🧪 Early Information on Round 3 of "Big Balance Update" [Part of The Beta Beat v58]

Too weak, i thing 10 will be well

Guardian Hippo is the most interesting hero in the whole game. Perfectly designed, strong hero who is not near to OP

4 Likes

There are multiple :sunny: buff options against titans… across rarities…

The highest :smiling_imp: Titan :smiling_imp: scorer in my alliance uses Bertulf + Jackal combo…. Goes to show, it’s about smart combo of hero & battle items combo!

I m just happy that the cleanse & BH = key specials for a healer is intact… & he is a fast speed BH…

2 Likes

I had to use 3* Kailani (Costume) before getting Rhys.

It’s really unacceptable to remove the attack boost from him. Please change your mind and keep BOTH his skills! @Helmeia @EmpiresPuzzles

4 Likes

The fact remains that this just isn’t the kind of game that needs “balance” updates in the first place. Put the card out the way you want it or don’t put it out at all.

Worry about the “meta” during beta testing or buff heroes/release heroes designed to work against the meta.

We put too much time, resources, and care into the leveling of these heroes for this wack-a-mole style of balance updates.

If Taunt is a problem, create more abilities that diminish Taunt and put them on more heroes.

I have been #nospend since this was announced and honestly I’m just getting more and more tired of the game. (I just bought deals under $30 before)

6 Likes

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they already are; capping is a done deal.

They’ve already admitted as much: in their release about the balance update. I believe it was quoted above, if ya missed it, and need to read it thru.

(Editing in the link)

You clearly are speaking subjectively here vs looking at this from a rational PoV. As, it does make sense that they’d wanna cap balance, as it has clearly gotten out of hand. And just cuz they’re capping SS, doesn’t mean all of a sudden heroes will become bland as a consequence… actually, I hope it’ll lead to a bit more innovation [on their part] when - in order to sell heroes - they can’t always fall back on the whole. “well, idk… guess we can just up the damage 20% from the last”. Nor should we longer see a hero that’s essentially a 3-in-1 (mitigating the use of handfuls of older heroes as a consequence)

While I don’t agree with some of the nerfs, I do agree that balance - and SS as a whole - needed toning down. We were far approaching the ceiling of what damage should be. So much so, matches were being decided in as little as five moves… That’s not the match-3 game I grew to love five years ago, back when board play actually mattered… hell, hardly can call it a match-3 at that point.

So speaking on balance as a whole, I’ll reserve my judgements til I see the final project. It’s only speaking on a specific subset of heroes [and their subsequent nerfs], that’s got me any sort of twisted (my Rhys :sob:). Otherwise, I think we needed an entire rehaul of SS to salvage whatever balance may remain in this game. & Capping how much damage / skills / heal etc a hero can do is at least a start :+1: I just hope they follow thru, and also keep to it, when we’re talking new heroes released a year from now.

8 Likes

hear hear, that’s also why I’m curious to see how the special skill damage will be tweaked… I’d rather keep playing a game where a bad starting board can be turned around, then one where I might as well flee after a few moves…

4 Likes

Wow, what a massive NERF!

This balancing act makes it impossible to spend money on the game. It’s just Round 1 of an on-going series of changes. They even admit that heroes not effected may be nerfed in the future.

3 Likes

Do agree with you. Should not touch any Covenant heroes. , Freaking expensive portal and chasing Hawthorne only to get it nerfed and lost its intention skills.
Bad taste and poor representing by the developer.

