🧪 Early Information on Updated Riddles of Wonderland Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V24]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the new Riddles of Wonderland Challenge Event overhaul.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

The launch date for the new version of Riddles of Wonderland has not been announced yet

See also: September 2019 Challenge Event [Knights of Avalon] & October 2019 Challenge Event [Pirates of Corellia]

New Wonderland Family

Bonus for 2/3/4/5 Heroes:

• +2%/4%/7%/12% mana
  • +5%/10%/15%/20% critical chance

New Heroes

NOTE: These heroes are in addition to the existing ones (Queen of Hearts, Alice, The Hatter, Cheshire Cat, Captain of Diamonds)

Jabberwock – 5* – :new_moon_with_face: Dark

Click for Mostly Useless Information

Jabberwock Beta Info & Stats

Rarity: Legendary/5*

Attack: 743
Defense: 747
HP: 1328

Class: Monk
Family: Wonderland
Element: Dark/Purple

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Sideswipe

• Deals 275%300% damage to the enemies on the edges of the enemy formation. If there is only one enemy alive, the damage is doubled.
  • The enemies on the edges of the enemy formation receive 112234 Poison damage over 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

White Rabbit – 5* – :sun_with_face: Holy

White Rabbit Beta Info & Stats

Rarity: Legendary/5*

Attack: 731
Defense: 749
HP: 1353

Class: Cleric
Element: Holy/Yellow

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Rabbit’s Watch

• Deals 280% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Target gets -34% defense for 34 turns. The effect duration is reset if the target is healed. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Shrubbear – 3* – :leaves: Nature

Rarity: Rare/3*

Attack: 351
Defense: 512
HP: 888

Class: Monk
Element: Nature/Green

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Camouflage Foliage

• The caster gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skills on the caster’s allies for 4 turns.
  • The caster gets +63% defense for 4 turns.
  • The caster gets +74% defense against Special Skills for 4 turns.

General Information on Challenge Event Revamps

This includes details on features that have now been released with Knights of Avalon, including Summoning Odds changes, Challenge Coins, Suspicious Chests, the new 15 Stages, new WE costs, and the new Event duration.

Click for General Information on Challenge Event Revamps

New Summoning Odds (these are the same that have gone live now for Knights of Avalon)

APPEARANCE RATES
Rare Classic Hero: 63.1%
Epic Classic Hero: 20.8%
Legendary Classic Hero: 1.5%

Rare Event Hero: 7.9%
Epic Event Hero: 5.7%
Legendary Event Hero 1.0%

BONUS DRAW
Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

New Challenge Coins

Challenge Coins can be received from Challenge Event Rewards, as well as from new “rare enemies” called a Suspicious Chest that appears at random in Challenge Event Stages.

10 Challenge Coins can be used for a free Summon from the Challenge Event Portal.

Challenge Coins appear to be copper colored (more orange than EHT and ETT), and are pentagon shaped. They have each of the 5 Challenge Event Family symbols on them, so they appear to be intended for use across Challenge Events, not specific to one Event.

The premise of Suspicious Chests appears to be similar to the concept of Orichalcum Seadragons appearing at random during Atlantis Rises and dropping Atlantis Coins, which can then be used for Summons. One difference is that in initial testing, it appears that Suspicious Chests only drop a single Challenge Coin — but you only need 10 of them for a Summon, not 100.

In-Game Tooltip Text for Challenge Coins

Used for a free summon at the Event Summon. You need 10 coins for one summon.

This item can be received as loot from a Rare Challenge Event enemy.

More Details on the Suspicious Chests

They appear at random in a mob/monster slot. So far I’ve only personally seen a couple, so this information may need to be updated, but there were 3 useful things to note:

1. The Suspicious Chests are the same element/color that has the Elemental Barrier that reflects all direct damage and status effects from the same element.

2. The Suspicious Chest is “Invulnerable” and “Shielded,” which means that it’s “Vulnerable to damage only during the turn before it attacks.” This is an intrinsic attribute, not a Status Effect, so it can’t be dispelled, and shouldn’t be removable, even by Guardian Chameleon. The chest shows the word “INVULNERABLE” below it at all times, and the pop-up information when you tap and hold on it shows “Shielded,” along with the explanation above.

3. Defeating the Suspicious Chest adds 5000 bonus points to the Stage Score.

New Stages, Bosses, and WE Costs

There are now 15 Stages for each tier of the Challenge Event (Rare, Epic, and Legendary), and they have new Bosses and WE costs, many of which are effectively reduced vs. the current Challenge Events.

