi-thinking that the moderators might be consolidating the opinions of the general thread and posting it in the BETA threads, or like, being the mouthpiece of the ones not in the BETA forum where supposedly the staff reads only from there. That’s what a birdy hinted to me about. Kudos.

79 Likes