šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New Tower of Magic Event [Part of The Beta Beat v41]

From what I understand there arenā€™t.

Yes if you want to reach the last impossible floor you will have to. Thatā€™s also the only point I really donā€™t like with this event, that itā€™s not possible to play every bit of content without buying flasks.
But if you donā€™t aim for top 100 or maybe 1k itā€™s probably not a good idea to spend to get flasks anyway. The only thing that changes is your final loot tier. You donā€™t get anything besides more points for your score for finishing those 50 impossible stages.

So if you aim for an absolute top place you will have to pay, if you are happy with top 50k loot there is no need for it.

4 Likes

What I want is actually the playing experience (not experience to level up).

2 Likes

But @PlayForFun already answered, said there is.

Not sure here, if @PlayForFun understand what Iā€™m asking, said only 5 stage on Normal or imposible tier?
@ferg, are you in beta?

Yes can understand that. I for example have no problems with rebuying in tournaments because I know itā€™s possible to do it without, same with Ninja tower, if I loose a stage I will have to buy a flask to finish but if I succeed every stage there is no need.

Here itā€™s: look, 25 more stages but if you want to play them pay for it. No other way access them. I will probably not buy flasks and just live with whatever score I get, but I think itā€™s the first time, that there is content which is not (at least in theory) available for everyone

6 Likes

Iā€™ll wait and see how the energy actually works.

My expectations is that the 25 floors is good for 99% of people assuming floor 25 is equally as hard as NT floor 50.
If impossible floors are harder than NT floor 50 and donā€™t have great rewards other than moving up the leaderboard, I doubt Iā€™ll be devoting much effort. In that case I expect leftover energy of the 25.

Essentially I only care if that missing 25 energy becomes a hinderance versus a principle. I know I can finish top 500 in Ninja Tower. If I miss top 500 because energy costs gems, then Iā€™ll be upset a bit. I can still choose to purchase that energy just as people can purchase weekly raid tournament energy.

My expectation is that it will only matter for top 1% of players so Iā€™ll wait and see. I could be very wrong.

2 Likes

Nope, my information was just from this thread.

1 Like

OK, that @Suicide_Bunny quote is what Iā€™m asking for confirmation to follow.

1 Like

Well yea you get exp and ham and stuff. Just like for every event. Just nothing else, similar to how first iteration of Ninja Tower worked, before they added milestone chests.

4 Likes

Sounds like the answer to this is no @PlayForFun You keep getting coins on the impossible levels. Is that right?

1 Like

But Now I see this in Beta:

So higher rank with lower score, which indicate that higher floor in Impossible questline matters in ranking, but you can not see what you need to do for higher rank. (How many more floors do you need to completed)

The time when @Suicide_Bunny posted his comment only 3-4 Beta testers have ā€œcompletedā€ the event, but now more than 10 have ā€œCompletedā€ it so we can see this weird ranking.

2 Likes

Yes you can get 1 coin for every completed Impossible floor.
(I do not know yet, will it increase later or not, but I will try to find it out.)

So total you can get 25 + 65 + 50 = 140 coins + the rewards at the end.

4 Likes

We donā€™t yet know if this is true. There may be a way to have free play to 75. We have to see how it is released.

3 Likes

Tower flask can be bought with diamonds - no need to pay cash, so they are accessible for F2P (is it worth to buy it is a different story).

If playing impossible floors only adds points and ā€œnormalā€ stage reward (food, iron, low level items), it can be treated similarly to replaying event stages: the number of replays are then limited by your world energy, except that world energy flasks are so common that you can easily stockpile them for an event. But if would be enough to add tower flask to some loot (tournament, war chest, etc.)

2 Likes

I played a lot of the stages so far. The problem is that the ā€œcompletionā€ at stage 25 is limited to a line saying that you finished. The 25th floor of the Magic Tower is a lot easier than the top floor of Ninja. If 50K people finished the Ninja Tower, Iā€™ll bet 100K finish the 25 levels. That means your rewards are 10 emblems per class unless you do some impossible levels. Effectively, this is a 75 level version of the Ninja Tower with a text line as a positive vibe after finishing level 25. You would get the same rewards even without the text line!

I have advocated for a separate completion reward, because right now the ranking rewards are the same for the Ninja Tower and Magic Tower, and the Magic Tower has 50% more levels. Most of us also suggested to reduce the total number of levels to 50. You can make the last 25 difficult to separate the men and women from the boys and girls.

4 Likes

I have updated the OP with the Stage information, rewards and the blessings for first half of the Impossible questline.

4 Likes

The ones that used to be top 1000 in ninja will now buy there chance to try for top 500 forcing you (and me) to buy refiled to keep our top 500ā€¦ At the end Iā€™ll still be top 500 and they will still be top 1000 but we both had to pay the extra levels to keep our score relevantā€¦

As it is for now this clearly a pay to play event. Unacceptable!!

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s partially but not 100% true. I realized I was finishing pretty well so I might as well use more items along the way because the ROI was worth it.
If I know get most of my rewards by going through 25 levels, I may not care about finishing top 500. Thatā€™s a larger ROI hurdle to overcome. This might actually make it easier for me to not worry about score.

The score difference between finishing Normal and Impossible questline is hugeā€¦
Beta testers finished Normal questline with about 650-750k points.
Some testers are now have about 3.1 million points.

You can easily get 40-50k points with minimal item usage on each Impossible floors.above 20.
So by not completing the last 25 floors you can miss about 1 - 1.25 million points.
If you use lot of items, then you can may get way above 50k points on each floor.

If the event will not change, then I am expecting the top1 in the live game to have about 3.5-4 million points.

4 Likes

Just from reading the blessings, how hard are these floors? I canā€™t imagine this is very easy, survivability must be a huge issue if theyā€™re offering upwards of +100% defense or attack on some of the rare blessings.

The Rare Blessings are very powerfull.
Eg:

• Refill the mana with 50% at Boss level is helpful if you select it twice, then it is guaranteed that all of your heroes are charges when you enter the boss level.
    So you can us the special skills earlier without worrying about that they are not charged for the bosses.
  • Defense and Attack stack is also useful as by the time you reach the boss level they are at +10 stack,
  • Damage reduction is also helpful
  • 200 HP regeneration on the use of a special skill is also helpful, as you can take an attacker hero instead of a healer.
  • The most OP Rare blessing is the +10% mana generation on an use of a special skil. If you select it after Impossible level 6 and 12 the rest of the event is Peace of cake, as you have 5 heroes and 20% mana generation on the use of a special skill, which means that by firing your heroes one-by-one the 5th fired hero will charge the first again, which will charge the second and so onā€¦ So if any of your heroesā€™ special skill hits the enemy then you can win without a single move after your heroes are charge for the first time.
    Actually I am collecting the Impossible level stage information on Auto-play since level 13, and maybe 2-3 heroes have received a Curse until level 40 where I am now, and I am scoring about 40-50k (one time above 50k) on this auto play modeā€¦
    The Beta tester who noticed this ā€œproblemā€ have reported this as a bug. So it will be most likely changed somehow.
10 Likes