šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

Even though I only have 1 5 star from Season 2 and Season 3 combined, Iā€™m very excited by new content.

There are many comments (see below) about how the stats for these heroes are too high. Iā€™m glad that is the discussion weā€™re having. The normal discourse is we need Fast mana or Heroes with fantastic specials. We arenā€™t really saying these heroes are so powerful that theyā€™ll be the new META, weā€™re just saying they have high stats. To me, thatā€™s a great way to introduce new heroes into the game.

I wish previously balance updates focued on stats. Iā€™d like to see heroes like Khagan surpass the 800 power threshold so we can have the debate about whether his better stats make him useable rather than just always saying heā€™s useless.

As long as itā€™s just the stats that are creeping up, weā€™ll be fine.

Iā€™m going to write up another post on individual heroes, but there are a few that stand out, but for now, just having higher stats is fine.

2 Likes

Season 5 heroes would be :fire: at this point.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know how I feel about season 4 coming out so soon. I feel like season 3 is still fresh and new, but that may just be me.

18 Likes

The power number means nothing. Why do people focus on that? The base stats and specials are whatā€™s important.

My ā€œstrongestā€ hero is cMagni with 19 emblems. He is more ā€œpowerfulā€ than Seshat or Heimdall with 20. Power is just a number.

How about a base attack stat of 845? Thatā€™s just a number tooā€¦

13 Likes

WAIT WHAT???

WHY INVEST ANY MONEY into game, if the next batch completely overshadows one before?? ATT and DEF both over 800??

These are 6* heroes, packed at 5*.

PLEASE STOP!

This literally kills every other hero before and breaks game. Hero progression is going at ridiculous pace. One person invests only into heroes of season 4 and he is literaly in front of all who invested into game many yearsā€¦

Reduce all stats by 50 until these heroes are worth checking outā€¦

I sincerely hope, other players dont approve of thisā€¦

51 Likes

By your logic, emblem is useless thing.

2 Likes

Which is why I wrote this. The Power number doesnā€™t mean anything, the attack stat is a number that means something.

1 Like

These heroes are really OP. They canā€™t be called 5* heroes, because they are 6* or more.
Their stats are better than normal season with emblem. They are completely OP this way.

2 Likes

No, because they increase the base statsā€¦ Sure, they increase the power number as well, but the power number doesnā€™t actually DO anythingā€¦

Donā€™t you know that power is calculated from base stat and star?

13 Likes

My quick thoughts on how much I want each of the heroes.

Auoda: A
Sheā€™s a fairly basic Fast sniper so sheā€™ll always have a place in this game. The 826 attack will certainly make her damage powerful and the extra 50% on the first hit helps even more. I havenā€™t seen anyone do the math, but I imagine she might be a top 5 sniper if not #1.

Captain Nemo: A-?
Hm, this is a weirder one to judge.
Starting the battle with 20% mana sounds great. Iā€™m guessing with a mana troop he can be charged in 6 tiles the first time. The weird thing is I might want the opposing tank to get their special off so I can deal 600% damage rather than 300% damage. Since heā€™s red, heā€™ll do well against Telly, but wonā€™t be as helpful against green tanks like Heimdall. If you think about him as a 300% very fast sniper heā€™s still B at worst.

Dr Moreau: A/A+

Jinbatsu said it better than I could. Fast, target and nearby, accuracy status effect similar to drake. Then you get an effect reset if the targets are healed and the damage reduction on top of that!
At first I thought heā€™d be a tank with the damage reduction, but I imagine three tiles will use that up rather than 3 turns. On offense, youā€™re very likely to get his special off since he wonā€™t take as many hits in the first place. DoT defense will be important against him.

Lepiota: B
I see her being used to make a tank a ghost and then just ghosting tiles. Maybe she works as the one in a 4-1, but if Iā€™m putting her in a purple stack, wouldnā€™t I rather just have someone like Sartana and kill the tank straight up? Sheā€™s a combo silence and temporary removal. I can see her being helpful in PvE stages to remove one boss hero so itā€™s easier to take out the other two for four turns.

