🧪 Early Information on New War Rules [Part of The Beta Beat V32 & V33]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on some new WAR RULES being TESTED

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Request Threads

Start off by linking some pre-existing forum request threads which these new rules seem to be drawing from:

• Will come back and do later if I get time.

A general summary of the various war improvement request threads (think of it like an index) can be found here: War 2.0: Summary of Improvements

:crossed_swords: Existing Rules/ Battle Aids

There are three existing War Rules in play currently: Arrow Attack, Field Aid & Attack Boost.

:bow_and_arrow: Arrow Attack

When the bar fills, all the attacking team’s heroes take 25% of their current Health as damage.

:hospital: Field Aid

When the bar fills, all surviving defending heroes receive +20% healing.

:mechanical_arm: Attack Boost

When the bar fills, all surviving defending heroes recieve a +10% attack buff which cannot be dispelled or removed. This buff stacks with itself and with other similar attack buffs.

:recycle: Current Order

IT IS NOT KNOWN IF / HOW THE NEW RULES WILL SLOT INTO/ REPLACE EXISTING WAR RULE ROTATION

:bulb: NEW Rules

This section details information about the NEW Rules being tested in Beta.

NOTE: There is NO Guarantee that one, some or ANY of these will be eventually added to the Live Game so please keep that in mind with your discussions.

:fire::snowflake::leaves::sun_with_face::new_moon: Elemental Charge

All elements will rotate so only 1 element is “charged” per war.

Essentially heroes of the nominated element get “stronger” for that war. Both on offence & defence.

The Tool-Tip reads:

All {xxx} Heroes are supported by Elemental Charge in this Alliance War. Elemental Charge gives the following status effects

• Heroes on BOTH sides reduce all received damage by -20%
  • Defending Heroes get +8% attack
  • Defending Heroes get +2% Mana Generation.
  • Attacking Heroes get +8% attack
  • Attacking Heroes get +2% Mana Generation

This War Support activates at the start of the battle and each turn. Most effects get stronger on each activation.

So the translation of what this actually means is that ANY hero of the specified Element gets:

• -20% to any damage taken for the entire war. Applied at the start of the fight & stays active throughout.
    So instead of taking 100 damage, they take 80 damage.

• All ATTACKING heroes get +8% attack & +2% Mana Generation from the get go.
    This then INCREASES by +1% Mana Generation & +2% Attack EVERY turn.

• All DEFENDING heroes get +8% attack & +2% Mana Generation from the get go.
    This then INCREASES by +2% Mana Generation & +4% Attack EVERY turn.

A tabulated outline of this is shown below (credit @Dorkus for the graphic):

Again, these effects cannot be dispelled or removed.

Version 1 of Elemental Charge War Rule (From Beta V32

So if FIRE :fire: was the nominated element:

• Defending FIRE heroes would get:

• +10% defence when the elemental charge is activated
    • +50 HP Per turn when elemental charge is activated
  • Attacking FIRE heroes would get:

• +10% attack when elemental charge is activated
    • 25% chance to bypass defensive buffs

All effects get stronger with multiple activations. See below for the progression:

Effect Party Affected 1st Activation 2nd Activation 3rd Activation 4th Activation 5th Activation Rule
Defence Buff Defending 10% 15% 20% 25% 30% +5%
HP Regen Defending 50 HP 60 HP 70 HP 80 HP 90 HP +10 HP
Attack Buff Attacking 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% +10%
Bypass (pierce) Attacking 25% 40% 55% 70% 85% +15%

Essentially, after the initial activation, the progress is +5% Defence & +10 HP for the defending team and +10% attack & +15% bypass for the attacking team

:zombie: Undead Horde

All heroes recieve a skeleton minion. Skeleton Minion inherits 10% HP & 10% Attack from their owner

Notes/ Explanation:

• Not sure if is ALL heroes or just all DEFENDING heroes.
  • Unlike most minions, the Skeleton minion inherits stats from their Owner. Not the caster.

Updates:

• October 6:
    • now takes 5 turns to trigger (when all enemies present).
    • Rule is now “n” turns to trigger not “n+1”, where “n” is the number of defence heroes.

War Cleanse Equalizer

Removes all status effects & stacks from all heroes

Notes/ Explanation:

• Confirmed: this affects ALL heroes. Both attack and defending.
  • It specifically uses the word “remove” which indicates that Undispellable effects will also be removed
  • It is specific about ALL status effects. Not just ailments but all buffs too.

