šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New War Rules [Part of The Beta Beat V32 & V33]

This all sounds very positive imo.

To everyone saying itā€™s going to be annoying getting everyone to change their war teams each time, thatā€™s the point as far as Iā€™m concerned - increase the strategy required and coordination within alliances, more you do the more likely to win (rather than just having specific heroes in Def and no strategy at allā€¦)

Surely better than facing the same thing over and over again. And even if some alliances keep their normal defences, the offence is a bit different to keep it varied.

Fast mana and alfrike though, ouch! Would be good for the many many slow heroes that are neglected at present though

14 Likes

Seriously? I need emblems, oh and troops er and more 5* and andā€¦

2 Likes

Expect decreasing quality of life or game enjoyment.

If only they make leader can set tank color and member have to set according to criteria to participate or giving leader the authority on who can participate in war.

2 Likes

I agree. Even thought top alliances wont change regularly their def teams(im not in a top alliance) its clear that these changes will help to bring back certain heroes, new strategies. Long term it will revalue some heroes and bring diversity

12 Likes

We want battles replay guys, please.

1 Like

These sorts of things have been proposed before and on the one hand I agree with you it would be a useful improvement for some alliances but on the other hand, coordinating alliance members in war is a leadership skill and I generally think that alliance overall skill level should correlate with alliance success, not just about which heroes/luck you have (not suggesting this is how you think personally by the way just more of a general counterpoint)

Will be interesting to hear the feedback on this particular aspect from beta, although with 4h war times itā€™s not quite the same.

Please donā€™t make even more of a push toward a minion meta. Itā€™s straying to far away from the original purity of the game. The others seem interesting, but why not just have rotating tank colors? All this additional info is unnecessary. Hero nerfs become unnecessary. All heroes become valuable again. Itā€™s that simple.

7 Likes

I suppose it against the Beta rulesā€¦
No picture or video should be released from Beta.

What do beta rules have in common with battle replays?

1 Like

i like the changes but i still think weā€™ll still see telluria tanks most of the time.
all those rules work for telluria except the charges for reds.
plus, it is ridiculously costly to move emblems around to try new things in one or two war rules.

even in very fast tournaments we see telluria dominant.
i think we should have occasional elements removed/enforced (at least from tank position)

telluria with high emblems is very hard to compete with as tank, no other hero come close to her level in my opinion and tournaments are clear proof of it.

disable emblems for wars and you will see slightly more verity

5 Likes

Well this looks like a fun change up. One question:

Is the rotation an element + an effect, or is the element considered the effect?

I.E. is the rotation:

• Fire
  • Undead
  • Frost
  • Fast
  • Nature
  • Attack

etc

or is it:

• Fire + Undead
  • Frost + Fast

etc etc

Iā€™m trying to prep hero plan for this! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Itā€™s cool, but it doesnā€™t account for emblems. Iā€™m still going to hesitate to throw emblems on slower heroes (except Kunchen, who I still havenā€™t pulled emblems off of)

5 Likes

Do you really want to see how stupidly AI bot played your setup?

3 Likes

I donā€™t like any of these new rules, just like i donā€™t like the three already existing.
I could like just the elemental charge one, if it means it will imply a different defensive strategy every war.
Well, even fast mana brings along some defensive strategy, but i just hate that rule. Too much unbalance between heroes.

During the war battle replay you might see new visual content added to Beta. (Maybe the new logo for the new war type, use of unreleased heroes, etcā€¦)

thinking having more than one defence team is still the best thing. changing it for each war still means one defence team - probably just the original swapped around a bit.

hoping one day that when a defence teams die - your second one spawns not the same one again, then your third, fourth etcā€¦ this would make people think lots more about strategy. where do they place their best team. do they have 6 teams with a green centre? or do they go with 6 teams with their best tanks - tell, ursena, guin, kunchen, etcā€¦
This so far looks like some nice ideas but it feels it wonā€™t change much.

war currently - one defence team vs 6 attacks teams per person. why not 6v6? it will expose depth and make people properly strategise.

like others said most teams will probably still have tell as a tank with gm and vela as flanks.

lets wait and see, but overall wars like tourneys sounds uninteresting and an easy out without making the game more interesting.

if it does make people change tanks every war then that is a good thing. if it doesnā€™t seems like a waste of time.

7 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure he wants to see replays of war attacks for the players to see in game, not replays of war battles from beta.

5 Likes

This is kind of what I was thinking as I read through. Make war like the Tavern of Legends so that you can only use one war defense per war for six wars in a row. That or do it for three wars and fight the same alliance each time. Strength against strength. Depth against depth.

Just add this to the other changes proposed and wars get really interesting.

5 Likes

This is a very nice change, SG is in the right way imo. Working with rules is a great opportunity to bring diversity and turn some Heroes more usefull.

I liked It, that is great!

4 Likes

i hope they plan to do 2 conditions each war, like fire + arrows or green+ heal or even very fast+ atk buff.
That would be much better also to having more combinations and each war will really be different.

1 Like