I’ve noted all of the WE costs below.

And yes — there really are Stages costing 1 WE in Rare and 2 WE in Epic now, which may make for interesting opportunities when filling Monster Chests or farming XP during Challenge Events.

Rare Tier

Stage Rare Epic Legendary
1 1 2 3
2 1 2 3
3 1 2 3
4 2 3 4
5 2 3 4
6 2 3 4
7 3 4 5
8 3 4 5
9 3 4 5
10 4 5 6
11 4 5 6
12 4 5 6
13 5 6 7
14 5 6 7
15 5 6 7

New Event Duration and Schedule

Challenge Events have been expanded to 5 days, and now begin on Wednesday instead of Thursday.

New Rewards

As with Knights of Avalon that’s been released to the live game, the Rewards have been fairly radically improved, and the brackets have been enlarged.

NOTE: It’s highly likely I may type something wrong, so if you see something that doesn’t make sense, please let me know so I can check that it’s right!

Click for Rare Tier Rewards (remember, this may change)
Heroes Avatars Flasks Tokens Coins Ascension Mats Battle Items Crafting Ingredients
Rank 1 Captain of Diamonds Shrubbear 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 10x Challenge 1x Farsight Telescope, 2x Damascus Blade, 1x Trap Tools, 1x Fine Gloves, 1x Hidden Blade, 1x Warm Cape, 1x Orb of Magic, 10x Strong Rope, 10x Adventurer’s Kit 10x Tornado, 10x Super Antidotes, 10x Mana Potion, 10x Healing Potion 10x Meteor Fragments, 10x Fine Steel, 10x Crystal Shard, 10x String
Ranks 2-10 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 5x Challenge 1x Farsight Telescope, 1x Damascus Blade, 1x Hidden Blade, 1x Warm Cape, 1x Orb of Magic, 10x Strong Rope, 10x Adventurer’s Kit 10x Tornado, 10x Super Antidotes, 10x Mana Potion, 10x Healing Potion 10x Meteor Fragments, 10x Fine Steel, 10x Crystal Shard, 10x String
Ranks 11-1000 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 2x Challenge 1x Farsight Telescope, 1x Hidden Blade, 10x Strong Rope, 10x Adventurer’s Kit 10x Tornado, 10x Super Antidotes, 10x Mana Potion, 10x Healing Potion 10x Meteor Fragments, 10x Fine Steel, 10x Crystal Shard, 10x String
Ranks 1001-10000 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily - 10x Strong Rope, 10x Adventurer’s Kit 10x Super Antidotes, 10x Mana Potion, 10x Healing Potion 10x Meteor Fragments, 10x Fine Steel, 10x Crystal Shard, 10x String
Ranks 10001-100000 - - 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x ETT, 1x Daily - 10x Strong Rope, 10x Adventurer’s Kit 10x Mana Potion, 10x Healing Potion 10x Crystal Shard, 10x String
Ranks 100001-500000 - - 1x WE 1x Daily - 10x Adventurer’s Kit 10x Healing Potion 10x String
Ranks 500001 or Lower - - 1x Daily - - - - -

Rare Tier Completion Reward

• 1x WE Flask
  • 3x Challenge Coin
  • 10x Cleric Emblem
  • 10x Monk Emblem
  • Sturdy Shield
  • 1x Revive Scroll
Click for Epic Tier Rewards (remember, this may change)
Heroes Avatars Flasks Tokens Coins Ascension Mats Battle Items Crafting Ingredients
Rank 1 Jabberwock Cheshire Cat, Captain of Diamonds 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 20x Challenge 1x Mystic Rings, 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Damascus Blade, 1x Poison Darts, 1x Farsight Telescope, 1x Hidden Blade, 1x Orb of Magic, 2x Compass, 1x Fine Gloves, 2x Trap Tools, 20x Dagger, 20x Practice Sword 20x Time Stop, 20x Bomb Attack, 20x Potent Healing Potion, 20x Arrow Attack 20x Dragon Bone, 20x Grimoire Dust, 20x Firestone, 20x Crude Iron
Ranks 2-10 - Cheshire Cat 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 10x Challenge 1x Mystic Rings, 1x Poison Darts, 1x Farsight Telescope, 1x Hidden Blade, 1x Orb of Magic, 1x Compass, 1x Fine Gloves, 1x Trap Tools, 20x Dagger, 20x Practice Sword 20x Time Stop, 20x Bomb Attack, 20x Potent Healing Potion, 20x Arrow Attack 20x Dragon Bone, 20x Grimoire Dust, 20x Firestone, 20x Crude Iron
Ranks 11-500 - - 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 3x Challenge 1x Mystic Rings, 1x Compass, 1x Fine Gloves, 1x Trap Tools, 20x Dagger, 20x Practice Sword 20x Time Stop, 20x Bomb Attack, 20x Potent Healing Potion, 20x Arrow Attack 20x Dragon Bone, 20x Grimoire Dust, 20x Firestone, 20x Crude Iron
Ranks 501-5000 - - 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily - 1x Trap Tools, 20x Dagger, 20x Practice Sword 20x Bomb Attack, 20x Potent Healing Potion, 20x Arrow Attack 20x Grimoire Dust, 20x Firestone, 20x Crude Iron
Ranks 5001-50000 - - 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x ETT, 1x Daily - 20x Dagger, 20x Practice Sword 20x Potent Healing Potion, 20x Arrow Attack 20x Firestone, 20x Crude Iron
Ranks 50001-250000 - - 2x WE 1x Daily - 20x Practice Sword 20x Arrow Attack 20x Crude Iron
Ranks 250001 or Lower - - - 1x Daily - - -

