šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 1 of Season 3 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v49]

Oh, trust me, Iā€™m not putting material into anyone immediately anymore. If they nerf it before I level it, such is life. I do get annoyed, as we all do, after putting materials in and most of material is lost. But Iā€™m still excited to see how the costumes work out. Iā€™ll pull for them and let them sit til I feel comfy about it. Cheers!

1 Like

Probably not as simply as you may think to have multiple costumes per Hero. The logic of costume bonuses would have to be redesigned too. Thereā€™s a lot of combinations to consider there.

In the first Beta thread on Costumes (almost three years ago now) there was talk of how things were set up to apparently or potentially support multiple costumes for the same hero. So I strongly suspect this feature has been thought about from the inception.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be honestā€¦ Sure, sure, these all sound good, but Iā€™m only just working my way through levelling my Challenge festival costumed team!

I was delighted that they got buffed to have the same S1 costume bonus, as it made me feel as though they were going to really relevant and keep up with the current power creep. But, if S3 is getting straight into that OG S1 costume buffā€¦ thatā€™s terrifying.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if these will be rolled out during the next Valhalla summons in June? Or are we going to have to wait another month for them, thanks in advance!

Skadi/Sif/Freya and shoot even Gef seem like must haves now.

Canā€™t wait to chase them and have em get nerfā€™d 2 months later!

I am expecting more Beta build next week so Version 49 will be probably not released before the Valhalla event. So I am expecting the release of costumes only in July.

2 Likes

Iā€™m expecting Frigg costume to get back her -4% DD. Please make that happen

Great news for me, I donā€™t particularly like the June HotM, lol.

Freya sif and skadi all toned down in todays beta release

Freya: minion to 25/15, attack boost to 180%, and doge to 36%
Sif: mana to 15% and counterattack to 125%
Skadi stacks toned down a bit but still better than regular.

Gillinbursti to switched to boosted health which is nice

6 Likes

Season 3 Costume Balance Changes

• Legendary
    • Costumed Freya
      • Lowered Raven Minionā€™s attack bonus to other Minions of its owner from 240% to 180%
      • Lowered Raven Minion HP from 30% to 25%
      • Increased Raven Minion damage from 10% to 15%
      • Lowered dodge chance buffā€™s effect from 50% to 36%
    • Costumed Sif
      • Reduced mana increase from 20% to 15%
      • Reduced counterattack damage from 135% to 125%
    • Costumed Skadi
      • Lowered Frost damage of stacks from 64 to 48
      • Lowered mana generation debuff of Stacks from -8% to -7%
  • Epic
    • Costumed Gullinbursti
      • Changed 612 regenerated HP over 4 turns to 480 boosted HP over 4 turns
      • Increased further increase in attack buff from 13% to 15%
      • Increased damage effectā€™s base damage from 204 to 257
      • Increased the additional damage gained per hit against Gullinbursti and allies from 15 to 16
      • Increased the maximum damage of the damage effect from 384 to 449
    • Costumed Sumle
      • Increased damage from 320% to 365%
      • Increased accuracy of each hit from 70% to 85%
      • Lowered the damage increased per each dead enemy from 85% to 25%

The OP is adjusted with these.

I have also added the damage numbers in notes for Skadi and Gullibursti.

12 Likes

Im glad Freya got toned down a bit. That was way too strong.

3 Likes

Beta Update:

The Season 1 like costume bonus only applies to Legendary Season 3 hero costume.
As I recall all other Season 3 costumes have lower costume bonus similar to Season 2 costume bonus.
(There are no Rare S3 costumes in Beta so I could not check it)

We have seen it earlier, but we thought that this is a bug, but Staff has just confirmed that it different by design.

I have added a poll for collecting feedback about this to the OP.

4 Likes

This make no sense to me. Season 3 heroes are generally more powerful than S2 and S1 heroes, thus is illogical to have smaller costume bonus for S2 heroes and the same as much weaker S1 heroes. Except money from summons.

7 Likes

Yes, but it is still like this.

I will post the poll results from here to the Beta Feedback this weekend to try to convince Staff to rethink it.

4 Likes

Please do, or atleast make bonuses even across the boardā€¦ Thank you for your efforts!

1 Like

I donā€™t have a problem with costumes having a big costume bonus, but Iā€™d rather them all be the same as season 1. The differences cause more problems than they help.
The biggest reason the costume bonuses canā€™t all be the same is Krampus.
This is unnecessary confusion.

Yet another disgusting move from $G. Are these idiots trying to intentionally be as inflammatory to the player base as possible?

Either same or progressively lower as the season of heroes increases :
Starts S1 : 10,5,5 // And Hotms 2017, 2018
Season 2 : 8, 4,4 // and hotms 2019,
Season 3 : 6, 3, 3,// Hotms 2020
Season 4 : 4,2,2 // hotms 2021
Season 5 : 3,1,1 // hotms 2022

1 Like

A game that was suposed to be excelent fun and playing in long run you totaly ruin that with youre money grabing strategy and those costumes
Ehy you just dont buff the heroes and leave us alone play Spend on new heroes and not in okd heroes but buffed with sily costumes

1 Like

I think this game is on the back end. I ran my sonā€™s account for 1 round of the tower and itā€™s below 900k which is lower than it was last time. Itā€™s still going very strong but I think weā€™ve seen SnG/Zynga use to a certain profit margin and thatā€™s shrinking, hence, letā€™s see if we can put out more heroes so people will spend. This has had the opposite affect on myself

2 Likes