šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New War Rules [Part of The Beta Beat V32 & V33]

Well, in my opinion this is an improvement. Wars were getting boring, always shouting while field healing about this enemy heal and loosing the battle. Laughing against the arrows and winning the fight. Now it is same for us and same for them. This asks for strategy adjustments and more tank changes (ā€œwhich Tank color we should us this tiā€¦ Oh well, Telluria againā€ is now history) Good work, SG.

4 Likes

Does Elemental Charge included in v32, which means will appear this war rule within next couple of wars?

1 Like

No, it has not included in v32.

It was still under Beta testing in v33

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: New War Rule ā€“ :sparkles: War Equalizer

Yep. Me, too. Itā€™s too early for me.

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: New War Rule ā€“ :fast_forward: Rush Attack

Boas know what will be the support in this next war ??? ā€¦ Thank you very much

we donā€™t know exactly but we can guess it would be Rush Attack againā€¦

See the logs thread here: Guide: War Rule Rotation ā€“ NEW

3 Likes

@Guvnor ā€” whatever happened to elemental charge? I assume it hasnā€™t returned to beta; I saw your thoughts on the initial version. Was the updated one any different as far as forcing a tank change?

It returned to beta for a couple rounds of testing in Beta V33.

I didnā€™t have a huge amount of time to test in V33 but I donā€™t think itā€™ll necessarily force tank colour changesā€¦ May encourage it a bit but unlikely to force the changesā€¦

I do think tho that it will encourage a lot of experimentation thoā€¦

For example, in Beta & on Line discussions Iā€™ve had, thereā€™s abeen a bit of debate as to who/ what gains the most benefit out of the Elemental charge rule;

Consider effectively 4 scenarios; each have their own merits & benefits:

1. Tank ā€“ A GREAT tank will get a fair benefit out of the elemental charge rule; straight off the bat with the reduced damage but then the scaling effects too the longer they survive. BUT if you donā€™t have a great/ good tank in the elemental charge colour and your alliance forces the switch, then it could be more detrimental than the benefit you gainā€¦ particularly if there are low emblem counts.

2. Flanks ā€“ Dual flanks can get a fair bit of benefit, particularly when hidden behind a great tank. This allows them to gain multiple scaled effects as well as giving you TWO heroes who gain the reduced damage.

3. Wings ā€“ similar to flanks BUT theyā€™re furhter outā€¦ so the benefit from the reduced damage is lessened, however you gain more of the scaled attack boost by the time it comes to fire their special skillsā€¦ so a trade off

4. MONO ā€“ This is an interesting one as you combine ALLLL the benefits of the above three scenariosā€¦ It is a gamble obviously as you have no ā€œstrongā€ / ā€œweakā€ colour interractions (like flanking a green tank with blue heroes or whatever)ā€¦
    but in saying that, there is the benefit that enemies will stack their ā€œstrongā€ colour against you, thus not gaining ANY benefit from the elemental charge rule (i.e. if you field mono purple, they will bring yellow heroes who wonā€™t gain any Elemental Charge Rule benefits).
    You also, by fielding mono, introduce the liklihood that ā€œstrongā€ heroes will be dwindled even faster as there is now no alternate colours to stack against.

Beta feedback was DEFINITLY more positive about the second version of Elemental Charge than about the first rule.

Anyways, it will be interestingā€¦ if it makes it to live game

9 Likes

Itā€™s cool that itā€™s coming new war rules. However I donā€™t think the attacker should get any benefits. It has always been the defending team that gets the bonus and I think it should stay that way instead of taking tournament rules to Wars.

Undead Horde should be only defending team.

War equalizer should be only defending team, but only cleanse status ailments. Buffs and undispellable ailments should not be removed.

Rush attack should be renamed and add %mana to defending heroes after x turns instead.

Hope the new elemental bonus rotation will add bonus only to the defending team. Just adding a bonus to the tank position is enough to get som rotation. It wil still be optional to change for the bonus.

1 Like

I still donā€™t realize the rotation of the war

Do the skeleton minions have an element or are they neutral?

Like all minions they ā€œbecomeā€ the element of the owner

1 Like

We just had Rush attack on 11/21 after 2 Atk boostsā€¦ so it should go to Field aid on 11/25/20?

Itā€™s all being maintained on the thread that Jinbatsu linked.

2 Likes

You had rush attack? Strange. We had minions.

Is each alliance on a different rotation or something?

1 Like

i had minin too last time. I belive there will be minion again tomorrow 2 war in a row with same rule i guess. Adding new rules maybe change the order but i think that the rule still stay for 2 wars before change.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: New War Rule ā€“ :sparkles: War Equalizer

Be interested to know who was in your team. Iā€™m planning on having two Alfrikes in the line up next rush war.