🧪 Early Information on ROUND 3 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v41, v42]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the Second Round of Season 4 (Underwild) HEROES.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:framed_picture: Published Pictures

March 21 Sneak Peek: [SNEAK PEEK] Season IV - "Voyagers of the Underwild"

A = Elizabeth
B = Dr. Moreau
C = Aouda
D = Prof. Lidenbrock
E = Phileas Fogg
F = Griffin
G = Passepartout (arrived to beta now)
H = Captain Nemo
I = Morris
J = Lepiota
K = Morel
L = Tettukh
M = Akkarog

:man_superhero: :woman_superhero: Season :four: Heroes

In addition to the “new” heroes added for testing in V37, I will also list the heroes we have previously seen in Beta but not been released to the live game.

5 :star: – Legendary Heroes

• Passepartout
  • Lughaidh
  • Octros
Passepartout -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Passepartout – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 811

Attack: 756
Defense: 803
HP: 1411

Class: Fighter
Element: :snowflake: Ice (Blue)
Family: Underwild

Ability: Increase Buff Duration – Duration of the first 3 buffs this hero receives from special skills is increased by 1 turn.

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Helping Hands

• Recover 20% health for all allies.
  • All allies regenerate 200 HP over 4 turns and a further increase of 100 HP per each Nature shield on the board, up to 1000 HP total.
  • All allies get +20% defense, and a further 7% increase per each Nature shield on the board for 4 turns, up to +76% defense.

Lughaidh -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Lughaidh – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 810

Attack: 721
Defense: 832
HP: 1433

Class: Paladin
Element: :leaves: : Nature (Green)

Ability: Special Skill Damage Reduction – Received damage is reduced byt -20% for the first 3 time this Hero receives damage from Special Skills.

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Transcendental Frame

• Removes all status ailments and stacks from the caster. Removes even status effects and stacks that are otherwise undispellable or uncleasable.
  • The caster shifts into Ghost form for 4 turns.
  • While in Ghost form the caster can’t gain mana and can’t be healed by Special Skills, but it is immune to normal attacks, Special Skill attacks, status effects and stacks.
  • While in Ghost form, all allies except the caster have +64% defense.
  • While in Ghost form, the caster regenerates all allies’ except the caster’s HP is boosted by 180 HP every turn.

Octros -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Octros – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 810

Attack: 762
Defense: 797
HP: 1396

Class: Fighter
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)
Family: Underwild

Ability: Increase Buff Duration – Duration of the first 3 buffs this hero receives from special skills is increased by 1 turn.

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: The Hallowwed Blade

• Deals 180% damage to all enemies.
  • Deals additional 20% damage per each Fire shield on the board, up to 340% damage in total.
  • All enemies get -24% attack for 3 turns.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Per V36, all heroes are a member of the same family (Underwild)

“Underwild Family” effect:

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• a% / b% / c% / d% / e% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals x% damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

Click for additional specific information

The exact damage done by an Underwild Gem depends on what Rarity Hero spawned it; The damge is:

• Rare = 25
  • Epic = 35
  • Legendary = 50

The exact percentage depends on the mana speed of the hero:

Mana Speed a% b% c% d% e%
Very Slow
Slow 30% 36% 42% 48% 54%
Average 25% 30% 35% 40% 45%
Fast 20% 24% 28% 32% 36%
Very Fast 16% 19% 22% 25% 28%

:gem: Underwild Gems

Some more info on the Underwild Gems:

• Any S4 hero special skill triggers the proc’ing of potentially spawning an Underwild Gem

• Underwild Gem from attack team damages defence team
    • Underwild Gem from defence team damages the attacking team
    • Both types of gems appear on the board, replacing a tile;
      • attacking team ones have a green up arrow on them;
      • defending team ones have a red down arrow on them.
    • Not yet clear if its possible to replace a Defence Underwild Gem with an Attacking Underwild Gem on the same tile spot…
  • Underwild Gems ONLY appear on the corresponding coloured tile to the hero who triggered it

• i.e. yellow hero causes it? goes on a yellow tile
    • if there are no tiles on the board of that colour, no gem is formed.
  • Underwild Gem damage IS NOT affected by inherent elemental resistances (i.e. yellow will do 50 damage when striking a yellow enemy)

• Underwild Gems CANNOT spawn on special shields (tiles)… So won’t form on a Dragon Bomb, Diamond or a Runic Rock.