Phineas Fogg: A
Fast sniper that removes buffs first and leaves the target with the largest elemental down in the game. In a raid with a green stack Iā€™m not sure I replace Evelyn with him though. Maybe Iā€™d use both?

Prof Lidenbrock: A-
Overheal heroes are great. Cleanse heroes are great. Perhaps she can be a tank as Jinbatsu said. And heal resets if hit by a status effect.
Is slow mana going to hold her back?

Zenobia: A-
Yes upgraded Jabberwocky, but she is average not fast. Will still be powerful.

Iā€™d be happy to get any of these heroes.

4 Likes

:rotating_light:
This is just PR hype. These heroes will definitely change.

6 Likes

This is demoralizing as a player whoā€™s played the game a decent amount of time. I spent a decent amount early on, stopped spending for a while to level what I had, and just recently started saving for this month to pull on Christmas/Ninjaā€™s/new costumes. Why would I even bother summoning now knowing that S4 heroes are going to be absurdly more powerful than anything ever seen in the game before? This is a really bad move if they donā€™t tone these down a bit.

4 Likes

I donā€™t appreciate the strawman argument.
Iā€™d rather have Kage with emblems than without. Anyone would. But would I rather have Kage with no emblems or Quintus with 20 emblems? Thatā€™s a harder choice.

All of these heroes have high stats and that is what the primary conversation seems to be. Most donā€™t have a special skill that is so powerful that itā€™s game changing. Yes the combination of the two adds up to make all of these heroes valuable, but that is not what most of the arguments in this thread are.

1 Like

I recommend you read this post:

Basically, at 0 emblem, level 4/80, and skill 8/8, the power for 5* is:

90 + 35 + (0.35 Ɨ attack) + (0.28 Ɨ defense) + (0.14 Ɨ hp)

Now lets try it on Aouda:
125 + (0.35 Ɨ 826) + (0.28 Ɨ 803) + (0.14 Ɨ 1334) = 825.7 怋 825 (rounded down)

As you can see, the number 90 (skill star) and 35 (skill level) is constant in every max level 5* heroes in power calculation. The only variables that can change is Attack, Defense, and HP.

Therefore, it can be concluded that Power is summary of Base Stat where in 5* power is:

125 + 0.35 Attack + 0.28 Defense + 0.14 HP

So this argument is invalid.

18 Likes

As you can see from the formula I posted directly above:

Even in emblem:
Attack node: 15 Ɨ 0.35 = 5.25
Defense node: 18 Ɨ 0.28 = 5.04
HP node: 36 Ɨ 0.14 = 5.04

Having a hero without emblem whose power is 825 is equal to having S1 5* with 14 nodes of attack/defense/hp.

If you are saying base stat creeping up is fine, the it is equal to you saying 14 node of emblems is useless.

As for your Kage vs Quintus comparison, it is clear that those S4 are Kage, not Quintus.

How do you feel about having 30 emblem on Kage?

8 Likes

I just looked at these heroes and Iā€™m frankly quite disgusted. These developers are so out of touch with this game itā€™s laughable. The stats on these heroes make emblems useless. Any hero that has over 800 atk and over 700 def should have maybe 1100 hp. This is sad. I was ok with season 3, but this is too much. If these heroes are launched this way, I will leave.

17 Likes

If you want to say the hero as a whole (such as a Kage with 30 emblems would be) is power creep thatā€™s fine. But thatā€™s not the argument youā€™ve been making. Youā€™re focused on the stats. Yes these heroes have higher stats than every other hero. A few of them have really good specials. But these heroes are not overpowered solely due to their stats.

Iā€™m not disagreeing extra power is useless. I very much agree extra power is helpful. Iā€™m arguing that extra power without a special to back it up does not make an overpowered.

Imo, 6 out of those 7 have special to back that creepy stat up.

5 Likes