đŸ§Ș Early Information on New Slayers of Fell Shadows Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v40]

How this family could be completely OP in one format (rush), and then be completely useless in another (equaliser) is beyond me. That’s not good character design. They even have Reuben’s skill slapped in there because why not? As if that HOTM hasn’t been crapped all over already at this point

4 Likes

Their definition of balance is imbalance on both side: too weak on some occasions + too powerfull on some occasions = average?

:man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

If others are actually gonna spend on these heroes, which I’m guessing they will, it’s just me but I see them as completely OP in the regular everything else if people get 2 or 3 of them. In rush wars, this is nearly the same level as Alfrike.
Before, I’d chase heroes but I think we’re seeing the writing on the wall if it wasn’t clear enough before

1 Like

I look at these heroes and think about various formats they would be used in:

• Very Fast - they don’t seem all that much better to me than a number of heroes that already exist. The speed increase isn’t going to do much at all in this format.
  • Normal Speed attacks - Hero speed is key these days. Heroes that activate quickly are the meta. Characters that start slow and speed up over time, I am guessing won’t make the cut.

To get the speed faster on these heroes, you need to use a few of them in the same group. That often is not ideal. I don’t think this is going to break anything.

1 Like

The writing on the wall is loud and clear - why do people insist on complaining about OP heroes that debut? SG’s business model is to continually introduce new heroes that are better than the batched that was released prior, hence the “power creep”. This way people continually spend money to get the shiny new heroes. People wont spend if new heroes are the “same” as the ones they already have. That’s it, plain and simple. If you understand this then there is no reason to comment on new heroes being OP. SG’s response is well of course they are, duh!

2 Likes

But this is literally recycled stuff. Cathal is a blue 1x charge cobalt. Cillian and Rian are basically an inferior snow white split into two. This is just me but the skills are just really uninspiring. If it’s not because of the gimmicky stacks, I would pass this portal

1 Like

Maybe you dont care if this game survives but most do that comment here. Power creep is expected. What’s happening isn’t a power creep, it’s a power leap.

2 Likes

While I do get entertained by many comments, I also wonder, why do people simply run down the heroes being launched by here as being poor / partial copies of some existing hero?

While the #Game cannot have all heroes being the same AND all the players cannot have all the heroes too
!

Also, players wanting less events & access to the older event heroes more frequently doesn’t serve any purpose, especially when demanded by players who have been around for 2 cycles of most older event heroes
 Coz, we know how summons works
!

I would however welcome a suggestion / demand for a common portal for event heroes that are more than a “CERTAIN Vintage” to enable players to access them
 This type of summon portal can be once every 3 to 6 months !

What say !?

2 Likes

Eventually it would be 10 months for a gazelle. And to wait 10 months for a 1% pull is unacceptable. I don’t care how money hungry they are, that needs to be fixed

1 Like

People including myself are still after specific challenge event 3*. :rofl:

I haven’t summoned a single Bauchan. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I expect that it’s considerably worse than that.

Expect that the original challenge events and season 2 event (AR) will be GONE next year, replaced by the new events and S5.

That’s why they said they would have to consider some way to let new players “catch up” come next year. Because there’s heroes that will be otherwise unavailable.

But don’t worry! I’m sure they’ll find some way to monetize it. Can’t just add them to TC20 after all.

2 Likes

I hope they retire the first gen events and make them be featured in S3 portal.

Or I don’t know how they’re going to do it. Have the players choose what events they want to play. Like teltoc/starfall. If they got all the teltoc heroes, they can choose to play starfall.
On the day before the event starts, they will choose what the event they will be playing. And because it split into two events simultaneously, it’s easier for people to get a higher score as well and to get the coveted 4* mats? (Sorry, this is a tryhard reason)

Think it will be S2,3,4,5 in turn. Usual schedule as now. This means that AR will not be 2x per month for some months. Probably 1x every 2 months.

Farm harder, everyone.

I wait 1.5 year for Buddy (the first attempt with half a year worth of EHT failed so I had to wait 1 more year while accumulating 1 year worth of EHT), got extra 1 Santa and 3 Krampus in the end.

At least the wait for specific challenge won’t be as long as specific seasonal.

That would make it harder for me to get Almur

1 Like

They could be useful with stalling teams, especially with HP boosters such as Heimdall and especially Lidenbrock. I don’t think revivers would be good with them because they will lose all their stack upon death anyway. But anyway, Heimdall, Gullinbursti and Lidendbrock are all slow and for best profit you need to have 3 of those slayers of Fel (WoW anyone?) and team of entirely slow heroes (though those 3 wouldn’t stay slow for long) isn’t very appealing.

And of course, you have to either spend a ton to get 3x different event 5* or sacrifice the thing you love the most for the luck to be on your side.

3* and 4* hero discussion

5 Likes

I’ve reviewed each hero and think Caitlin is my favourite. I’d love to see 3 heroes on the same team to get a proper impression on the impact of that Family bonus.

Check it out!

4 Likes

I’m writing a separate review on Caitlin, my favourite of the Slayers, and have a Question for anyone better in the know:

Will her Talent work with her Special (as she dispels)? I know it makes sense to, but sometimes it’s better to ask. Here’s her Talent:

JINX ~ +25% chance to deal +15% extra damage per each active buff the enemies have. The extra damage applies to both normal attacks and Special Skills.

Here’s her Special:

Special Skills: 1) Dispels buffs from all enemies. 2) Deals 180% damage to all enemies. 3) Deals additional 20% damage per removed status effect, up to 340% damage in total.

TIA

1 Like

Caitlin is my favourite hero from Slayers, so I put together a pre-review for her based on what we know. If you’re interested please check it out. There are no pictures ‘til after the official release.

6 Likes

Nice review! Very well written and thought out. I look forward to seeing more :slight_smile:

1 Like