• Underwild Gems get cleared from the board in the usual way.

• Matching them
    • Exploding them by a Dragon Bomb
    • Clearing with a Diamond
  • Underwild Gems CAN be moved (unlike Runic Rocks).

• Damage from Underwild Gems processes at the end of the turn after tile cascades

:link: Beta Update

• 09/28/2021 - Lughaidh a has received a Balance change
  • 08/25/2021 - Heroes first arrived for testing

:link: Related Threads

3 Likes

What is a fire skill? Is this meant to be shield?

3 Likes

So as expected, a bunch of 5*s and no new 4*s and 3*s. Ah well…

4 Likes

Correct, it is fixed now.

1 Like

Fire skill on board : emilio ailment protection, jf burn, and zimkitha attack increase… :stuck_out_tongue:

hopefully not and its fire shield :slight_smile:

Will Passepartout bring back blue tanks? I was disappointed when I first saw the 200 HP over 4 turns, but up to 1000 HP is very nice (especially since he gets an extra turn)

Lughaidh: I’ve never been a fan of shifting into ghost form. At slow speed, I don’t see myself getting much use here. Even in very fast it kinda just seems like a defense buffer and perhaps a comeback hero due to to self heal.

Octros: So Frigg and Odin get to be fast and add a valuable status effect. Octros just does straight damage, but slower. I like the mechanic, but given what we’ve seen from Frigg and Odin (and even Morel)…yawn.

8 Likes

Holy ■■■■-nuggets, rereading passports skill, totally thought he was average speed… maybe slow… But fast?!? Wow!!

Just… Wow.

Typo. All good.

Lugie seems like an inverse Lepiota… Not sure she warrants being slow speed tho… Lepi isn’t right? She’s average?

Octo seems like an Elena-esq build of a hero, just with more base damage instead of the counterattack… Oh and of course suped up base stats… But who’s looking at that type of balance anymore :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Lepi is FAST! :smiley:

2 Likes

Lepiota is fast!!!

1 Like

@Guvnor @Guy @Ruskin505
Sorry he is “just” Average not fast. I have fixed the OP.

1 Like

For passport? That’s more manageable haha.

Maybe not the return of blue tanks then Ruskin

2 Likes

Ah still exciting…not as exciting as fast, but I will gladly take him on offense now.

1 Like

On thing is strange to me an Ice hero why is depending on Nature shields ??
The herores are usally depends on the same element shields.
(It is not a typo. I have verified it. I will ask Staff about it)

1 Like

It increases his value on offense. If you go mono blue (or at least no greens), you can charge PasseP with blue tiles, then still have green tiles left over to boost healing to team.
Or maybe it was to limit his value as a tank since you’d likely use those green tiles against him?

7 Likes

For how many turns? 4?

1 Like

Yes, 4. Thx. OP has been fixed too.

2 Likes

I can see the value in Passepartout and him pairing well with at least a couple of other blues.

The other two just somehow seem underwhelming when compared to earlier S4 heroes. @Ruskin505 summed it up well in an earlier post.

2 Likes

Passepartour is ice, so he should be dependant on ice shields, I hope that staff will explain.

Passepartout: wow that it is powerful healing and great defence stats

Octros: seem powerful as well

But where are new 4* star heroes? Both atlantis and valhalla have 10 4* heroes. Valhalla ones were introduced just a couple of months after Valhalla introduction. Underwild is almost a half a year now, and there is no information about new 4* heroes. Any idea why?

5 Likes