See this thread for a list of all the “stacks” and “status effects”: 📑 Status Effects (Buffs and Ailments) and Stacks - Dead topic see link in post #190

Updates:

• 6 October:
    • Now takes 3 turns to trigger (not “n+1” where “n” is the defending heroes alive)
    • Stonecleave and Ammeona “Ghost Mode” now also removed.

:fast_forward: Fast Mana

Just like the Raid Tournament Rule:

Mana speed for all heroes is set to Very Fast in this alliance war

Beta Testing Rotation

One thing to note is that wars are obviously tricky to test in Beta. Devs have put wars on a shortened timeline with each war rotating through the new buffs.

Beta Testing Wars are starting every 4 hours.

:left_right_arrow: Other Beta Content

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

41 Likes

My Skadi begins to lick her lips.

15 Likes

Ok I like that they try to change up war.
Not so sure about the individual effects but they sound like fun. We need to see how they work out first.

Only concern:
The element thing makes us change the defense up every war. I am somewhat concerned that some players may miss it and simply have the wrong colour up. Like 27 red tanks during red buff and 3 green tanks from the previous war. But I hope (but doubt) people will get used to changing war defense more regularly.

10 Likes

Pssst keep quit.

But Skadi should like that especially if it works like fieldaid and is triggered after x turns again and again.

1 Like

We won’t know until we see it, but I’m assuming it works like the Ursena / Ymir boss fight just based on that description myself

4 Likes

I have my doubts about elemental charge.
I dont think that its enough in defense to justify changing telluria as tank for most alliances. At least not in every colour. Any beta tester has some thoughts about this?

2 Likes

An easy solution to that could be able to set a defence for each “color” simultaneously, e.g. 5 defensive formations. During each “color war”, system automatically picks the corresponding defense setup.

10 Likes

:man_shrugging:
Added a section to the OP about testing regime of wars in Beta :stuck_out_tongue: it’s literally just opened so no wars have started or been tested lol :stuck_out_tongue:

But in all liklihood, the thing that will be more preventative of shifting Tanks for wars is Emblem costs… It’s not cheap or quick to shift emblems around so I personally expect 99% of the top tier alliances to simply ignore this and keep defences as they are.

6 Likes

Or does War Clense become a minion fest as they are not explicitly excluded?

Kinda odd that bcoz of one strong tank, we gonna get new war rules. Seems like desperate move to me.
Lets see how this gonna work out.

2 Likes

Nobody has mentioned yet the very fast rule. Now all those slow and very slow heroes would have some love :heart:

I would have loved a rarity restriction rule like rare or epic wars but i think its not in the devs minds such thing

20 Likes

I would expect the opposite as I’d guess most top alliances will have heavily emblemed tanks of every colour.

I know my Ursena and Guinevere are both still sitting there with +19 to go with Telluria and my +19 Gravemaker covers me for red so it’s only really blue that will cause me issues

2 Likes

Some of these new rules sound very nice :+1:

I wish devs would also include 3* and 4* alliance wars among those rules though.

14 Likes

Love that they are thinking shake-up. Wars need some fresh ideas, but just have to throw out there that the biggest need is to make each team set up 2 defenses. Emblem-set-and-forget defense is lazy and weak (and the top alliances are some of the most guilty, IMO). Make people use some strategy with this.

1 Like

I was hoping for no emblems rule :smile:

15 Likes

A few changes would be nice to shake up war defenses a bit…but implementing the whole lot :thinking:…well wars are just about to become chores…, impact rosters, emblems…hopefully there won’t be more opt outs.

1 Like

Some individuals in top alliances maybe but definitely not too alliances as a whole.

After war defence, the general priority is war offence. And good “tanks” rarely stack up as being the best attacking options.

4 Likes

I’m kinda terrified of this. I mean, I’ve got Alfrike at +14 (and counting), but… That’s going to unbalance so much stuff

Having a few different rules rather than just the run of the mill 3 would be a good change of pace, but I don’t like the concept of borrowing ideas from the Raid Tourneys to use in War. Somehow it just feels like a cheap cop out to introduce variety.

6 Likes

This is not War Buff right? I will certainly hate this one. It would be hard to have alliance members changing war teams each war.

1 Like