🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Challenge Festival (Bard) Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v49]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the initial release of the new challenge event called Challenge Festival (which is not the same as the earlier Challenge Festival)

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

New Challenge Event – Challenge Festival

:hugs: Family Bonus

Bard Family

Bard Family supports other Families.

All Heroes with no other other Heroes of the same family in the team get +5% mana generation.

Note:
Season 1 heroes have not got a family so if you bring more than one Season 1 heroes with a Bard hero, then all Season 1 heroes will have this Bard family bonus.

5 :star: – Legendary Heroes

• Narsica
  • Phenexa
  • Rhys
  • Winifred

:warning: Hero stats includes the limit breaking (Stats are at Level 85 for Legendary and Level 75 for Epic heroes)

Narsica -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Narsica – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 884

Attack: 888 (944 with emblems)
Defense: 828 (918 with emblems)
HP: 1551(1741 with emblems)

Class: Sorcerer
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Family: Bard
Mana Speed: Fast

Passive: Mana Increase Reduction
Reduces the amount of mana increased by Special Skills by -50%. The effect applies to all Heroes in the battle.

Special Skill: Song of Calamity

• Deals 200% damage to all enemies.
  • The duration of status ailments is reset for all enemies.
  • All enemies get -34% attack for 3 turns.

Phenexa -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Phenexa – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 843 (873 with emblems)
Defense: 876 (974 with emblems)
HP: 1567 (1747 with emblems)

Class: Monk
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Mana Speed: Average

Passive: Revival Chance Reduction
Reduces the chance of revival by -50%. The effect applies to all Heroes in the battle.

Special Skill: Ballad of Restoration

• Recovers 40% health for all allies.
  • The duration of buffs is reset for all allies.
  • All allies get +30% critical chance for 4 turns.
  • All allies get +50% attack for 4 turns.

Rhys-- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Rhys – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 890 (946 with emblems)
Defense: 848 (920 with emblems)
HP: 1507 (1732 with emblems)

Class: Cleric
Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)

Passive: Mana Increase Reduction
Reduces the amount of mana increased by Special Skills by -50%. The effect applies to all Heroes in the battle.

Special Skill: Hymm of Enrichment

• Alters the power of all Holy shields on the board. When an attacking Hero casts athe special, the shields become enchanced and give +37% more mana. When a defending Hero casts the special, the shields become weakened and give -30% less mana.
  • All allies get +34% attack and a further 2% increase per each Holy shield on the board for 3 turns, up to +58% attack.
  • Cleanses status ailments from all allies.

Winifred -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Winifred – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 852 (961 with emblems)
Defense: 854 (926 with emblems)
HP: 1585 (1704 with emblems)

Class: Wizard
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Mana Speed: Slow

Passive: Defense Ailment Reduction
Reduces the effect of defense ailments by -50%. The effect applies to all Heroes in the battle.

Special Skill: Madrigal of Mayhem

• Deals 380% damage to the target.
  • The attack chains through all the enemies who are adjecent to any hit enemy, and deals minor damage.
  • All hit targets get -54% attack for 5 turns.
  • All hit targets are immune to new status effect buffs for 5 tuns.

4 :star: – Epic Heroes

• Zhabog

Zhabog -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Zhabog – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Epic/4*
Power: 734

Attack: 715 (775 with emblems)
Defense: 655 (691 with emblems)
HP: 1542 (1768 with emblems)

Class: Druid
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Passive: Revival Chance Reduction
Reduces the chance of revival by -50%. The effect applies to all Heroes in the battle.

Special Skill: Melody of Misery

• Deals 350% damage to the target.
  • The duration of status ailments is reset for all enemies.

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• May 19, 2022 – added for first look testing.

:link: Related Threads

*🧪 The Beta Beat (V49) – Legends of Kalevala, Challeng Festival Event, Bard Heroes, Season 3 costumes, 2022 August and September HoTMs-- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

13 Likes

Resetting durations is an interesting concept.

5 Likes

Winifred passive is insane, it is way too strong.

5 Likes

Imo all those passives are almost game-changing.
Possible heavy effect on Ludwigs, MNs,etc…
Kinda weird for “passive skill”.

How the 50% reduction of revival works with Tyr, or whole fighter class for examle?

3 Likes

Question on the heroes, are these heroes potentially the unknown Challenge Event heroes, or are these separate from that unknown Challenge event?

If it works like I read it, Then a -44% def down is halved to -22%, not modified to +6 or -94.

And it works on all heroes, so both offense and defense, so rather conditional.

1 Like

I’m excoted for them because they look great but also getting annoying with the constant new heroes.

So for this, SG is skipping having these heroes in their own event and just adding them to the challenge event instead? Seems strange

I am most excited for Phenexa (I felt fire never really had a normal hero, Grazul is VF but only 15% and the red ninja is a health booster but needs to be level 2 or 3 for decent increase, this hero is most similar to healers). She gives a good amount of heal for average, plus extra attrack and critical (which for some reason seems to be very rare), she’ll be great for Titans along with the new S2 hero

I also like Narsica, good skills

3 Likes

These heroes will be in a portal with Slayer, Villans and Starfall circus heroes.

The event will be consist of the these events like the other Challenge Festival.

Some stages will have secondary stage effects too.

I will add topic for that too once I could collect enough information :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I would guess that Tyr/Atomos/Nadezdha self revive would become 50% chance. As far as fighters and other rezzers, I believe the % will be cut in half. IE fighter will have 15% with full talent, CMN will have 25%, etc.

2 Likes

Thats huge if its like that.
Esp for all those auto-revival heroes.

A new titan hero and many of them are way over power or should I say in line with the current trend

1 Like

I have the same understanding, but I will test it.

3 Likes

Best portal in-game so far, no doubt.

2 Likes

Super boldtusk 2.0 who counters rezzers. Seems kind of interesting. The yellow one seems to be a counter for Xno and ludwig, no damage though. Also, another slow chaining hero like Kafre or whatever his name is now. He is getting alot of complaints for that.

2 Likes

Too…many…new…heroes.

Seriously, these heroes all look cool and worthwhile and I get that new heroes is where it’s at revenue-wise, but c’mon, this is just getting absurd now.

11 Likes

Am I the only one who wants to believe this is a homage to @JonahTheBard and Mrs Bard? :wink: ok no evidence for it but… I say it is!

8 Likes

These passives all say “The effect applies to all Heroes in the battle.”… Doesn’t that mean it makes it’s allies specials worse? So now MY mother north on the same team has has a 25% revival instead of 50% and MY costume vivica gives 22% defense down instead of 44%?

1 Like

If you KNOWINGLY choose to pair those specific heroes with these specific heroes, then probably you should think twice about your team composition.

3 Likes

Somebody in another thread was just asking ‘where’s a 5* red healer?!?’ just a couple of days ago.

well, here you go: Phenexa. interesting passive, i must say…

3 Likes

Does this portal include old event heroes ?