8 Likes

You made your bed Zynga and now I expect you to just lay down and “suck it up buttercup”. Leave the mess you created alone and lets get to working on fixing what comes next! Life dosen’t move in reverse!..the world goes forward!..step out of the past and start fixing the furture before there’s no hope left. You cant go back … try another way… taper back new heros… what about adjusting the titans…add armor or weapons or how about those dragons you teased us with?
Leave what we have alone and make us a better future instead of just claiming to be looking for balance
OMG! I can’t believe how angry I still am!
:woman_facepalming:

11 Likes

Sg try test offer Hawthorne, furdy, Rhys, Fortuna after big balance who want to spend. Many heroes in top 100 stronger than them SG do nothing, maybe dev make big balance not based on last update a bit outdated v50 maybe :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’ll add
No new buildings
No usage for iron (only endless items craft)
The village looks like it was 5y ago
Chat emojis :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
New playable lvls for previous seasons (not just endless farming the coins! During the so called rise)

The game had only progress in new heroes and new events basically the same mechanics, nothing new, but lots of new bugs introduced
Even the monsters Island that was copied from the other game is buggy.

In other games I see a lot of progress and rewarding system, here you see only greedy people behind the developers that have very specific way for this game

Btw, this balance going to make the gap between old heroes and new heroes even bigger, I haven’t seen any stats update for older heroes, so it only make new heroes stronger which will balance only the cash flow for summoning them.

#NoSpend here since my Magni 2nd costume going to get nerf… I summoned in this even for small spend to get him specifically! So no one going to give me my money back, in return I’ll not spend anymore here
Other games will get my money not this greedy crap

13 Likes

I continue to be against the changes that want to implement in Furdinand. Basically they want to deliver a new hero, with a new proposal. That’s deceit! When I spent a lot of money to be able to summon Furdinand it was because of the proposal he presented, I feel robbed and deceived by SG. Stop SG deceiving your players! Stop this nonsense they want to play with Furdnand! I want to be refunded for everything I spent trying to summon Furdnand and all the money I spent on materials to get him into breach two! If you intend to completely change Furdnand’s proposal we must be reimbursed!

7 Likes

This game is dying with the weekly release of new OP’s heroes, due to SG’s greed to profit from new summons. These changes, under the misleading guise of balancing, are nothing more than a way to squeeze more money out of players! Lack of respect for all of us who spend time and money to summon a certain hero and after finally getting it, leveling it up, investing in growth and breaking limits, SG simply completely modifies the hero’s original proposal, like Furdnand.

6 Likes

Zynga why don’t you just put a stop to this Big Balance Update nonsense? All of us players are against it! Zynga is killing its own business. No one else will have the confidence to chase summons and spend money to later learn that their hero has been completely changed or ruined!

5 Likes

Rhys,
It was a joy to work with you. You worked hard to make others look good, a little boost to the mana of lonely, single allies, a bit of quick healing which made them feel better and hit a little harder. You also brought fresh bandages and cured the poisons, the burns and other lingering ailments.

You may not have excelled at any single task but you did all of them with a smile while playing a little tune on your pipe.

It seems you are becoming a bit idle, first you said no fresh bandages but now it appears you won’t play anything inspirational any more and your allies can go back to hacking with the backsides of their swords and using pen knives instead of dirks in close battle.

Sorry you don’t really want to be a part of any teams in the future as you plan your retirement to Ibiza.

Best Regards from your long-term companion,
Sternman

7 Likes

Peace! Have a :coffee::cookie::strawberry: on me.

The movement is still ongoing. It’s hard to say how this BBU will end up besides the obvious :

• Capping specials by mana speed
• Focusing on stats more

Don’t be angry. I suggest pragmatism instead.

Zynga is a business at the end of the day. I don’t agree with their business strategy but their behaviour to date is consistent with their reputation to date. Nothing new there.

Adapt your Plan A (current approach to this game) Maybe Think of a Plan B.

Don’t be angry. :heart_hands:

6 Likes

we want the original statistics of
M&M , xnolphod, Telluria, vela and kalø

2 Likes

I don’t own a Rhys, and I have to say, I have faced him plenty of times and never found him to be a problem or overpowered. Other heroes I see constantly as everyone else has mentioned (Jove, Anne, etc) are, but not Rhys so I have no idea why they are nerfing him so much.

4 Likes