Epic Tier Completion Rewards

• 2x WE Flask
  • 5x Challenge Coin
  • 20x Ranger Emblem
  • 20x Paladin Emblem
  • 1x Orb of Magic
  • 1x Warm Cape
  • 1x Revive Scroll
Click for Legendary Tier Rewards (remember, this may change)
Rank 1 White Rabbit The Hatter, Alice, Queen of Hearts 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 30x Challenge 1x Royal Tabard, 2x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Tome of Tactics, 1x Mystic Rings, 2x Poison Darts, 3x Sturdy Shield, 1x Orb of Magic, 2x Compass, 1x Fine Gloves, 30x Leather Armor, 30x Rugged Clothes 30x Super Mana Potion, 30x Dragon Banner, 30x Axe Attack, 30x Antidote 30x Orichalcum Nugget, 30x Hardwood Lumber, 30x Metal Ores, 30x Large Bone
Ranks 2-10 - Alice, Queen of Hearts 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 15x Challenge 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Mystic Rings, 1x Poison Darts, 3x Sturdy Shield, 1x Orb of Magic, 2x Compass, 1x Fine Gloves, 30x Leather Armor, 30x Rugged Clothes 30x Super Mana Potion, 30x Dragon Banner, 30x Axe Attack, 30x Antidote 30x Orichalcum Nugget, 30x Hardwood Lumber, 30x Metal Ores, 30x Large Bone
Ranks 11-100 - Queen of Hearts 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 5x Challenge 1x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Poison Darts, 3x Sturdy Shield, 1x Orb of Magic, 2x Compass, 1x Fine Gloves, 30x Leather Armor, 30x Rugged Clothes 30x Super Mana Potion, 30x Dragon Banner, 30x Axe Attack, 30x Antidote 30x Orichalcum Nugget, 30x Hardwood Lumber, 30x Metal Ores, 30x Large Bone
Ranks 101-1000 - - 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily - 2x Sturdy Shield, 1x Compass, 1x Fine Gloves, 30x Leather Armor, 30x Rugged Clothes 30x Dragon Banner, 30x Axe Attack, 30x Antidote 30x Hardwood Lumber, 30x Metal Ores, 30x Large Bone
Ranks 1001-10000 - - 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x ETT, 1x Daily - 1x Sturdy Shield, 30x Leather Armor, 30x Rugged Clothes 30x Axe Attack, 30x Antidote 30x Metal Ores, 30x Large Bone
Ranks 10001-100000 - - 3x WE 1x Daily - 30x Rugged Clothes 30x Antidote 30x Large Bone
Ranks 1000001 or Lower - - - 1x Daily - - -

Legendary Tier Completion Rewards

• 3x WE Flask
  • 7x Challenge Coin
  • 50x Rogue Emblem
  • 50x Fighter Emblem
  • 1x Sturdy Shield
  • 1x Orb of Magic
  • 1x Compass
  • 1x Revive Scroll

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see :test_tube: The Beta Beat (v24) – Sharing the Big Picture on What’s Going on in Beta: Costumes & New Riddles of Wonderland Challenge Event

18 Likes

For Jabberwock, how is edge of the formation determined? Is it always the two wing spots (1 and 5), meaning if one is down it deals double to 1/5?

