đŸ§Ș Early Information on ROUND 3 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v33]

No.

Have to wait and see.

1 Like

Appreciated @Guvnor!

1 Like

Surprised nobody has picked up on this, but with that massive 540% multiplier, his costume turns him into a blue Lianna (truly, 726 @ 540% vs 765 @ 512% gives almost identical numbers). He basically went from “meh” to almost A+! I know I definitely want his costume.

4 Likes

But at a slower speed still :stuck_out_tongue:

(yes i know the costume bonus gives a mana boost but still :stuck_out_tongue:)

2 Likes

You’re forgetting that Liam a is fast and Thorne is average — he gets much more interesting after his first shot with the mana bonus, but I’m not sure it quite puts him on par with Lianna.

He is interesting.

1 Like

@Guvnor @Robin_the_Brave

True, but with a lv 5 mana troop he becomes “functionally fast” aka charges in 9 tiles. Plus what he lacks slightly in speed he makes up for with his tankiness, so he can survive that one extra slash attack before charging. :rofl: Good enough in my book.

(after he fires once, that 24% mana bonus means even a lv 1 mana troop crosses the 25% threshold needed to boost average to fast, so yes he truly becomes on par with Lianna after that)

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have to admit I’ve never gotten that argument — average plus mana troop is good, but fast plus mana troop is better. It’s not like people aren’t taking mana troops on raids irregardless of speed, and generally if they aren’t firing in 7/8 tiles, I want it to be worth the wait, not as good.

Because shaving off enough from a fast hero to charge in 6 tiles is
 difficult (as in, a L29 troop AND an additional mana boost).

And while there are some cases where charging in 7 vs 8 vs 9 tiles matters
 for the majority of matches it just doesn’t (on offense!).

I’d say he’s close as long as you have the mana troop. Call it 95%.

2 Likes

As someone already mentioned, even with max CB and lv 30 troop the most you can do is shave off one tile from fast to charge in 7. To drop it down to 6 (very fast) you’ll need a mana boosting skill or family bonus.

Given the match-3 nature of this game, going from 10 to 9 tiles is a much bigger deal than going from 8 to 7, hence why I said “functionally fast”. In my experience, the number of times charging in 7 vs 8 tiles mattered I can truly count on one hand.

3 Likes

When combined with Ariel, fast hero with at least level 17 mana troop can fire with 6 puzzles or 3 ghost puzzle. For costumed Lianna, it only need level 1 mana troop and she will become “functionally very fast”.

Average hero like Thorne, even with 5% costume bonus, level 30 mana troops, 2%/4% talent cannot do that.

And what happen to that “functionally fast” when hit by mana ailment or mana cut? It’s gone.

When fast hero collect 3 puzzle, got hit by 20-25% mana cut, they will still fire with 6 more puzzle even without mana troop. Average with costume and level 5 mana troop?? No, in fact they will need 7 more puzzle or 3 more match-3 which means “functionally slow”.

Ariel herself is average speed, so by the time she has fired, you definitely could’ve fired Thorne (costume or not) already. I mean if we’re gonna talk about what happens afterwards, maybe we should also look at the probabilities of you not getting the tiles you need so that “functionally very fast” may not even matter. It’s just needlessly over-analyzing, seriously.

4 Likes

Agreed, being able to shave off 1 tile from an average speed hero due to costume bonus with relatively low investment is probably one of the best jumps one could get. Together with shaving off 1 tile for very fast hero with mana troops lvl 11. Those give you a completely different experience with such heros, and it can be done early in the game.

5 Likes

Ariel is just half part of that analysis.

Nowadays, there are a lot of mana control heroes, Lianna will be less affected than Thorne just like fast will be less affected than average.

With level 29 mana troop, fast hero will still fire with 9 puzzle under -24% mana regeneration ailment. Meanwhile, with level 29 mana troop and costume bonus, average hero will need 11 puzzle under -24% mana regeneration ailment.

Liana is perfect wing thou and thorne cant make it on wing

@Guvnor can we know who will be featured this December in costume portal?
I have around 50 summons for C.Marj.

I don’t think it’s official yet, but with a new v34 release, there’s a good chance that all the remaining costumes will be in this month’s event

It is official.

6 Likes

Poor Khagan
 he’s being mediocre from the beginning till now, there are many players suggests to make him average mana but their voices were ignored, so really no expectation on his C version, may be devs are actually dislike him so keeping him mediocre all the time ? Anyway if C version is slow sniper than he should able to deals at least 700 damage to opponent but remove all buffs.

C Wu become common AOE is another disappointed change to players, and his new special is even poor than Hu Tao although average mana.

Of course their basic state is buffed thanks costume bonus but both C versions are really disappointed.

4 Likes

I really should read the Release Notes more carefully :smiley:

Going to do a 10-pull. Looking forward to costumes finally for Khagan, Thorne, and Scarlett

1 Like