🧪 Early Information on New Styx Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v48]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the initial release of the Styx (There is no information about the event, but I suspect it will be a tower event).

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

New Event – Unknown !!

• There is no information on this yet.

Note on Styx Speed.

You’ll notice that all the new heroes do not have a traditional mana speed listed (e.g. Fast, slow average). Instead they have the phrase “Styx” listed.

Similar to Ninja heroes all these new heroes have over-clocked the mana bar, and here you we will have only three tiers, and it can be a completely different special skill on each tier so the second and third tier is not a always a more powerful version of the first tier.

Preliminary testing shows that it takes about ~6 tiles to fill the mana bar of the Heroes to first tier, and 9 tiles to charge to second tier, and 12 for the third tier.
I will try to narrow it down later.

What I mean by this is that each hero ha 3 “tiers” to their special skill.

• If you cast with 100% mana, you get the first tier. OR
  • You can wait & keep accumulating MORE mana… Then if you cast when the bar is filled 2x or 3x times (i.e. 200% or 300% mana), you get the second and third tier of effects.

Hording more mana doesn’t give any new effect beyond the third tier.

The exact wording on the hero cards is:

• Special Skill has different effect if charged with 100% / 200% / 300% mana.

Tiles to Charge Mana

kép

:tophat: Styx Heroes

*There are a total of two (2) new heroes added to Beta for testing; these have been indicated to be for an unkown new event.
*The names of the new heroes are: Nyx, Hypnos

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Styx” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Styx Family
Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Bonus for 1 / 2 Heroes:

When this Hero recieves a status ailment affecting defense, 40% / 60% chance to cast the received ailment to all enemies.

5 :star: – Legendary Heroes

• Nyx
  • Hypnos

Nyx-- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Nyx-- Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 829

Attack: 795
Defense: 801
HP: 1444

Class: Wizard
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Mana Speed: Styx

Passive: Decrease Defense Ailment Duration
Duration of the defense status ailments this character receives from Special Skills is decreased by 2 turns.

Special Skill: Night Falls

• Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100% / 200% / 300% mana:
  • 1x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 170% damage to all enemies.
    • All allies get +30% attack for 3 turns.
  • 2x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 300% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies get -34% defense for 3 turns.
  • 3x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 335% damage to all enemies.
    • All allies get +50% attack for 4 turns.
    • All enemies get -44% defense for 4 turns.

Hypnos -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Hypnos – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 829

Attack: 826
Defense: 760
HP: 1446

Class: Sorcerer
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Mana Speed: Styx

Passive: Decrease Defense Ailment Duration
Duration of the defense status ailments this character receives from Special Skills is decreased by 2 turns.

Special Skill: Sweet Dreams

• Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100% / 200% / 300% mana:
  • 1x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 170% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies cannot cast any new Taunt status effects for 2 turns.
    • All enemies are immune to new status effect buffs for 2 turns.
  • 2x Mana Charge:
    • Dispels buffs from all enemies.
    • Deals 300% 270% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies are immune to new status effect buffs for 3 turns.
  • 3x Mana Charge:
    • Dispels buffs from all enemies.
    • Deals 335% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies cannot cast any new Taunt status effects for 4 turns.
    • All enemies are immune to new status effect buffs for 4 turns.

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• Apr 25, 2022 – added for first look testing.

:link: Related Threads

12 Likes

I haven’t tested them yet but the feedback is highly dependent on the mana speed.

Doing something different at each mana speed is tricky. It adds more thinking to using hero timing.

1 Like

well, sound as we are getting a third tower event.

A fellow Beta tester tested them:

This is the information what I have added to the OP.
I will do testing on them later to narrow down these numbers.

2 Likes

A new bunch of AoE heroes with same damage and different secondary effects. It will be a nightmare trying to remember waht they do for every single charge. Last tier of Nyx’s special is fearsome.

1 Like

These two seem like a combo of the ninjas and magic heroes.

Magic because the first two specials are different (not completely different like magic just slightly). And ninjas because each charge gets stronger ending with the 3rd charge that does everything best.

1 Like

We are about to have first ever taunt hotm, so ofc first ever anti taunt hero arrives.

4 Likes

Buff immunity giver heroes are also good against Taunt heroes.

1 Like

Yea ofc, but first direct block to taunt.

Currently testing them in Beta.
I am concerned that all these new heroes recently tested are leaving S1 and S2 and some HOTM way behind and make some of them totally redundant.
If these Styx heroes fire off three times then results should be awesome. I think 2nd and 3rd special is currently too powerful

5 Likes

Yup.

With this Styx event, there will be 4 events with each event featuring quarterly:

NT
ToM
AQ (CoK)
(River of ?) Styx

2 Likes

@PlayForFun Hypnos doesn’t block taunt on 2nd charge or it’s blocked for 3 turns (based on 2 turns on 1st charge and 4 on 3rd charge).

1 Like

So the passive decreases ailment duration by TWO turns instead of one eh…

the effect that prevents enemies from casting taunt sounds stupid to me…heroes that prevent status effects and buffs are better

7 Likes

Just the defense ailment not all type of ailments like some Season 4 heroes.

1 Like

I think these heroes are okay, their specials aren’t really unique. Nice to have but I won’t pull from them, I’d rather go for the Magic heroes or ninjas. With all the new events, I have to choose where I’ll pull from.

I wonder why only 2 showed up in Beta to start off, I would have thought 4-5

@PlayForFun Do I understand correctly that this has to do with ancient Greek mythology?

1 Like

The river Styx is the boundary of the Underworld in Greek Mythology. Nyx is the primordial goddess of Night, Hypnos is the god of sleep, son of Nyx. (Though there seems to be some gender-swapping going around here. That said, most of the depictions look rather effeminate, even if the name is absolutely grammatically masculine.)

Maybe that means we will be going deeper into the earth, rather than climbing a tower.

7 Likes

Yes, it is Greek mythology themed.

Hypnos’ hero card has these wings at her head like on this picture:

3 Likes

Hmm, good to know. So that’s where their special skill name comes from :slight_smile:

1 Like