šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New Sanctuary of Gargoyles Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v48]

Same after this announcement my view shifted from, ā€œsummon to
Build a full gargoyle teamā€ to ā€œget the 3/4*s and dip out.ā€

Kalo looks ripe for exploitingness with clever lineups. Hope I can get him.

Yesterday everybody complained about how OP all the gargoyles are and now that 1 of them is delayed everybody is complaining how crappy they all are?

Anyway I couldnĀ“t care less what they do with 5* heroes, I never get any of them anyway lol. As long as they have a few good 4 stars I am happy.

6 Likes

Think itā€™s the other red that has been panned.

The good red is held back.

Those, who are keen to try their luck at the Gargoyle Wheel of Fortune, naturally prefer that the good red not be held back.

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised youā€™d say that. Unless you were not in beta when he was tested, you would know how brokenly OP he was.
As for what SGG plans for him, well, thatā€™s their business.
Lastly, if he were to have been neutered after beta feedback and just released he would have become just another ho hum red.
The fact we saw him as they originally gave him to us in beta, tells me they had plans for him.

I seeā€¦ Not sure how Iā€™ve surprised you but Iā€™ve noticed how broken he was but I kinda gave up on testing and telling them ā€œhey this is OPā€ or ā€œhey this is underpoweredā€, specially on challenge events because they donā€™t even want to know about it because event heroes ā€œare so rare they can be any strong and wonā€™t break the gameā€. Iā€™ve done that too much already.

In the end they will do whatever they think that is right, even if they need to do those ā€œbalance updatesā€ later.

Beta testing made me change some ways to see how they manage the game and kinda made me even more unmotived. I canā€™t see no more than legendary heroes spamming, more and more costumes as ā€œbuffsā€, no more real balance updates and further buffing on event heroes, which means raids, tournaments and wars are keeping getting worse and such. I thought I would be able to elaborate analisys and help the game to develop better, but all they want us to do is hunt bugs and say obvious things about heroesā€™ power that often are ignored.

I hope I can see some more light in the future but that just me. Every single update from the last 5 months resulted in nothing more than rage and upset players. That being said, I donā€™t blame myself for being kind of tired.

So, wellā€¦ Whatever they plan to do with Hohenwerf, it should be just another power creep move and Iā€™m honestly not intersted. They made a delay on non s1 costumes as well, but in the endā€¦ they always do the same thing.

Based on how is the game working nowadays, theyā€™re just saving the most OP hero for later for making peple spend there again, which isnā€™t a surprise to anyone at this point.

6 Likes

Honestly both those heroes needed to be reworked. Hohenwulf is too broken while el Duke is too weak

2 Likes

If they removed poopy duquey for more testing Iā€™d be thrilled!

Just increase the DD stack to -27% per hit whatā€™s so hard about it?

2 Likes

Lol think -24% is standard. 3 turns.

Then DD increases per turn by 8% per turn. Ending up with -48%. Respectable DD this.

1 Like

Think Red Wolfie is intended to be a money spinner for Gargoyles summon portal. Thatā€™s why heā€™s this OP for now.

I always thought itā€™s 9% and not 8
Yeah soā€¦
Stack: (max 3): the target and nearby enemies get -24% defence.
Right now the only place el duke can be used is mythic when the match is more drawn out and even then he would never reach 10 stacks unless you pot dump everything on him just to get that 80% DD. Meaning he is very resource heavy.
But an Asterius/ saoirse/ khafre/ el Duke/ Zenobia team can slay any green titan in no time

2 Likes

Red Athena works good too. One mana load = off she goes. Start the tile dumping.

Itā€™s a shame none of them are barbarians, the bleed damage will be off the charts

1 Like

Wellā€¦ gargoyles have their Stoneskin. Thatā€™s a great passive. Even if for 1 turn.

El Duque has highest dps at very fast speed, as well as popping gargoyle skin every 2 matches seems absurd (he can negate alot more dmg than others)ā€¦
His def down stack is undispellable for 3ā€¦ What else do you want? :slight_smile:

He is beyond powerfull.

3 Likes

I donā€™t get it, why on earth do people think El Duque is underpowered?!

Do you also find Congalach underpowered?!

Any hero [with stack] will have an undispellable effect in play. & If they get a chance to maximize it - like vs a titan - that means up to 80% defense down. No one has that high of defense down in this entire game (!!)

Iā€™m lost here, truly. Especially as this hero is very fast mana, and hits three targets. And heā€™s fire element. Jeez.

What more do you people want?!

Seriously, am I missing something here? Why arenā€™t people swooning over him as I am?!

(Also, Hohenwerf getting taken out is bull-:poop: - Iā€™m super annoyed atm)
Edit:

I will add, that I do agree partly with the concerns; the only issue I have with El Duque vs, say, Congalach, is he requires 10 SS firing to maximize the stack, vs Congalach @ two. & Him being VF, he fires twice in the time that Congalach does so once, so while Congalach would be at max, El Duque would only have achieved stack four. So while yes, Iā€™ll agree that this part of his SS is less than ideal, I still canā€™t agree that heā€™s underpowered. Any hero that can potentially have the highest DD in this game is nothing to turn your nose at (imo). 80% is insane. Raid wise, I think heā€™d shine more in rainbow teams, where his SS firing becomes a more regular activity, to hopefully maximize better. But in the end, this hero, to me, seems more built for Mythic Titans than anything else.

10 Likes

The only thing people are critiquing is really the stack, and Iā€™m not the first to do this.
Although I do admit I was looking at the stack, and feel that it doesnā€™t matter in the short run. Idk he does seem okay, just that itā€™s so hard to bring 10 stacks out in a short period of time
Once a hero learns how to remove stacks, heā€™s pretty much gone.

1 Like

To be clear, the def down stacks, stacks with other def down right?

Yes, it is different from ailments

1 Like