Or is it just the outermost heroes (which could be 2/5, 2,4, etc.), in which case the only time damage would be double is if only a single enemy is alive (in any position)?

Also, thank you - as always - for relaying this informaiton!

3 Likes

Shrubbear seems to have one of the special moves that isn’t very helpful. Taunt give it 4 turns where you can’t use a special skill on it. AND it has 74% defense against special skills too for 4 turns. Other than an enemy maybe removing Taunt, doesn’t that appear to be overkill?

1 Like

… on it’s allies. That’s the key.

4 Likes

Very nice…missed that part. Thanks!!

1 Like

It’s the outermost, keep in mind this applies for Quests and such too, not just Raids. :slightly_smiling_face:

So as an example:

Monster - Boss - Monster => hits the Monsters

(dead) - Boss - Monster => hits the Boss and Monster

(dead) - Boss - (dead) => hits the Boss for double (technically it looks like two hits, it shows two damage numbers, and the amounts aren’t identical)

13 Likes

Technically they’re getting “doubled” :crazy_face: Lol, that should be clarified though in all seriousness. It sounded to me at first that the damage was doubled, but it’s actually just two hits.

I like that this is the first 3* hero to get taunt and special skill defense buffs. Overall I really appreciate that we’re seeing some more variety in this rarity :slight_smile:

Purely defensive 3* given those stats, so the desire to really get this hero isn’t all that high for me. Maybe decent for offense in raid tournaments, specially against Ulmers or Jahangirs under the Rush Attack rule, as slow speed just really hurts him otherwise.

On raid tournaments defense teams, I can see Shrubear doing well as a tank in Buff Booster. Under the other rulesets I’m not convinced though, red 3*s generally have high attack stats, and the ability isn’t threatening without Buff Booster. He’ll probably be a better flank for the other rulesets, particularly for Rush Attack.

5 Likes

LOL, look at Shrubbear, def 512 and 888 HP. And that special… The best 3* tank at tournament. The worst nightmare at rush attack tournament.

1 Like

Jabberwock’s damage is so high! A bit of a downside that you can’t aim his special, but still higher attack stat than Lianna and potential of 550% damage on a single target and poison.
He does have an interesting mechanic with Cheshire Cat. Hit sides first and then (hopefully) shuffle them into tank position. Poison doesn’t stack though :frowning_face:.

White Rabbit is also a top hero. Defense debuff is good vs titans, especially since yellow doesn’t have a pulverizer hero. Only 3 turns, since titans don’t heal, but it’s ok with fast mana. I like single target specials better, but he deals high total damage. Extra points against event bosses. His debuff reset would have done wonders in the last stage in Avalon. Also nice in cleric trials, considering he’s one of the few damage dealers.
So far the only rabbit that puts defense debuff on the enemy instead of himself.

Shrubbear isn’t good though. Defensive stats, defensive special. He can be easily dispelled, so not that good for raid tournaments. And for events I’d always choose a high damage hero over him.

3 Likes

Why Shrubbear and not the PINK FLAMINGO?

WE WANT THE PINK FLAMINGO!

10 Likes

Just wanna say thanks for keepin these goin and i wish you would post the wonderland rewards already lol

2 Likes

Will do ASAP, we moved this weekend, so I was busy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

You’re just a digital person on my phone screen, you couldn’t have been busy lol

10 Likes

I saw those numbers and that special and my jaw dropped. The new 3*s are BEASTS!!

1 Like

Shrubbear looks like a salad gummi bear! Not sure if that’s a vote for or against. It’s early here in Horroregon and I need coffee. :sleeping:

I just wish the rabbit was a yellow eve/panther/frida or at least dropped regular defense of 3(even 4* heroes can manage that much)

Could make average mana and I’d still be fine with it personally

Many players wait for this. Even for red we have Falcon. Maybe the S3 will bring such a hero.

1 Like

I was hoping the November hotm would be the answer instead of just another yellow that blinds and cuts mana

I get it each color has their niches but every color except yellow has a regular defense dropper that drops the defense of more than 1 enemy and same for elemental

3 Likes

They hate yellow, clearly. No 4* healer also. They don’t care at all about balance in the game.

5 Likes

5 enemies - hits enemy 1 and 5
4 enemies - hits enemy 1 and 4
3 enemies - hits enemy 1 and 3
2 enemies - hits both
When one of the enemies on the edge is dead, hits the other one for double damage.
If there are none, hits nobody.

So I think Zephyr is not right.
(dead) - Boss - (Monster) = shall be: hits (Monster) for double damage.